Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind Reviews

½ June 4, 2018
Charlie Kaufman, a creative, emotional, comedic writer just made another fantasy masterpiece again. Who in this world would think of this plot? Without doubt, it's this smart man right here, Charlie Kaufman. The concept of ERASING memories is really a fucking good plot twist. Totally changed the way of fantasy love.
½ May 29, 2018
Conceptually, "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" is an exceptionally smart movie. The film challenges the viewer to think about why bad memories sometimes should have a place in our lives. It is a unique tale of romance told in a way that is certainly unique. I do feel the movie has inconsistent pacing at times and does drag in the middle portions. However, it also has two strong lead performances and a premise that is completely original. Both Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet give great performances and feel like real people in the movie. Overall, it is a solid movie that has strong characters and is thought-provoking.
May 26, 2018
Poderia ser um drama perfeito mas ao decorrer dele surge cenas desnecessárias de comédia, quebrando o clima dramático.
May 8, 2018
So weird but good!!! Stick with it
May 5, 2018
Wow... just amazing. This on'es a masterpiece.
April 26, 2018
You need to give the entire film a chance because half way through you might give up due to the overall delusion posed by the film, however the twist towards the end comes full circle and fulfills the master storytelling the film conveys.
April 11, 2018
This movie is a delightful challenge that leaves you thinking. The story is told in a non-chronological loop in which the two main characters erase their memories to forget their slightly toxic relationship. Things and events that have become a mystery to them are a mystery to the viewer. This makes the movie very immersive. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is, furthermore, a heartfelt emotional drama about inescapable love, regret, heartache and acceptance with the profound underlying philosophical notion that forgetfulness is essential to happiness.
April 3, 2018
5 stars to the amazingly sad, funny and smart film that made cry every 5 seconds of the runtime, it's solid has a lot of true elements about problematic relationships and what matters the most, it portrays true love even if it's not "the love of your life".
March 30, 2018
Gondry's inspired execution is married beautifully with emotional nuance in perhaps Kaufman's greatest work.
March 29, 2018
Jim Carrey is an amazing actor and Charlie Kaufman did it again. This is right there with Being John Malcovich.
½ March 20, 2018
Horrible depressing movie, wish I could have that 1 hour & 48 minutes erased from my memory.
½ March 8, 2018
a heartbreaking film that takes you on an unexpected journey - very cleverly thought out with an ending that isn't one of a typical romantic happily ever after, but still satisfying.
February 27, 2018
One of the best films I've ever seen
It's emotional relatable-ness is staggering even if you've never been in a relationship
It makes an important statement about walking away from things and learning from mistakes
It has some of the most brilliant writing I've ever seen as a long time movie buff
10/10
February 19, 2018
Funny, beautiful, and thought-provoking in the main storyline but lends a bit too much screentime to Mark Ruffalo and the gang, the less interesting aspect.
½ February 14, 2018
Director Michel Gondry and writer Charlie Kaufman successfully pair in what it has become a little modern indie-classic, with all the benefits of a unique drama and a twisted-yet-gorgeously produced imaginative story, creating an original love story but managing to build feeling, intelligent storytelling, touching characters and a concept that'll became one of the many fantasies for all heartaches, not to forget an iconic Jim Carrey at his best.
February 13, 2018
My favorite movie of all time!
½ February 9, 2018
I was a bit fascinated by the idea and concept of the movie. It also has a strong cast witch I liked. Good to see Jim Carry in a serious role, because I don't think there's that many that are decent. Overall I liked it but didn't love it.
½ February 8, 2018
Like Magnolia but with a mobius strip. It's tough to follow, but (small spoiler alert) watch her hair color; it helps tie in the when. Very complex, very dense and for me very satisfying.
½ February 6, 2018
Charlie Kaufman is the greatest screenwriter of this generation, in my opinion. Together with Michel Gondry's amazing visions, this film took my #1 spot. I love the subtle special effects, hidden behind beautiful acting. Perfect!
February 2, 2018
This was an extraordinary film, wildly imaginative, wonderfully inventive, with a subtle theory that gives deep thought to the notion of love: is there a second chance with same two individuals as they meet for the first time all over again (so to speak)? Very rare are films this innovative that set the bar so high in terms of quality. I must compliment the two leads of Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet giving outstanding performances as the couple rediscovering their romantic interest in each other quite literally and figuratively, and simultaneously opting to erase their past love in nearly the same instant. The film is philosophical at its core and will leave one wondering about the "what-ifs," yet will move audiences who enjoy a great story of tragic romance.