Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Reviews

August 17, 2017
Really came around in the end.
August 15, 2017
Incredible, hard to follow but once you get it, it's incredible
August 10, 2017
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is the best Romance film I've ever seen. It's also one of the most depressing films I've even seen (like in the top 10). The film centers around a man having all his memories of his ex erased so he can live without the pain of heartbreak. Charlie Kaufman has proven to me once again that he is one of the greatest screenwriters in cinematic history. Every little detail of this world he created is just so thought-out, so surreal, and so complex. He knows where to hits the right notes at the right time. It's a shame that Charlie didn't get the direct this piece, but maybe there was a good reason he didn't. I was surprised to see Jim Carry pull off a non-comedic lead role in such a compelling way. This is definitely his best role in his entire career of acting, and he definitely deserved that Oscar he won for this role. Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind is a film I will never forget and is worth analyzing. I cannot wait to watch the rest of Charlie Kaufman's films.
August 10, 2017
it's twisted... a different kind of twisted.... it's interesting and has you confused but makes sense in the end. it's wild. unexpecting.
½ July 10, 2017
A very smart and unique movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a very beautiful movie even if it is very boring.
July 6, 2017
7-3-2017

Original rating: 7-14-2008 (10/10)
June 30, 2017
Other than Truman Show, my favorite Jim Carrey film. Probably because his performance was so not like Jim Carrey. Original idea, wonderful casting (I luv Kate), and creative screenplay concepts make this a major winner in my eyes.
June 18, 2017
Denso, complexo e comovente. Os filmes de amor costumam ser básicos mas o prodigioso roteiro de Charlie Kaufman choca os espectadores com um trama engenhosa, original e perturbadora.
Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind é tudo aquilo que você nunca viu e parte do que não podemos imaginar, a direção de Michel Gondry manobra bem a narrativa confusa, extrai um nível alto de atuações e o resultado é um romance inesquecível.
June 17, 2017
Interesting movie. Original concept. Creative movie. Smart one too. Movie felt boring at times, but overall it is for sure a different movie
June 13, 2017
After a painful breakup, Clementine (Kate Winslet) undergoes a procedure to erase memories of her former boyfriend Joel (Jim Carrey) from her mind. When Joel discovers that Clementine is going to extremes to forget their relationship, he undergoes the same procedure and slowly begins to forget the woman that he loved.
June 9, 2017
Kate Kate Kate..Shes the best actress ever!!!Her performance in this film was just brilliant
June 8, 2017
Fab fab fab. Its a great movie, its a fantastic idea. I recommend you wathc it more than once because earlier things in the movie make more sense when you do
May 6, 2017
One of my favourite movies of all time. Arguably Jim Carey's finest performance and in a serious role and Kate Winslet shines with character throughout. The fact that the supporting cast includes top actors such as Tom Wilkinson and the young Kirsten Dunst and Elijah Wood before their respective peaks, underscores this movie's strength.
May 3, 2017
Interesting. I guess. I don't give a shit.
April 17, 2017
"How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd..."
½ April 10, 2017
Imagine that you are in your house, and you receive a letter in the mail saying "A very close friend erased you from his memory" from this argument that Charlie Kaufman creates a script that is much more than a simple script he is a study on beauty Of loving, reciprocating, hating and forgetting, entering the human psyche Charlie does not arrive at the limit of his idea, but he exposes and discusses it, in line with great technical concepts and great performances, we have a young cult who charms everyone, talk With most, and thrills some. Charlie Kaufman's screenplay tells the story of a world where there is a company called the gap, a company that erases people from their memories so that they do not suffer. In this world there are Joel (Jim Carrey) and Clementine (Kate Winslet) A passionate couple who insist on forgetting each other, seems like a simple script, but he comes from a genius aligned with a complete simplicity that touches, from his argument Kaufman could elaborate a mega future, where several couples erase, the Consequences, etc, etc., etc. But not Kaufman simply tells the story of a couple in love. "Eternal Brightness of a Mind Without Remembrance" shows us the power of love, shows us the importance of pain, erase a person from memory and end suffering, is not evolutionary, we learn from pain, from suffering, even by erasing The memories come back to make the same mistake - As shown 2x in the film - we fall in love with the same people, because the feeling of love is beyond the comprehensible, this film is one of those that we should watch in different times of our lives that with certainty We will have completely different interpretations, it is a film that will survive the test of time, because its theme will always be and will always be a highlight because it is intrinsic to the human being, the eternal brightness of love will always shine in a mind, even if it does not know. We have many merits for Kaufman, but we can not forget Michel Gondry who can cinematically reproduce Kaufman's abstract script, with scenes that refer to Lynch, Michel uses and abuses the camera, with tight, focused plans, playing with light, blurring and Playing with the dimensionality of the screen, always maintaining a palette of blue colors, photography is the least cameleão of the film, with a beautiful and unique soundtrack, it sends all the joy of the discovery mixed with the anguish and sadness of forgetfulness, despite the Confused time line, and to constantly lose its rhythm, and even to take away the climax created in its secondary history, the film technically enchants with its resources and translations of the human psyche, mainly because it is simple and real. It seems that Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are changed, Jim making a focused and focused character and Kate making a laughable and funny character, fun, curious and cheerful, are 2 spectacular actors, Jin manages to pass an incredible dramatic charge, and Kate is gorgeous, In addition, we have a generally wonderful cast. We can conclude by saying that the film goes beyond a common cinematographic work, it appeals to the feeling, it not only appeals, it touches, it causes reflection, it is a film that we have to watch every 5 years, every stage of life, We will see how we will have different interpretations and reactions of the same, finally, we have a work that walks along the linear of the perfection.
½ April 8, 2017
Great show!! I like how it makes you think about the nature of relationships and the memories you make with a person! Would definitely recommend!
April 1, 2017
Another movie Kate Winslet carries with her amazing talent. Its a good Sci-Fi movie about a guy who goes to see a doctor to get the memories of his old girlfriend erased from his brain. Then during the process he realizes that he only wants to erase the bad memories and keep the good. I loved the script. Jim Carrey was good. But Kate was amazing.
½ March 24, 2017
Smart, imaginative and really well acted, this mindbuggling romance-comedy drama is a unforgettable motion picture, and a real journey.
March 15, 2017
Bizarre and confusing. Somewhat interesting screenplay but can't make up my mind what to the think the stories message conveys.