Errors Of The Human Body - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Errors Of The Human Body Reviews

½ December 29, 2015
Quite Confronting Story Of Crazy Scientists Playing With Bugs & Being God, To The Best Of Their Abilities.. Which Predictably Has Dramas. It Begins Well, Has Interesting Settings In & Around Europre- Germany...But That's About It.
January 16, 2015
Competição entre cientistas libera um vírus que provoca mutações genéticas. O filme coloca algumas possibilidades reais em discussão, mas dá muitos pulos e fica difícil acompanhar.
½ November 11, 2014
This movie bored me to death. Nothing happens in this flick. NOTHING!!!
August 18, 2014
Unbelievably boring.
July 28, 2014
After having its world premiere at Fantasia Festival in Montreal in July 2012, the film had its U.S. premiere in September at Fantastic Fest in Austin.[5] It was also selected at the Melbourne International Film Festival, Frightfest London, Transatlantyk - Pozna? International Film and Music Festival, Telluride Horror Show and Rio de Janeiro International Film Festival. In September 2012, Jeff Deutchman from Sundance Selects/IFC negotiated with Nate Bolotin at XYZ Films for the North American rights to distribute the film
½ July 28, 2014
Feels like someone found the 2/4's part of the script in the woods somewhere but didnt have the rest- decided to make the movie anyway and got lost.
½ July 10, 2014
Errors of the Human Body indeed.
Didn't enjoy this at all
July 3, 2014
It was more of a brooding sophisticated tale rather than a horror one. The lead actor gave an amazing performance, however, the rest of the cast were total bullsht. Such a shame.
April 16, 2014
Errors of my choosing this borefess
½ January 21, 2014
Visually taught and emotionally murky. Cool colour palette and cool emotions run deep through this production.
January 18, 2014
There are defects early on that hint at the writer/director failing to understand the subject and not knowing where he's going. Characters have flaws, defects, and strengths that simply don't fit. The acting, setting, filming, and atmosphere, however, make up for it. The story, minus the little defects, is also well told and creates immersion and suspense. Then, maybe in some attempt to become more of an action/suspense film, it becomes nearly a constant cliché and nonsensical for the last third.

The filmmaker has talent as a director, but really needs help as a writer after the initial idea and plot development.
½ December 21, 2013
A mind warp of a film. The movie is about a geneticist that looses his son from this weird disease and he gets invited to Germany to make a talk on the subject. After this he actually ends up working for the team to try and figure out a cure for the disease.
There is a part of the dialogue i like and that's the only part that is getting half a star.
They talk about creating cures for diseases and instead of like mosquitoes carrying the diseases they carry the cure.
They used the example of this to be like in Central Africa and you know what it actually has some substance to it if they can actually transfer the reverse to the insects that are causing the diseases to spread they can spread the cure.
Beyond this little insight the film talks about as the foundation of the reasoning behind it all.
It goes down hill from there and stays that lifeless gross mind trip of a movie.
I have never done drugs but this movie for my imagination would be like if i was on a massive Acid trip.
Not suitable for the kiddies and do yourself a favor and give this movie the flick.
December 20, 2013
Well acted, and interesting story, but ultimately it doesn't gel, and is boring
December 3, 2013
A very intriguing, well written, and beautifully shot film. I've not seen a story with this type of storyline that wasn't extremely unrealistic or cheesy or both. Michael Eklund (who I loved in Xavier Gens' The Divide) does a superior job of carrying the lead role. He is supported by fantastic cast.
November 2, 2013
This brooding, psychological thriller could have survived its terribly slow pace if the payoff had been worth it.
October 20, 2013
The cinematography is very well done. If the world it created was relatable this film would be excellent. However, everything feels distant and the characters unreal.
½ October 9, 2013
More intriguing than a lot of thrillers but unfortunately not as thrilling.
½ September 13, 2013
Eminently successful sci-fi thriller with a satisfying slow burn. One of the best films of the year.
½ September 9, 2013
As a biology major, I really appreciated this film.
August 28, 2013
This is a good movie. There's some part of this movie that reminds me of Cronenberg's The Fly with Michael Eklund's descent into madness as he's infected with the virus that claimed the life of his son and his obsession to find a cure for it. The movie is incredibly smart and it's obvious that a lot of work went into making the more scientific stuff seem credible and believable. If there's a problem is that the movie does take a while before it really starts to get going. I think the movie does make a concerted effort to add a little tension to the events with its score and editing. I thought those parts were cool, but it is a movie that will definitely test your patience for a while. But I think Michael Eklund's unhinged performance helps make this movie more than watchable. And the movie also brings up some interesting questions about the ethics of some of these studies and whether the ends justify the means. There's also themes of obsession, with Geoff obsessing over finding a cure to Burton's syndrome. And then there's the ending and the twist and its implications. I'm not sure whether I thought it was a good twist or a bad one. Certainly its implications are actually really dark, but at the same time it does feel kind of cheap. Because it's like 'Oh hey, you know that thing we spent so much time working on? Turns out it's a non-issue and it has always been since the beginning of time'. That felt really cheap to me, though it adds a darker layer to Geoff's character, but it sort of makes everything that happened in the movie irrelevant and pointless. I still thought this was a good movie with some interesting ideas and a great performance from Michael Eklund, it has its issues, but this is still a solid movie.