Ernest Goes to Camp - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ernest Goes to Camp Reviews

½ December 3, 2013
For kids and cunts only.
October 1, 2013
It's dumb but watchable. I enjoyed it as a kid and didn't hate it as a grownup. I would recommend it for younger kids as harmless fun.
September 20, 2013
stupid has hell, But it's got tons of charm.
September 6, 2013
Ernest Goes to Camp is actually a very good movie; it might not feature the absolute best script ever written or the finest Oscar-caliber acting, but there's one thing it has in abundance: heart.
July 5, 2013
Dumb 1980's film that'll entertain the family. Not really a good movie and really dumb, but I got some laughs out of it.
½ May 22, 2013
Intentionally silly and the cast seemed to have fun making this film. I believe this is the best Ernest movie out there (not that the others are bad either). This can pretty much be seen as an entertaining family movie and feels good.
March 21, 2013
theres no tellin how many times i watched this movie
January 22, 2013
The best Ernest movie by far! I wish I had "I Sure Am Glad It's Raining" on CD. What kid movies should be!
December 9, 2012
A true classic. Who doesnt love the Ernest movies, know what I mean Vern??
½ December 3, 2012
My mums favourite Ernest movie
November 26, 2012
The best Ernest film, having the best humor quality and plot being assembled better than its' sequels. Ernest Goes to Camp would later be remade as a science fiction Star Wars like film in James Cameron's Avatar.
November 16, 2012
A movie that can give you a good laugh every once in a while.
½ October 31, 2012
Ernest needs to commit suicide, do drugs, rape animals, just enough with the unoriginal ideas.
October 13, 2012
Moderately funny but has a way overused storyline
September 23, 2012
one of the best comedies, jim varney at his best
September 9, 2012
Ernest can be annoying, but genuinely endearing. This is a harmless, family friendly comedy. I know I'm viewing this through the mindset of when I was four years old, but I'll recommend this one out of sheer nostalgia.
September 2, 2012
I love this movie I have seen it 20+ times and I still love it
½ July 20, 2012
Loved it when I was a kid!
July 10, 2012
Not that funny and odd lol
June 24, 2012
Watched with the fam. Okay, so it doesn't hold up so well 20 years later, but boy did I enjoy this film as a teenager. You can't deny it's got heart, though. And some great one-liners..."Hey, is that a rabbit over there?"