Escape From Tomorrow - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Escape From Tomorrow Reviews

September 20, 2017
I'll be honest with you...I did not get this movie. None of it.
The story of how it was filmed was quite interesting, however, the movie itself was long and tedious. It's like a cross between an art movie and a horror movie, without quite managing to be either. The plot seems to have been extracted and all traces of story ignored in favour of hints that go nowhere and countless loose ends. I watched to the end in the hopes of finding out what was going on, maybe the chance of an explanation. That "OH I SEE!" moment.
Sadly, that never happened and I still have no idea what it was all about.
½ September 18, 2017
I hoped this film would actually try to be something the director wished it to be. To reveal the dark side of corporation that has an incredibly huge influence on the world. However despite that this film was not at all anything like that. I could make a film thats better thats shot in disneyland and is about the dark side of disneyland. But all the stuff that occurs in this film is garbage and is not anywhere near Disney's fault. Let me straighten it out, the director wanted to show the dark side of disney by showing how it lies to you. But despite that this film utterly has the guts to lie to you. Oh the Irony is incredible and thats only the beginning because literally all the stuff that happens in the film is stupid. It is stupid and just comes out of no where. Its dark but you can find darker, its shows a dark disney but thats because the people that go there are dumb, and this film isn't even designed to be a film. The characters are one dimensional, the plot is well there is no plot, and being shot in black and white makes no sense as its trying to be symbolic to being dark but its useless when your film does not show how dark disney is. Its bland and garbage and the only thing I liked about it was nothing. The actors are good but that does not help how bland this film is.
August 10, 2017
Disneyland to Disasterland.

The first thing is it is a different film. Might not be fully a fresh concept, but a rare kind. A bunch of wonderful characters and cast, this is somewhat entertaining. Takes place in the backdrop of Disneyland, Florida. Focused on a small family with two little kids having a nice time in the theme park. The story centres mainly on the father, who unable to resist the attraction towards two young French girls seen everywhere he goes. Which leads him to make mistakes being a father. Moreover, strange and unrecognisable events jeopardises the unity of his family.

A bit of fantasy and reality, the film has a style. I thought it was just a flow that's taking it to the other end of the film, but the twist caught me by surprise. Nothing like a mind blowing, but for this kind of small flick, it was good enough. I don't think in any way the film offends the Disney park and Disney fans. Though the Disney did a fine job ignoring it rather than creating more publicity for the film by suing. It was just a possibility of life event which can take place anywhere, anytime. So, that's how it came into the life with this children's favourite theme park. Despite where it sets in, the film is for the adults. I think it is worth a try without any expectation.

6/10
½ June 12, 2017
This movie was the best! 5 out of 5!!!
March 11, 2017
Interesting Film Lol
December 31, 2016
I don't think the marketing for this movie is very good. It somehow makes the movie look less than it actually is.
What it actually is it? A very unusual movie that takes off on a bold conception. Part of the movie was shot at Disney World without permission. In movie maker jargon they "stole the set". And they didn't steal Disney to do like a fan film, but to make a horror movie that is a bit of a takeoff on Disney's own beloved fantasy product. What goes on is that the father and ultimately the family has a fantasy, but a very dark surreal one.

We go through Disney World with a typical USA family, dad, mom, a boy and a girl. Things are a little off to begin with since the movie is in B&W. And isn't Disney A Wonderful World of Color? (That was the name of a Disney TV series in the 1960s) This could be to set visual to the theme of the picture and for more convincing process shots that are used occasionally throughout.
So we go on some rides with the family. They avoid copyright issues by replacing It's a Small World's horrible song with one equally silly and it's very funny. The boy wants to go on Buzz Lightyear and the girl something else so the family splits by gender. Things seem to drift from normal when the father eyes a couple of hot young foreign women and takes his son around the park following them. At some point he meets a mysterious woman with a hypnotic gem on her necklace and we are soon on a trip to dark fantasy land.
This is a dark and unusual film, a one of a kind with David Lynch type roots. It is a very good unique product.
½ August 13, 2016
This was very clever and very disturbing. I would definitely recommend.
July 11, 2016
''That wasn't a Good Play, No kidding, Horrible, You Said it, But the effects were decent''
½ April 25, 2016
"Escape From Tomorrow" reminds me of "Clerks" in many ways...creative, slightly demented & yes, filmed in grainy black & white. However, the one main difference between the two films is that Kevin Smith's debut grew into an indie comedy classic whereas "Escape" will probably be ultimately forgotten, a near-miss that creepily tweaks Disney mythology but never quite gets it right...
April 18, 2016
Unique, paranoid, original, and most definitely surreal, Escape From Tomorrow is a risky movie that proves that Hollywood still has some originality. Escape From Tomorrow is intriguing the entire time, with an unforgettable ending that will leave you wondering what you just watched. Rivals David Lynch in its atmosphere and is one of, if not the most, underrated movie of the past few years. A must-see, and I guarantee you will never look at Disney World the same way again.
April 17, 2016
This is how you fuck up psychological thrillers, what the hell was that? The guerilla filming is interesting, and the contrast of showing this nightmarish side to Disneyland sounds cool, but nothing of any substance or worth is said throughout the whole movie using that idea. It isn't even convincing of this horrifying midlife crisis the dad is apparently having, not that that story even had any value anyways.
Boooo
½ March 26, 2016
While I will give it props for being ambitious...it's is still probably in my opinion one of the worst films ever made!
February 29, 2016
This movie is very odd and nonsensical at times, However I honestly enjoyed it
February 21, 2016
I appreciate the effort and the courage of director Randy Moore. However, Escape for Tomorrow fails to embrace its limitation and ends up as messy, confusing art-house wannabe.
½ February 13, 2016
Flawed, but has to be one of the most ambitious and fearlessly made films ever put to celluloid. Gives the viewer both a sense of nostalgia as well as a new obscured look at what was once familiar, it's like a nightmare one would get if they were running a fever and spending their days rewatching early Disney flicks.
January 29, 2016
I kinda expected this would be the case (though hoping I'd be proven wrong) but it's more interesting as a news story than as a film. Still I like the concept of the movie but man did the main character ruin it for me. I face palmed so many times because of this idiot.
½ January 25, 2016
No thanks! I saw this for free and still want my money back.
January 11, 2016
I wasn't expecting much from this film but it had some quality that kept dragging me in. The surrealism is great and the methods chosen to shoot the film were spectacular. I probably wouldn't watch this again but it kept me entertained for a while.
December 19, 2015
Story is not worth 3 stars. But mad props (stars) for how they pulled this off.