The Ten Commandments - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Ten Commandments Reviews

½ June 12, 2018
I saw this more than once as a kid and quite enjoyed it. It's definitely more accurate than the original. And I never found anything wrong with the animation, either. It didn't bother me, at least. Definitely worth a watch.
July 6, 2017
The Animation is beyond awful and the voice acting is pretty average at best. But other than that not bad. Though definitely not in Ten Commandments or Prince Of Egypts league.
July 28, 2016
The only difference between this and "The Prince of Egypt" is the different, okay animation with being the CGI animated version of the whole, original story with some additional bits. (C+)

(Full review TBA)
July 27, 2016
this movie is awesome 5 stars.
May 12, 2016
The Ten Commandments (2007) ??
Horrendously bad animated movie detailing Moses, Hebrews, destination at Mount Sinai, etc. Where's Cecil B. DeMille when you really need him!?
December 13, 2014
Boring and slow! Can't compare to the Classic Ten Commandments! $ave your money and skip this film.
July 4, 2014
Awfully animated , poorly plotted , stale characters , waste of Kathleen Barr , Lee toker and Ben Kingsleys talent and contains the worst rendering since Foodfight , Ten Commandments (2007) is one of the worst movie ever made
July 2, 2014
is this another Prince of Egypt?
January 22, 2013
Sir Ben Kingsley? Doc Ock? CHRISTIAN SLATER!?!?!? WHAT A CAST!!!
½ December 8, 2012
be scared of the lord
October 13, 2012
Unlike previous versions, this take on the classic Exodus tale is dumbed down for little children. Combine that with unimpressive animation and cheesy dialougue, and you have one film that won't be seeing the promised land anytime soon.
September 13, 2012
Considering the obvious low budget, they did a good job. However, the script and characters could have gone under better development. I wouldn't pay to see this, but I would watch it for free.
½ July 28, 2012
A pretty boring take on the story, but it is still a good movie. Tells the same story as other movies, but the animation makes it more watchable as it cuts down on the length and focuses more on the story than other aspects. It is recommended for all ages, and it will keep you engrossed from start to finish. There is a better version of this called Prince of Egypt, but if that is not available, this is a fine substitute.
April 16, 2012
I watched this with some school kids, its actually very good, and good for adults too the familiar story of Moses and the Exodus. Good animation.
½ March 9, 2011
Not even Alfred Molina can save this mess. Gotta give him credit for trying, though.
½ December 27, 2010
While the animation isn't the best, this is a great retelling of an already fascinating Bible story.
December 18, 2010
This story has been told a time or two before, and the latest incarnation is a lackluster and shoddy animated film that will turn off almost any viewer. This film has enough good intentions to fill an ark, and it was obviously intended to be easily digested by kids but the movie's sub par animation and lousy voice work leaves a lot to be desired. I think the filmmakers sorely misjudged just how sophisticated today's kids have become.
This clunky relic is a throwback to the old "Davey and Goliath" Sunday morning show, but it's way too serious to even be any fun like that program was. I did somewhat admire this for taking itself seriously and not throwing in a lot of Disney-like talking animals or catchy songs to punch things up, but there has to be some kind of compromise if you want to get your point across to your intended target audience.
I have a high tolerance for boredom, but even I had all but given up on this at the halfway point. All those good intentions helped the directors assemble an impressive list of actors to provide the voices, but like the animation, the dubbing is embarrassingly primitive. The makers would have had more luck getting Stan and Cartman to teach kids bible lessons. At least they would have paid attention.
This feels more like Sunday school than an entertaining night at the movies. It is misguided in almost every way possible.
June 6, 2010
Even the trailer looks terrible...