Ethos - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ethos Reviews

September 27, 2015
World wide change is needed. This documentary does not mince words, but it has a hopeful message.
September 20, 2015
Very informative of how corrupt our nation has become. WAKE UP!! It's time to take our country back!
½ April 5, 2014
Are all these fucking positive reviews serious?!!!! This is yet another doc made solely for the purpose of fear mongering. I read on the IMDb page that it cost $500,000 to make- considering the film is cobbled together from parts of other docs, I'm wondering where the money went- to borrow footage? To get Woody Harrelson to host the doc? (Speaking of which I can't help but feel sorry for him after a while as he spouts nonsense after nonsense out) I think we should know
January 24, 2014
Interesting and hopefully false. However, conspiracy theories generally don't pop out of nowhere.
January 14, 2014
scary future if we don't do something to change things - so watch this and find what you can do!
½ November 6, 2013
a good "stop look and think " documentary.
October 2, 2013
EVERY AMERICAN should see this mind blowing film. WOODY HARRELSON shows his true courage for heading up this film. Dynamite. If everyone saw this film there would be trouble in the streets. Excellent.
October 2, 2013
May 28, 2013
A bit rambling, but it rightfully lays the blame for many of our political and environmental ills at the feet of corporations.
April 18, 2013
It has a couple of weak points in it that hurt the film's message overall (mostly on 9/11), the production quality isn't the best (though it has some neat techniques), but overall it's a really good introductory/summary of post-FED America, how it came to be, where it is headed, and what we could do about it.

Woody Harrelson is a great host, his lines are very well written, and his segments shine almost as well as the quotations shown do. I loved the way the TV monitors behind him were set up to show capitalism's ingratiation in America's pop culture. And the blinking effect used to emphasis certain parts of his monologue.

The beginning and ending were by far the strongest parts of the film, where they explained how public corporations and the FED work, and how much difference our dollars really could make.
April 11, 2013
Presenting Woody Harrelson as the voice of reason is a dubious proposition at best. ETHOS is a staccato discharge of conspiracy charges against the common person putting more wealth and power into the hands of a small number of very wealthy and extremely powerful world manipulators. It only vaguely tells us who these people are, but they seem to be the upper echelons of a corporate-government alliance. Clipped footage of great thinkers like Noam Chomsky do little to illuminate.
February 26, 2013
Keep an open mind & question everything.
February 22, 2013
Kudos to Woody Harrelson for standing up for truth and presenting the facts to the people. This is similar to other documentaries but Woody brings more credibility and charisma. Great job, keep up the good work.
January 17, 2013
A decent documentary. A little too "fear" oriented, despite how they market it.