Eragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eragon Reviews

½ February 21, 2016
This is a terrible adaption and just an overall dull movie. There is so much potential with this story and they completely wasted and rushed it with this movie. Huge let down.
February 21, 2016
I regret ever watching this disaster. the worst thing is the acting, they're not even trying.
February 14, 2016
Shit movie, that's all there really is to say, the critical consensus is a bit retarded though, having read the books and seen the movie the 'Written by a teenager (and it shows)' its downright stupid, the books are excellently written, the bad quality of a movie cannot be blamed on a teenager who would get literally no say in the direction of the movie due to their age
½ February 10, 2016
Did the books absolutely no justice
February 9, 2016
This was a ok movie the land scape to this movie was Beautiful and the dragons where cool. And the Evil King ruling the world was pretty scary and creepy. But it was a ok movie.

Give it a try
January 24, 2016
I didn't hate this as much as everyone else. There's nothing new in the story or the filming, but it's all done well. It is weak when compared to "Lord of The Rings" or "The Hobbit", but it's much better than other fantasy films like Tom Cruise's "Legend". I personally found "Eragon" entertaining.
January 19, 2016
Book was way better and I don't like what they did to the story here but as a stand alone movie its not so bad
½ January 8, 2016
The books are amazing, the film is simply crap. I just wish that Peter Jackson had been the director.
January 7, 2016
one of the better entries in a growing sub-genre of films i call sword & sorcercer pix cousin to the sub-genre called sword & sandal pictures.
½ January 5, 2016
Terrible. The entire prospect of Eragon is disgusting to me. Its an obvious Lord of the Rings wannabe.

Christopher Paolini logic** Hmm, you know what I should do? Publish a book exactly like Lord of the Rings except without hobbits, and a make a ton of money!

How was sure a failure even warranted in the first olace?!
December 10, 2015
The book is SOOOOOO much better!!!! Anyone who's read it knows it's true. It's my favorite book but I don't like the movie.
December 7, 2015
This movie is such a bastardization of the book in every way possible, so it's not fair to bring up the authors age as a weak point of the movie itself. I mean they messed up the plot SO much it wasn't even possible to make sequel's, what does that say? lol
½ November 5, 2015
Screw this movie. Screw the actors. Screw the director. Screw the studio. Screw the writers. Screw anyone who bought a ticket to this crap (including me)
November 4, 2015
Cheese-tastic... if you like epics then you'll like it... It's entertaining.. but you won't call home about it...
½ October 28, 2015
This movie didn't do justice to what the book is like. The book is soooo much better. The movie was still pretty good. I think given a bigger budget and better special effects a remake of movie could be amazing.
½ October 22, 2015
Two character performances still shine after re-watching the doomed Eragon movie. 1) The dragon Saphira: Still impressive in design and movement. Voice acting by Rachel Weisz was "ehh". 2) Durza, the Shade: Menacing performance by Robert Carlyle (Rumpelstiltskin aka The Dark One, ABC's Once Upon a Time). He embraced the role fully. They couldn't save the failings of the story and rest of the production.
October 21, 2015
your to critical of it relax n open your mind and you would enjoy it more
½ October 18, 2015
So terrible. Bad as a movie, let alone when compared to the book.
½ October 14, 2015
To be honest, the movie was definitely a let-down, for all you people who will judge the book off the movie, please give 'Eragon' a second chance, the movie is the very tip of the iceberg. The book is 1,000 times better than the movie, and I do wish the movie hadn't given the series such a bad name.
October 6, 2015
It should havent been a little longer