Ever After: A Cinderella Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

June 16, 2015
While at times a bit slow, Ever After offers a refreshing and more realistic take on a classic fairy tale.
½ June 14, 2015
This was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Bad plot, bad characters, ok, acting. I want my 2 hours back.
May 28, 2015
The best Cinderella story I have ever seen!
May 24, 2015
This movie really is like Cinderella!
May 23, 2015
IT *IS* THE PERFECT CINDERELLA STORY!!
½ May 14, 2015
Finally Barrymore shows some chops in this fine twist on the classic story.
April 13, 2015
Interesting but slow moving version of the Cinderella story. Worth a look given the cast and the script.
April 8, 2015
Miss this film. Will re-watch it come weekend.
March 15, 2015
My favorite Cinderella movie!
March 15, 2015
Ever After is the best Cinderella story (apart from Disney's 1950 animated, and 2015 live-action, Cinderella films).
½ February 21, 2015
It was here and there, but mostly here incidentally.
½ February 7, 2015
This is an excellent take on the Cinderella story.
January 29, 2015
Drew Barrymore is great even though the story is pretty familiar. Full review later.
January 20, 2015
All fairy tales push a lesson, a.k.a. an agenda. This one, at least, has a lesson I don't have to worry about kids taking to heart.
January 4, 2015
Beautiful and underrated (except here on RT!). They don't make films like this anymore.
January 2, 2015
One of my favourite movies­~
December 21, 2014
There is not a movie in existence that I have seen more. Childhood to adulthood, this is profoundly the best background movie there will ever be.
October 21, 2014
One of my favourite favourites!
October 17, 2014
Love this movie! Seen it several times.
September 28, 2014
Well after years of having it on my wish list I finally got the chance to watch this film. First of all I will salute the tremendous efforts the production managed to pull by shooting the entire film in real locations instead of recreating everything in a studio and throw CGI all the way like most modern films do. Set in France the film has some of the most amazing castle and landscapes giving the film a gorgeous cinematography and a an authenticity that I really enjoyed. Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott are a charming couple that really has alchemy and magic on screen. Huston provides a nuanced evil stepmother who is incapable of loving Danielle due to jealousy and some ego issues. Most of the film is actually very pleasant and manages to entertain without being too corny or cheaply romantic. Here things ring true and the director really manages to steer the film in a very interesting direction. It's not the film of the millennium but I'm glad I saw it because it's an old school caper rather than a romantic comedy and felt really great to watch.