Evel Knievel Reviews

• Nov 14, 2015

Nostalgia aside, this is little more than a promotional piece, and the seventies misogyny can't be ignored.

• Aug 26, 2013

Say what you will about the man, but he sure was popular enough to be in many types of media at the time. Evel Knieval is, more or less, a biopic on the legendary daredevil. As insane and nutty as his life was, the film tries to come close to that but doesn't really reach the heights of craziness that you would hope. There are certainly some sections in there that try, such as Knieval screaming at a nurse about getting a lead apron before taking x-rays, or when he rides around the hospital on his motorcycle, in his underwear AND with a broken leg while all of the doctors and nurses look on. The film tries to paint the the portrait of the man, but it never really comes off as all that interesting. George Hamilton does an OK job with the role, but overall, the movie just fails to intrigue viewers with any entertainment value at all.

• Jul 05, 2011

When I was a kid I used w/ play w/ a neighbor kid who used to have to Evel Knievel stunt cycle & we used to try to make this action figure do some insain stunts that would have surely broke every bone in Knievel's body (just like to real Evel). Good fucking times. Evel Knievel was a 70s fixure & as a impressionable youth I even thought of becoming a stunt man myself doing jumps on my bike. Of course I outgrew it but I can't deny Evel's influence on pop culture. This little film is no great shakes but to a veiwer who fondly remembers the crazy ass daredevil stunts it may hold interest. George Hamilton is fine in the role & thankfully isn't tanned like a cocoa bean.

• Jun 21, 2011

How I loved this flick as a kid. I adore George Hamilton & due to his terrible acting I think hes always funny in any role he plays lol.

• Dec 22, 2010

I remember watching this on tv in the 70s when I was a kid - 4 stars for the memories!

• Dec 29, 2009

It is only the performance of the charismatic George Hamilton that makes this watchable. Even the actual footage of Knievel is too poor to be of any substantial merit. The portrayal of Knievel's criminal activities and antisocial behaviour as boyish whimsy is a bit hard to swallow, and the score/music is nothing short of excruciating. But it does have its moments.

• Pamela D Super Reviewer
    Feb 01, 2009

Perpetually tanned George Hamilton is sexy and funny in this sardonic, wry portrayal of the famous stunt biker's cult mystique. The semi-fictionalized character study traces a chain of bizarre episodes, characters and hi-jinks from Knievel's boyhood in Butte to his teenage burglaries, jumping career, spectacular crashes, and finally to his quest to jump the Grand Canyon. (When the National Park Service turned him down, he had to settle for the now controversial Snake River Jump.) This is one of those really offbeat, unusual 1970's dramas, the kind of arty film that isn't made anymore. Hard to find, but uniquely entertaining and worth the watch if you can.

• Sep 15, 2008

I real shit sandwich of a movie. George Hamilton must have a cock like a jack hammer to have gotten in the movies as his acting is the worst I've ever seen. EVER SEEN. On top of that, every other aspect of it, from direction to soundtrack sucks ass to. AVOID! VIVA KNIEVEL gets 2 stars, as it's like a TV movie, but Evel plays himself and is 1000X better then George Hamilton.

• Jul 31, 2008

the first part tells a lot bout what people should live by in da beging

the first part tells a lot bout what people should live by in da beging

• Jul 15, 2008

I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS FILM WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT....LOL.

I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS FILM WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT....LOL.