Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

½ August 15, 2016
gay ass dragon....boring movie
July 28, 2016
if you're gonna own this movie it should be on dvd! it sucks as an adaptation
July 21, 2016
My family continues to watch this film on DVD, and also loved the books. The special effects were good and I was always surprised they did not finish the series for film.
July 16, 2016
Expected more. Could have been better in every way.
½ June 9, 2016
Simply a terrible movie. Horrible acting and a bad adaptation of a great book. Overall it was a travesty. The only redeeming factor is Jeremy Irons' performance. The worst part is that we all know that Malkovich can act but he wasn't in this movie. He was simply yelling.
½ June 4, 2016
Basically a totally trash movie. I hate that the critics judged the author based on the movie. Whoever put this movie together decided to disgrace just about every single character in the whole series of books. (Even the most important ones!)
Everyone! Disgraced!

God I hope they remake this.
½ May 10, 2016
This movie destroyed the world Christopher Paolini worked so hard to create. Hope someone will remake this shit.
½ May 5, 2016
absolute disgrace to the books. christopher paolini will groan in agony as he sees his fantastic debut of a book turned into a piece of terribly directed, horribly inaccurate, and atrociously acted kind of trash like this
May 1, 2016
É triste ver um livro tão bom ter um filme tão fraco como esse. Por uma parte a culpa foi pela semelhança com "O Senhor dos Aneis"; por outra culpa da Fox, com sua péssima divulgação. Exemplos não faltam. É realmente lamentável. Mas nem tudo é ruim.
March 26, 2016
Too bad they never made any more films.
February 24, 2016
The books were so good, but the movie sucked the life out of the book and the entire fantasy genre.
February 23, 2016
I have wanted to see this in such a long time.
February 22, 2016
Boring, childish, completely predictable, and racist (the dark ugly people are bad, white shiny people are good; having one black man as a leader among the good guys don't change the overall tone) to boot. Oh and the one significant female human character is basically incapacitated most of the movie (I guess the dragon is female too).
½ February 21, 2016
This is a terrible adaption and just an overall dull movie. There is so much potential with this story and they completely wasted and rushed it with this movie. Huge let down.
February 21, 2016
I regret ever watching this disaster. the worst thing is the acting, they're not even trying.
February 14, 2016
Shit movie, that's all there really is to say, the critical consensus is a bit retarded though, having read the books and seen the movie the 'Written by a teenager (and it shows)' its downright stupid, the books are excellently written, the bad quality of a movie cannot be blamed on a teenager who would get literally no say in the direction of the movie due to their age
½ February 10, 2016
Did the books absolutely no justice
February 9, 2016
This was a ok movie the land scape to this movie was Beautiful and the dragons where cool. And the Evil King ruling the world was pretty scary and creepy. But it was a ok movie.

Give it a try
January 24, 2016
I didn't hate this as much as everyone else. There's nothing new in the story or the filming, but it's all done well. It is weak when compared to "Lord of The Rings" or "The Hobbit", but it's much better than other fantasy films like Tom Cruise's "Legend". I personally found "Eragon" entertaining.
January 19, 2016
Book was way better and I don't like what they did to the story here but as a stand alone movie its not so bad