Epic

—— Witches of East End: Season 2

Epic Reviews

Rosalyn Lim
July 10, 2014
Another eco-friendly film from Blue Sky Studios, Epic (2013) is certainly not something I expected. At first I am not delighted to watch its contemporary elements because I thought this film would set in a medieval times. Never mind that but the first quarter or half horribly failed to captivate and it is too boring to bear so I dropped it and re-watch it a week later in a better mood.

In the end, it actually has a pretty interesting concept but I strongly dislike the fact that they name this film epic because it is nothing close to that word. Epic means very great or impressive or heroic/grand in scale or character; if you watch this you will understand how I feel. Gorgeous visuals as usual but this is truly misleading; an injustice and this film doesn't live up to its title.

PS. Love their voice casts though.
June 11, 2014
A real visual treat and great film for kids and adults. But the snail and the slug really steal the show.
June 29, 2012
Looks pretty incredible, great first trailer!
July 3, 2014
Good animation and a well intentioned direction, but the plot never escapes the stigma of being Fern Gully impregnating Thumbelina through the reproductive organs of Star Wars. The script is just that stale.

Epic is like the film equivalent of that meal you can stomach, but don't particularly find delicious. It's passable, but nothing groundbreaking or memorable. It's so mediocre, it's average. I mean, Epic is good (Moreso than bad anyway). It just isn't original or memorable. It's like a movie fart. It feels good upon experiencing it, but you forget it even happened afterwards.
June 29, 2014
Mouais, sympa pour les mômes.
June 25, 2014
Fantastic. Amazing animation and, just as importantly, a super story. Loads of very exciting action. Loved it.
toobaahmad98
May 27, 2013
Perks are that its not only a kids movie, but can also work for an adult audience too.
June 24, 2014
The creativity idea was unbelievable and background music also brilliant. And background voice are very good.... My favorite voice is MK, Nord, Ronan.
May 25, 2013
Rather unusual ending, but a pretty entertaining movie
December 11, 2012
Pretty standard animation which is kind of disappointing from a film titled EPIC. Nothing really epic about it. It's a cool world, but I don't see any redeeming quality from our male hero. Character development kind of sucked. A pet peeve of mine is when a characters character does a 180 when there was nothing to in his previous demeanor that showed this person was capable of making that change.
September 5, 2013
I enjoyed this film, maybe more than any others. I had fairly high expectations and I felt that this film met them, though it was not particularly excellent.
June 4, 2014
Látványos, pörg?s, néha kifejezetten ijeszt? és sajnos csak nagyon ritkán vicces, akkor is inkább kínosan. Azért nézhet?.
June 4, 2014
Pleasant but predictable
Alex A
September 13, 2013
While Epic does have several humorous moments and is a well made animated film, it ultimately feels like something you would watch when there is nothing else around. It most certainly isn't epic as its title suggests, and it slightly lacks rewatch value being nowhere near as good as other animated films of its genre. Nonetheless Epic has some truly colorful and vibrant animation, good voice acting and the action sequences are entertaining so it's a good watch even though it's not groundbreaking.
May 31, 2014
Epic should have considered using a different title. Instead of being something grandiose, this movie is bland - even my kids were bored at times. The animation is good and the voice acting is entertaining enough, but the plot is messy and predictable. They should have stuck closer to the title of the source material: The Leaf Men and the Brave Good Bugs.
May 31, 2014
Ronin (Colin Farrel): Many leaves, one tree. We're all individuals, but we're still connected. No one's alone.

This was an okay film-- the animation was wonderful, a true marvel but still slightly off, often times the people had some sort of plastic-like sheen or quality to them, which I found not only odd but also a little bit distracting at first. The main protagonist (voiced by Amanda Seyfried), Mary "M.K." Katherine's backstory was well thought out. I liked that it attempted to be somewhat unique. One the other hand, the Leafmen, token, teen rebel (voiced by Josh Hutcherson), Nod, his storyline was the typical cookie-cutter tale. In fact, this film suffers from way too many stereotypical subplots: the relationship M.K. and Nod, between Nod and Ronin, between Ronin and Queen Tara, the conflict between the Leafmen and the Boggans and then there's that whole business with the saving of the forest and finding the next queen. I mean total subplot overload! Customarily, I'm the first person to opposed splitting a story unnecessarily into two or three different films; but this film would have greatly benefitted from it. A prequel could have conveyed Ronin's connection to Nod and Queen Tara, or an independent but related film altogether: Ronin's tale. Or heck even a few flashback sequences could have helped, because you can't just cram all that information into one film and pretty much just tease about supporting character's back stories without exploring them otherwise why bother mentioning them at all because it just takes away precious minutes from the more important main characters and storylines that actually needs to be cultivated.
May 24, 2014
Epic is imaginative and will be rightly adored by kids of all ages. Superb animation and vibrant on screen environments help epic on its way to adventurous battle of good and evil. The formula is nothing new but with a tweak here and there including some creative and funny characters, Epic is enjoyable. A multi-talented cast do a job at bringing this fantasy world alive with some energetic performances as woodland people, creatures and foes. For a kids movie the characters are carefully balanced and developed including some hilarious dialogue which can be savoured by the parents. Overall this is a good adventure movie which is cute, uplifting and funny all in a beautifully crafted fantasy world.
September 21, 2013
It jumps impeccably through a narrative sound a like, but fallen behind it's spotlight to gain on a little spark of hope. Thinking that it is dreadful and unpleasant is not right. It is farely interesting, but sites overthink the violence the film brings up. At first, it seems to bring up a moving touch to the family genre, but after focusing to much on wrong characters and a flick of effects, the charm loses and the film flings in a rope. Spectacular visuals didn't help so much to bring down it's action perspective and mildly intriguing plot. 55/100
May 22, 2013
Entertaining enough, especially for the little ones and Aziz Ansari always makes me laugh at least once or twice, so not a complete loss. And while the animation is beautiful and action is fast & furious, as far as Forest based cartoons go, make mine FERNGULLY all the way.
NaWia
NaWia

May 21, 2014
I heard alot of this Movie from friends and how nice it was, so thought to give a chance, I was really surprised to have enjoyed it.