Episode 50 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Episode 50 Reviews

October 9, 2016
It's bad. There's no denying that.
But it's sort of a fun bad. Like The Room or Food Fight. The acting's terrible, the plot is weird, and the premise is cliched but...yeah I kind of had fun.
½ August 6, 2016
Holy Shit! Any Horror movie is far more worth watching than this,
This isn't only dissapointing but also it's one of the worst movies of 2011, The acting was garbage, the script was atrocious, the jump scares aren't even effective, the Costume Design is bullshit and fake, the directing was a lazy load of fuck, and the found footage is utterly painful.
Good thing there isn't any tomatometer on there i can just hate it as much as i like.

Score: 0/10
½ November 25, 2014
Good, but overall kind of a waste of time.
June 1, 2014
To showcase the 50th episode of a reality show about paranormal investigators, the cast from the show and the cast from a rival show are allowed into what is known as the most haunted place in the US, and old hospice turned military hospital turned insane asylum in WV. The show is mysteriously cancelled after episode 49; this is the raw footage of the lost episode. Average to poor acting only mildly hampered my interest in this subject. There is a creepiness that pervades the movie. Not great by any means, but I liked it.
May 30, 2014
Not a particularly good movie. Starts off quite good and the premise is really neat, but the atrocious acting and lack of any real tension or progression of plot leaves the viewer wishing they skipped this one.
½ March 24, 2014
one of the worst movies in the C category!
January 19, 2014
It starts off well, but the poor acting, poor effects, and poor story development gives no payoff.
½ January 13, 2014
Friday, January 10, 2014

(2011) Episode 50
HORROR

Another 'no plot' movie that succumbs to another low budget "Paranormal Activity" experience with expected results, something one can usually see from a long running TV series called "Ghost Hunters" from the Sci-Fi Channel. This particular 'Paranormal Activity' skeptics are filming their 50th episode (hence the title Episode 50)and theirs no better place to film it than on an actual haunted insane asylum said to be haunted many years ago during the civil war when heinous experiments used to be practiced. Along the way, they're left with no choice but to work with some religious Christian fanatics who believe in conversing with the dead. With a little stupidity the first few minutes was okay but then it drags to constant stalling with no surprises.

1 star out of 4
½ December 8, 2013
Just awful. Why do I put myself through this shit?
½ September 21, 2013
"Episode 50" I thought would be the next big paranormal witness but turns out to be the most worst movie then the Miley Cyrus VMA's clip.
The beginning of the movie was bad acting. The "ASSC?" more like the "ASS" group. At least make the group act like they want to be hunting. Really wish that the acting was more realistic. I can say that the actors need to be more experienced in order for this movie to get AT LEAST 2 stars.
I cannot stress enough that this movie can only be a one star movie, this is nothing compared to "the possession" and that movie looked more professional then this movie.
Watch this movie at your own risk; you notice the acting is stale and gore is advise.
½ September 7, 2013
In the directing/writing team of Joe Smalley, Tess Smalley, and Ian Holt's first attempt at filmmaking, they have (hopefully inadvertently) birthed unto this world a heinous abomination of odious content and nearly insurmountable egregiousness. Why did I write out the names of those involved? Because they must be held accountable for this monolithic cataclysm infecting unsuspecting viewers. Did I know if this was there first attempt at filmmaking? Nope, but if it's not, I don't think even they deserve the humiliation that would entail. Surprisingly, I'm going to echo the one critic to endure through this shipwreck by saying that the first ten to fifteen minutes looked pretty good, and by good, I of course mean horrendous, but incredible by the "standards" set in the rest of Episode 50. But congratulations!! the wretchedness of your cinematic excretion has earned a spot on my list of the worst films of all time, along with such reprehensible rubbish as Darkness Falls, Dracula 3000, The Fourth Kind, Shark Night 3D, Aeon Flux, 2-Headed Shark Attack, Grown Ups 1&2, Jack And Jill, Apartment 143, Super Cyclone, Silent Hill: Revelation, Grave Encounters 2, One For The Money, Resident Evil: Retribution, Prom Night, What To Expect When You're Expecting, Saw 2 3 4 5 6 3D, [rec]3 Genesis, Mega Shark Vs Crocosaurus, The Lucky One, The Last Will And Testament Of Rosalind Leigh, The Devil Inside, Transformers: Dark Of The Moon, The Bay, Act Of Valor, R.I.P.D. Storage 24, and The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)... Don't worry though, Episode 50 is far from being the worst film ever made. That abysmal distinction goes to the one and only Mr. Jingles. Compared to that, Episode 50 is Oscar worthy... So take solace in that, since it's probably the only thing you can at this point. Bottom line, this doesn't deserve a bottom line, but just in case someone hasn't gotten the message yet, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE.
August 24, 2013
The last half hour or so is painful to watch as large chunks of the cast are forgotten completely, others are left to dubious fates, things are attempted that the filmmakers simply didn't have the budget to pull off, and the script gets increasingly heavy handed about God and Christianity.
½ August 22, 2013
For a direct-to-DVD low-budget found-footage horror film, don't get your hopes up. It's not an amazing sleeper hit and I doubt will gain cult status. It's a run of the mill film which sets up a nice storyline to begin with, but then as so many horror movies does, lets itself down by the end with run-and-explain storytelling and really bad acting. Shame because the concept works nicely (Ghost Hunters finally meet a real ghost kind of thing) and the ideas behind it are sound - but the execution ends up flawed.
June 22, 2013
Nothing short of a waste of time,honesty there really isn't much of a,story line besides two sides trying to prove each other wrong, the animation sucks, and the story in truth is totally unbelievable, yes I know,that most movies like this are supposed to be fictional,but this movie won't even have you looking over your shoulder to make sure there isn't an importance behind you.Doc for this being one of the worst movies that I have seen, I give "Episode 50" an F.
½ May 23, 2013
I truly enjoyed this film! A little hokey and unbelievable, but still entertaining. My only real complaint is that it gets a lil too Jesus-y at the end.
½ May 3, 2013
A master class in bad acting.
March 26, 2013
Holy crap that movie was scary.
½ March 24, 2013
Ending was laughable. And not in a good way. Pure garbage.
½ February 4, 2013
It is proven that when you look up words suck as "Pathetic" "Rubbish" "scareless" "dumb" and ever other negative word possible the title "Episode 50" should appear. Have I ever seen a horror film as bad as this? No. I could literally say this is one of the worst horror films in history, and I have seen Jason X. Its tedious, its terribly acted, its completely scareless, Its almost undescribable how bad this film actually is. Let's just all pray for the viewers and any living thing on this earth that there will NOT be an Episode 51!
February 1, 2013
poor acting, poor story,movie is messed up, there is nothing much happening in the movie......I say waste of time