Escape From Planet Earth - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Escape From Planet Earth Reviews

August 29, 2014
Netflixed it. It's a movie to kill time.
August 29, 2014
At first I was like who made this. I thought sony animation but it's not. This movie is just like monsters vs aliens but worse. Blue aliens , giant alien and the orange alien. Good team but exactly just like monsters vs aliens by dream works.
August 16, 2014
Escape From Planet Earth is not entirely original, but it has its own moments. Personally, it is one of my favorite animated movies. I might have a peculiar list with this included, but Escape From Planet Earth is very enjoyable.
August 9, 2014
Not my type of movie really
August 6, 2014
Great for the little ones
½ August 5, 2014
Cute and over-exploited, it has some nice funny cliches with a "so-so" plot. Kids liked the twist of the main characters.
½ August 5, 2014
July 30, 2014
Generic but has some fun scenes
July 30, 2014
Good movie with funny bits for adults too :0) made me smile.
July 28, 2014
Fun family sci-fi movie! Bought for £10 at Tesco.
July 25, 2014
Looks good but it's rubish
July 24, 2014
The kids and adults loved it
July 22, 2014
I tend to enjoy animated movies but this one lacked the flare and emotional impact of the others out there.
½ July 20, 2014
Good kids film! Great to watch with the family!
July 19, 2014
Dated jokes and pop culture references are just the start of this bland animated alien flick that resembles Planet 51 far too much.
But what would you expect from a studio that until now has only released direct-to-DVD Barbie films and one animated Nutty Professor spin-off. However there are some redeeming qualities like the character development and story. The animation is mediocre but better than others
Overall: 6/10
½ July 19, 2014
Mini Review:

I very disappointed in this movie. There was barley any character development at the time and I didn't want to watch this movie anyway. With a great voice cast I don't think this movie would end up doing well.

Rating: 5.4 (D)
July 19, 2014
Review:
Although this is definitely made for the kids, its one of those movies were adults can watch it as well because there are some funny jokes and the storyline isn't completely ridiculous. There is a wide variation of characters which keep the movie interesting and the animation was quite good. Its basically lighthearted fun for the whole family which is easy to follow from beginning to end. Personally, I wasn't expecting that much from the film so it was good to see that the director added a little adult humour, like the Simon Cowell reference and the talking robot who was supposed to be a rip off from the Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy. At the end of the day, it wasn't that great, but it harmless fun if you just want to watch something that will keep the kids quiet. Average!

Round-Up:
Surprisingly, there were some big names supplying there voices for this movie which was why I was expecting it to be bigger than it was. Jessica Alba, Sarah Jessica Parker, Brendan Fraser and Ricky Gervais are just some of the famous names on the cast list, but the movie didn't really blow up at the box office. Maybe that's because there isn't that much depth to the film and it seemed like the studio just wanted to release it while the kids were on holiday. Anyway, the movie made quite a profit so I'm sure that were going to see these characters in a sequel. As far as animated space movies go, I have seen worse but this isn't that memorable.

Budget: $40million
Worldwide Gross: $75million

I recommend this movie to people who are into there animated, intergalactic kiddie movies about a space technician going to save his heroic brother from earth were an evil man has kidnapped him. 4/10
½ July 18, 2014
Good for family's real laugh for younger children
July 18, 2014
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray
½ July 6, 2014
Not a bad movie actually, laughed quite a few times, the cast is awesome!! Great Family movie!!