Evening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evening Reviews

March 17, 2016
A good self discovery movie with an all star cast. I shead a few tears. I think Claire Dane did batter her eye lids a bit too much in this film.
February 27, 2016
WOW.....WOW....SUCH AN ENJOYABLE MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH SUCH A FANTASTIC CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A FANTASTIC MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH SUCH A BRILLIANT CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....... ITS GOT SUCH A FANTASTIC SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A BRILLIANT CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........
February 6, 2016
Ihana, mutta vähän pitkäveteinen tarina. Hyvät näyttelijät, kannatti katsoa. ^_^
½ October 6, 2015
Looks good but boy is this a dull,boring sludge till the end.
½ June 28, 2015
for all you girls who ever wanted a do-over
½ May 3, 2015
Evening is a decent film. It is about exploring the romantic past and emotional present of Ann Grant and her daughters, Constance and Nina. Vanessa Redgrave and Claire Danes give good performances. The screenplay is a little slow in places. Lajos Koltai did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the drama and romance.
February 7, 2015
just knowing that michael cunningham wrote this piece, casting maryl streep, toni collett, and glen close, i just know it will be profound and emotionally deepening to the core!
½ June 30, 2014
It is as mentioned, a dull film but putting that aside, it is picturesque with a beautiful story and cast.
½ March 31, 2014
An unfocused mess with a brillant cast whose talents are wasted with melodramatics.
March 24, 2014
The strong cast and beautiful direction unfolds a story about women and the choices they make. This is a very sensitive film toward its personal and revealing subject.
½ November 24, 2013
Powerful drama with a stellar cast.
½ September 30, 2013
A interesting tale of love & life!
August 20, 2013
I love The Hours (the same author of Evening) and I am looking forward to seeing this!
½ August 15, 2013
A curious way to spend an, err, evening, but it just about keeps your interest to the very end.
½ August 13, 2013
I am not sure what I expected from this movie, but it wasn't really this. Vanessa Redgrave is really good as a dying woman who is remembering a significant and poignant time in her life and is trying to tell her daughters [who are rather selfish and self-absorbed] about it as she drifts in and out of consciousness.
Claire Danes is really great here as is Vanessa Redgrave and Natasha Richardson [real-life mother and daughter]. But they are not given much to work with and the plot and lines are pretty weak in parts and you feel like they are struggling to fill in those parts.
August 6, 2013
The effort to streamline this dreamy narrative somehow strips the film that is full of interesting relationships of its power, depth and beauty. (I don't even get what is so attractive about Harris apart from the fact that he is so good-looking.) But there are lots of great moments in it, thanks to the wonderful performances, and the softie in me did shed a few tears. Plus, it's a pleasure to see Claire Danes and Hugh Dancy on screen together.
July 23, 2013
Great movie, right when you think ahead in this movie the whole movie changes course and not what you expected happens! Amazing story line to it, this movie had me crying and then laughing! Awesome!!!
June 1, 2013
It was ok..watched it because I like the actors. It could have been much more interesting as a story of regret, instead the dying mother's part was over the top and there was no finality for me in the story.
May 1, 2013
Good Cast, the story telling was ok, overall just really depressing