Evening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evening Reviews

April 27, 2013
Forgettable movie... Great performance, but such a weak story. Too bad, since I love all the main actors.
½ April 26, 2013
Such a shame given the writer and the cast.
April 24, 2013
not a bad movie! slow on action but full of feelings of life that is ending and adventures that have happened in it
April 17, 2013
Kind of boring and watchable at the same time.
April 14, 2013
possibly the longest two hours I've ever spent
½ April 9, 2013
When you look back at the end of your life, what do you feel? Who do you remember? What do you regret?
April 8, 2013
It seems that only people who saw dying their own mother could engage with the main characters, as I was skewered by any words from Vanessa Redgrave,.....
April 5, 2013
the acting was really good and the story line was mostly original.
April 3, 2013
A story about life's lessons of regret, loss, and love. A powerful, moving drama. The one love she never forgets......We all seem to think that there will be plenty of chances throughout our life, and then we let something get away that haunts us until the end. The what-ifs of memories. We always have a choice.......
½ April 1, 2013
ho perso due ore della mia vita che potevo passare svolgendo attivitą pił piacevoli, tipo piantarmi chiodi nelle tempie
March 28, 2013
a woman stuck in her past..even after 50 years..
SarahTheMovieLover
March 9, 2013
Full review to come later (maybe)...

What did this movie teach me? I am totally justified in loving Hugh Dancy.
February 22, 2013
Just goes to show you that having almost every major actress in a film can't save it from a crappy story. I'm sure the book is better...I won't be reading any time soon, though.
½ February 6, 2013
I don't understand why people build something up in their heads then complain because a film didn't meet their expectations. The best way to view a film is to have no expectations, and watch the movie for what it is, not who is in it, what hype surrounds it, or how it is marketed. That said, when I saw the trailer I was interested in this film and was not disappointed when watching it.

Yes it has a slow pace, so what, the film is slow and beautiful, meaningful and almost melancholic in tone. Looking at relationships, questions of fulfillment in life and whether right decisions were made along the way; this is a film to make you think about how you view the world and people's lives, and ultimately it makes you realise that there are no mistakes in life.

I thought the ensemble cast was wonderful, to me there wasn't a weak performance among them, no matter how big or small their role was each actor personified their character beautifully. The film is also a visual treat, with the 1950s portion of the film set around a cliff top house with surrounding forest it is stunning.

I found the story interesting and complex, and loved the shift between the present and the past. The direction of these changing sequences was done beautifully and almost flawlessly. My only problem with films that use this technique is that sometimes I am enjoying a certain period of the film more than the other, however in this case both stories were as captivating as the other. The mother on her deathbed having hallucinations, alongside her two daughters dealing with their own issues in life (Toni Collete's performance is especially touching, and her character's story is equally as interesting as her mother's) is just as intriguing and entertaining to watch as the young Ann's story about that fateful time in her life, her best friend's wedding, that would ultimately shape her character for the rest of her life.

A beautiful movie with some solid performances, highly enjoyable.
January 28, 2013
It was touching. Tearful. Totally a chick flick. Definately
go!
January 13, 2013
voldoet totaal niet aan de verwachtingen met zo'n cast.
½ January 13, 2013
LOVELY...AMAZING CAST...
½ January 11, 2013
Interesting drama...story. I really enjoyed this movie although it can be confusing if you don't pay close attention.
December 15, 2012
Good movie. I really enjoyed it.