Evan Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evan Almighty Reviews

½ February 1, 2016
This movie had potential but it turned out to be a childish religious dumpster fire.
½ November 8, 2015
An unnecessary sequel, Evan Almighty is sweeter than it is funny, but it sure looks good. Like a lazy summer day - too light and inconsequential to really get excited about, but you have to be pretty cranky to complain too loudly. A safe crowd-pleaser.
October 26, 2015
I doubt this wasn't a strong christian group making and producing this film, but I first watched it around my middle school years at a christian camp and I thought the movie was quite excellent and fun. I would consider it a fun and engaging film especially for christians and a big laugh-out-loud riot to both christians as well as non-christians. Carrel puts on a pretty good performance in this slapstick of a film and he or the film doesn't fail to entertain throughout the entire movie. I would consider this just about as good as Bruce Almighty, if not better. The entire ark set is quite phenomenal and so are much of the smartly trained animals. Even though the story might seem to run along rather quickly at some instances, I can't quite be sure why this film doesn't have that high of ratings (I'm talking to you, Rotten Tomatoes!). Just about any type of average Joe can basically get along nicely watching this film, especially if you know enough of the story of Noah's Ark. This was well made look-wise and nicely produced/directed as a whole.
½ October 15, 2015
A very unfunny and failed attempt to make a good comedy film and instead they ended up making a boring good looking movie that is not worth your time.
½ October 6, 2015
Big spectacle but small laughs.
September 4, 2015
The great cast makes this biblical mess bearable. But, be warned: the amount of failed attempts at humor in the writing of this film will have you laughing for all of the wrong reasons.
August 30, 2015
Was better then I expecting it to be. It was actually kind of funny and had a very well thoughtful message.
August 27, 2015
I enjoyed Evan Almighty for what it was, but it's hard to believe that this is an actual sequel to Bruce Almighty.
August 21, 2015
A mediocre film at that, Evan Almighty produces nothing special, with a few laughs here and there, it really fails to reproduce the comedy provided in Bruce Almighty. Although this, Steve Carell does deliver his few lines of humor that makes you laugh like hell.
August 9, 2015
Steve Carell's most dumbest work ever.
July 20, 2015
I gave this movie a C
July 3, 2015
Para pasar un buen rato
June 11, 2015
looks really good and has a great name for moive
June 3, 2015
Evan Almighty is just sad. So much effort put into a movie that isn't funny to begin with. Such a shame.
May 16, 2015
so awesome that they should have continued the theme from bruce all mighty and evan all mighty onto other movies the best entertaining way to show the bible
April 5, 2015
While having a few funny moments and Carrell trying to give it his all, the movie falls flat due to it's poor pacing, very juvenile humor, and no real wit compared to Bruce Almighty
March 25, 2015
I heard this was kinda dumb, but still looks funny.
½ March 12, 2015
Nowhere near as good as its prequel 'Bruce Almighty' which blows this one out of the water. It also serves to demonstrate just how good Jim Carrey and Morgan Freeman were in the first film.
January 28, 2015
Nowhere near as worst as other follow ups to Jim Carrey films sans Jim Carrey (Dumb and Dumberer, Son of the Mask), I was actually amused by this sequel to Bruce Almighty despite the radical change of character for the titular Evan (a smug and competitive asshole in the original, a nice and loving family in this film).
½ January 26, 2015
This is not particularly funny and it's not as creative or interesting as its predecessor. It also has some poor special effects and sub-par writing.

That said, it's not completely charmless and the cast is great.