Entre nos (Between Us) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Entre nos (Between Us) Reviews

July 9, 2011
Heart breaking. Heart warming. A good reminder to not forget about those who need help when a lot of us have been so blessed.
June 21, 2011
empanadas the savior .. another intense movie
June 19, 2011
A really good movie. You can stream it in Netflix. If you don't speak Spanish, don't let the subtitles throw you off, it is well worth watching.
June 3, 2011
Entre Nos is a film about a mother of two who is forced to make it on her own after her husband leaves them in New York and doesn't return. The film is based on a true story and outlines their struggles living on the streets.
May 23, 2011
A compelling story that develops slowly but surely into an example of human triumph. In a nations of immigrants, you would think stories like this would be hackneyed and cliche. This one is not.
May 13, 2011
heart breaking story of survival for an immigrant woman with two young children abandoned by her bastard of a husband in new york city who runs off by himself. she doesn't speak english, she doesn't have any skills and everything there is foreign to them... what will they do to survive?
May 10, 2011
¡excelente! Di una delicatezza fuori dal comune...
½ April 15, 2011
At first, this seems like the cliche, painful drama of the female lead abandoned with children and homeless, but unlike other movies where everthing is played over-the top, this is raw and plain. The greatness shines in this films honesty. It isn't always satifying, but it offers hope and that is all anyone needs.
March 21, 2011
nice little film about the struggle of columbian immigrants in NYC, left homeless and falling on hard times after the husband/father abandons them...Based on a true story. A little boring here and there but overall was worth the time.
March 6, 2011
Really nice little film this, I loved the brevity and simplicity of the plot. The poor young mother of two and her desperate struggle for survival on the streets.

Yes there are a few scenes that make you wince, but plenty that make you smile and nothing that makes you think you are wasting your time.

The last credits show that this is based on a true story and that in itself makes this film very special. The fact that someone can go from such humble beginnings to a real success story is an incredible achievement and should be a moral to everyone.

I like watching films like this as much if not more than the big blockbusters. They are true to life and offer to me more than the big budget special effects which I think I am growing tired of in my old age.
February 22, 2011
Lamentablemente no me gusto mucho. Una pelicula muy plana.
½ February 6, 2011
I feel a review is necessary to justify my rating. First, this film is based on a true story that the director/writer was actually involved in.
This film takes place in New York City, focusing itself around a woman and her two children. What happens, is her husband abandoned her, leaving her (by the way she is not very good at english) by herself to raise two kids, and goes through a dramatic, but real struggle in trying to be able to even afford a roof over her head and her children, while still having to be a reliable mother.
I appreciate this films objective, BUT, I felt there were many more layers for this film in terms of character, the setting perfect, and I appreciate the fact that the film was not over dramatized, but there was such opportunity for these wonderful characters, and it felt flat.

For an 80 minute movie,it felt long. I believe what this film needed was a larger focus on the family than on the mother. Now there were a lot of family moments, but I felt it could have gone farther, because one person's struggles is interesting, but when there are 3 people all struggling it becomes touching and emotional, and when a mother is fighting for her children's survival it drives a bullet right through the heart, and I would have loved to see more of that, and more of the struggle and determination.
So the final census, the film had a nice message, and showed true human life, however it lacked in human relationships and human contact, the thing that make all of these inspiring, unbelievable stories relatable thus leaving the audience flat.
½ January 31, 2011
a great movie, but the happy ending came a bit suddenly
January 29, 2011
I was really surprised that she didn't utilize all her options sooner.. Glad to hear they got their happy ending, no thanks to their father!
½ January 29, 2011
Wow, based on a true story! This movie will make you appreciate what you have...
January 5, 2011
"Entre nos" is the real life story of Mariana, an immigrant from Colombia who was abandoned abruptly by her husband in NY few weeks after arriving. Left with two kids, Mariana neither spoke English, nor had any means to make ends meet. Living as homeless in NY, she resourcefully was able to overcome adversity, and eventually send her two kids to college. Their daily struggles are told so beautifully in the film, that the viewer can not, but empathize with each member of the family. Mariana´s daughter co-direct the film and play the role of her mother. I highly recommend Entre Nos.
January 2, 2011
How incredibly sad to be dumped in a country where you don't speak the language.
December 26, 2010
great independent film.....I highly recommend.
½ December 19, 2010
So sad but what a strong and loving mother...
November 23, 2010
I really liked this movie. It is based on real-life...which are my favorite movies to watch. I was especially interested to know that the actress who played the mother (in the movie) was actually the real-life daughter of the mother in the story...AND the producer of the movie!! After watching this movie....you will acquire a deeper appreciation for what you do have in life.