Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Reviews

April 11, 2018
This movie is a delightful challenge that leaves you thinking. The story is told in a non-chronological loop in which the two main characters erase their memories to forget their slightly toxic relationship. Things and events that have become a mystery to them are a mystery to the viewer. This makes the movie very immersive. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is, furthermore, a heartfelt emotional drama about inescapable love, regret, heartache and acceptance with the profound underlying philosophical notion that forgetfulness is essential to happiness.
April 3, 2018
5 stars to the amazingly sad, funny and smart film that made cry every 5 seconds of the runtime, it's solid has a lot of true elements about problematic relationships and what matters the most, it portrays true love even if it's not "the love of your life".
March 30, 2018
Gondry's inspired execution is married beautifully with emotional nuance in perhaps Kaufman's greatest work.
March 29, 2018
Jim Carrey is an amazing actor and Charlie Kaufman did it again. This is right there with Being John Malcovich.
½ March 20, 2018
Horrible depressing movie, wish I could have that 1 hour & 48 minutes erased from my memory.
½ March 8, 2018
a heartbreaking film that takes you on an unexpected journey - very cleverly thought out with an ending that isn't one of a typical romantic happily ever after, but still satisfying.
February 27, 2018
One of the best films I've ever seen
It's emotional relatable-ness is staggering even if you've never been in a relationship
It makes an important statement about walking away from things and learning from mistakes
It has some of the most brilliant writing I've ever seen as a long time movie buff
10/10
February 19, 2018
Funny, beautiful, and thought-provoking in the main storyline but lends a bit too much screentime to Mark Ruffalo and the gang, the less interesting aspect.
½ February 14, 2018
Director Michel Gondry and writer Charlie Kaufman successfully pair in what it has become a little modern indie-classic, with all the benefits of a unique drama and a twisted-yet-gorgeously produced imaginative story, creating an original love story but managing to build feeling, intelligent storytelling, touching characters and a concept that'll became one of the many fantasies for all heartaches, not to forget an iconic Jim Carrey at his best.
February 13, 2018
My favorite movie of all time!
½ February 9, 2018
I was a bit fascinated by the idea and concept of the movie. It also has a strong cast witch I liked. Good to see Jim Carry in a serious role, because I don't think there's that many that are decent. Overall I liked it but didn't love it.
½ February 8, 2018
Like Magnolia but with a mobius strip. It's tough to follow, but (small spoiler alert) watch her hair color; it helps tie in the when. Very complex, very dense and for me very satisfying.
½ February 6, 2018
Charlie Kaufman is the greatest screenwriter of this generation, in my opinion. Together with Michel Gondry's amazing visions, this film took my #1 spot. I love the subtle special effects, hidden behind beautiful acting. Perfect!
February 2, 2018
This was an extraordinary film, wildly imaginative, wonderfully inventive, with a subtle theory that gives deep thought to the notion of love: is there a second chance with same two individuals as they meet for the first time all over again (so to speak)? Very rare are films this innovative that set the bar so high in terms of quality. I must compliment the two leads of Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet giving outstanding performances as the couple rediscovering their romantic interest in each other quite literally and figuratively, and simultaneously opting to erase their past love in nearly the same instant. The film is philosophical at its core and will leave one wondering about the "what-ifs," yet will move audiences who enjoy a great story of tragic romance.
½ January 27, 2018
Up there with Vanilla Sky
January 24, 2018
Jim Carey is surprisingly good. Kate Winslett shows her range. This heart-breaking, yet romantic story of breakups and fate is brilliantly shot and comes with a moving soundtrack.
January 15, 2018
I love the uniqueness of this movie. The acting is very solid. The story line is well done.
½ January 13, 2018
random thoughts for valentine's day..

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

A tricky combination of a two completely opposite genre cared very delicately resulting into one of the smartest and emotional experience for the audience since not only does the movie allows to let the concept sink in but also offers enough range for the actors to flaunt their work.
½ January 13, 2018
Brilliant and original plot drawing out some great ideas. You have to give great credit to the Director as this is not easy material to turn into something coherent. However, the final cut is very well crafted and ties together at a nice pace, unravelling itself to reveal more and more depth and meaning. Very impressive lead performances from Jim Carey in a career best performance and Kate Winslet who are more than ably complemented by the supporting cast.
January 6, 2018
An amazing Movie of real love - the love we encounter in our daily lifes. It's no heroes, no villains, no one saves the day - It is the story of relationships and the cold truth that there are no easy solutions to complex problems.