An Evening with Robin Williams Reviews

• Mar 19, 2015

If you like Robin Williams, than you will most likely like his stand up specials.

• Dec 22, 2014

Excellent stand up! Had a lot of laughs :D Since this is from 1982, most of the jokes were aimed at the culture and politics from that time, so I didn't quite understand all of the jokes, but Robin Williams' impressions and his acting was something really special. It is a must see for comedy fans and those alike. RIP Robin Williams

• Oct 21, 2013

One of the better Robin Williams live stand-up movies. San Francisco, 1982. Williams is in top-form here, the jokes coming thick and fast. As most of his act is improvised, he pretty much goes where his mind takes him. Most of the time it works, but sometimes he goes up blind alleys. Quite hilarious, nevertheless.

• Dec 22, 2010

Robin Williams' first stand-up DVD from 1982 - before he became too famous! It's interesting to see him still developing his material & characters that he would later totally own & be in control of. Not too many hysterical moments, but plenty to enjoy.

• Oct 06, 2009

OMG, my stomach ached and face hurt from laughing!!

OMG, my stomach ached and face hurt from laughing!!

• Jun 02, 2009

I was laughing so hard that I had to replay the DVD 4 times.

I was laughing so hard that I had to replay the DVD 4 times.

• Feb 26, 2009

Williams is full of energy...and hair. He has to be one of the greatest stand up comedians ever. Also one of the dirtiest.

• Aug 28, 2008

Hilariously funny stand-up, featuring one of the best comedians out there. Robin Williams is a master of his craft and it is a honor to watch him way back in 1982, plying his craft as only he can!

• Aug 11, 2008

Definitely not Williams' best stand-up session. Of course he's hilarious as always, but his humor and jokes in this one are rather unrelated, repetitive and all over the place. I love how connected he is with his crowd and it is rather obvious that he is amazing with impromptu lines. Some moments are side-splitting, but overall, I wasn't highly impressed. I laughed, but not more than I had in other of his stand-ups.

• Apr 20, 2008

Worry about anyone who can watch this without falling out of their chair, laugh so hard the either spit while laughing or even wet their pants. He's unglued at his best.