Ever After: A Cinderella Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

½ May 14, 2015
Finally Barrymore shows some chops in this fine twist on the classic story.
April 13, 2015
Interesting but slow moving version of the Cinderella story. Worth a look given the cast and the script.
April 8, 2015
Miss this film. Will re-watch it come weekend.
March 15, 2015
My favorite Cinderella movie!
March 15, 2015
Ever After is the best Cinderella story (apart from Disney's 1950 animated, and 2015 live-action, Cinderella films).
½ February 21, 2015
It was here and there, but mostly here incidentally.
½ February 7, 2015
This is an excellent take on the Cinderella story.
January 29, 2015
Drew Barrymore is great even though the story is pretty familiar. Full review later.
January 20, 2015
All fairy tales push a lesson, a.k.a. an agenda. This one, at least, has a lesson I don't have to worry about kids taking to heart.
January 4, 2015
Beautiful and underrated (except here on RT!). They don't make films like this anymore.
January 2, 2015
One of my favourite moviesð~
December 21, 2014
There is not a movie in existence that I have seen more. Childhood to adulthood, this is profoundly the best background movie there will ever be.
October 21, 2014
One of my favourite favourites!
October 17, 2014
Love this movie! Seen it several times.
September 28, 2014
Well after years of having it on my wish list I finally got the chance to watch this film. First of all I will salute the tremendous efforts the production managed to pull by shooting the entire film in real locations instead of recreating everything in a studio and throw CGI all the way like most modern films do. Set in France the film has some of the most amazing castle and landscapes giving the film a gorgeous cinematography and a an authenticity that I really enjoyed. Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott are a charming couple that really has alchemy and magic on screen. Huston provides a nuanced evil stepmother who is incapable of loving Danielle due to jealousy and some ego issues. Most of the film is actually very pleasant and manages to entertain without being too corny or cheaply romantic. Here things ring true and the director really manages to steer the film in a very interesting direction. It's not the film of the millennium but I'm glad I saw it because it's an old school caper rather than a romantic comedy and felt really great to watch.
½ September 22, 2014
I shouldn't have enjoyed this as much as I did but Drew has a charisma that few actresses have and even with the silly story she is able to carry the film with just her presence.
½ September 17, 2014
I didn't really see anything amazing about this movie, but there was nothing noticeably horrible about it either. A classic story, well acted, good scenery, and a few surprises. I wouldn't be against watching it again.
September 14, 2014
It is an light movie to watch. Catches your attention with a sweet-sweet love story. If you get the time and looking for a happy ending romance, this is spot on. Very family friendly as well.
August 10, 2014
Magical! Pursuing! Determination! True Love! What else can I say. I watch all sort of movies but this one hmmmm....it the best favorite movies I've watched of all times.
July 24, 2014
Drew is great, but the role of "wicked step-mother" was made for Anjelica Huston. Lovely film with interesting quirks within.