Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Reviews

January 15, 2018
I love the uniqueness of this movie. The acting is very solid. The story line is well done.
½ January 13, 2018
random thoughts for valentine's day..

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind

A tricky combination of a two completely opposite genre cared very delicately resulting into one of the smartest and emotional experience for the audience since not only does the movie allows to let the concept sink in but also offers enough range for the actors to flaunt their work.
½ January 13, 2018
Brilliant and original plot drawing out some great ideas. You have to give great credit to the Director as this is not easy material to turn into something coherent. However, the final cut is very well crafted and ties together at a nice pace, unravelling itself to reveal more and more depth and meaning. Very impressive lead performances from Jim Carey in a career best performance and Kate Winslet who are more than ably complemented by the supporting cast.
January 6, 2018
An amazing Movie of real love - the love we encounter in our daily lifes. It's no heroes, no villains, no one saves the day - It is the story of relationships and the cold truth that there are no easy solutions to complex problems.
January 5, 2018
My absolute favorite movie of all time. My words can not do this film justice, please just watch it.
January 4, 2018
This is my 2nd favorite movie of all time and for me, that says a lot. This movie has so much heart and feels that I have actually finished it and started it all over again. I cant write a review to give this film justice. If you have never seen it, pleas give this film a chance. It will stay with you forever.
½ January 3, 2018
Celebrating both the mind and the irrationality of love, a daring script and a dazzling direction make Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind an experience of a film, with Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet showcasing their talents on both the drama and the comedy to bring to life one of the greatest romantic films ever to come to the silver screen.
December 6, 2017
(5/5/). This is easily the best film of 2004 for me. I love the drama, the characters are so richly written, and although the film feels like a dream and is technically science fiction, it hits home. Oh and if you didn't think Jim Carrey was a good dramatic actor, this movie ought to prove you wrong.
December 3, 2017
I really loved this movie. Always gives emotions when i think back about the movie.
November 6, 2017
****
I can safely say, without a doubt, that 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' is a wholly original film. Whether you like it or not, there's absolutely no debating that - there's truly nothing out there (that I've seen) like it. Is it perfect? No, no not quite. It runs a bit too long in places and the pacing jumps about more frequently than it should, but none of that stops it from being the heartfelt experience that it is. Excellent performances from the unlikely duo of Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet fuel the tension onscreen, and a great supporting cast is also present. Not for everyone by any means, nor perfect - but an experience like no other, that's for sure.
½ November 5, 2017
I enjoyed this film really buying in to the relationship between the main characters. I thought Kate Winslet was amazing. At times I found the movement between the memories confusing and may be a second watch is needed to get to all the nuances.
October 22, 2017
Couldn't fault this film if i tried, beautifully shot, each scene carefully thought through and compliments the storyline perfectly. Despite what some say, did not find this confusing and everything was explained and thought through in the end. One to make you think, certainly kept me captivated. In no area did this film fail me.
September 22, 2017
This beautiful, complex, twisting, story is a real masterpiece. Anyone who is in love, or who has ever loved and lost will identify with it and it may change the way you think about memory and how you reflect on past moments.
September 19, 2017
Innovative, real take on relationships, overall a powerful film
September 3, 2017
Jim Carrey's best performance, shows that he can do more than just comedy. Awesome characters and plot, overall just plain awesome sauce.
½ September 2, 2017
Some beautiful shots for a great concept. I would have liked to see the ratio of past/present/future a bit different... despite being the whole idea of the film, I was not much in favour of past memories taking up the vast majority.
August 17, 2017
Really came around in the end.
August 15, 2017
Incredible, hard to follow but once you get it, it's incredible
August 10, 2017
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is the best Romance film I've ever seen. It's also one of the most depressing films I've even seen (like in the top 10). The film centers around a man having all his memories of his ex erased so he can live without the pain of heartbreak. Charlie Kaufman has proven to me once again that he is one of the greatest screenwriters in cinematic history. Every little detail of this world he created is just so thought-out, so surreal, and so complex. He knows where to hits the right notes at the right time. It's a shame that Charlie didn't get the direct this piece, but maybe there was a good reason he didn't. I was surprised to see Jim Carry pull off a non-comedic lead role in such a compelling way. This is definitely his best role in his entire career of acting, and he definitely deserved that Oscar he won for this role. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is a film I will never forget and is worth analyzing. I cannot wait to watch the rest of Charlie Kaufman's films.
August 10, 2017
it's twisted... a different kind of twisted.... it's interesting and has you confused but makes sense in the end. it's wild. unexpecting.