Ever After: A Cinderella Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

July 12, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies, if not my favorite! Love the casting and the how the classic tale is redefined. The addition of Leonardo DaVinci is brilliant. A true must see!
½ July 4, 2014
I want to like this because I've loved Drew Barrymore since the ET days when we were kids. But just can't get into the 16th century fable prince servant French accent fairy tale mumbo jumbo. If you like all of that, then you'll like this movie.
June 29, 2014
Everything that Cinderella story wasnâ??t. It changed the time of Cinderella and made a strong movie with a wonderful cast.
June 26, 2014
I have a huge soft spot for this version of Cinderella. Extremely well acted by everywhere. Funny one liners and just has a great atmosphere and feel to it. It feels realistic without being too serious and weighed down. Obviously, there's a lot of liberties taken when it comes to "reality," but it works well.
June 25, 2014
Reaffirming Tennant's once great talent as a filmmaker, 'Ever After' is a sweet yet spunky twist on the iconic fairytale. Barrymore's energetic yet also mature approach forms a huge part, as does the Renaissance painting-esque colour palette and a moving, heartwarming score by George Fenton.
June 17, 2014
Why did I cry in the first place? :-)
June 16, 2014
Charming and realistic adaptation. Drew Barrymore is great in this one.
June 9, 2014
I've always liked this movie.
May 16, 2014
Love Drew Berrymoore's STRONG character
May 11, 2014
They've made a few tweaks to the standard story: no magic, and the Prince gets to know Cinderella before the ball so that their love is based on personality rather than a single dance. It's also unusual amongst rom-coms by having a male friend (equivalent to Buttons) who supports her new romance rather than being the person who she's supposed to be with. That said, the basic structure is still familiar, so you know how it's going to end, and there isn't much going on with the supporting cast to liven it up.
½ April 15, 2014
it was great, but i wish it had "more" of that "thing" that is missing
April 11, 2014
LOOOOOOVED this movie! It's a classic. LOVE Drew Barrymore! I love the entire Cinderella plot, so this movie was great. I really love how they wrote the entire movie. It was just great.
March 30, 2014
Love the take on the classic
March 22, 2014
My all time favourite movie! Seen soo many times and never get sick of it :D
March 6, 2014
A solid take on the Cinderella story with a fun, sexy cast and an endearing story!
February 27, 2014
My daughter and I love this movie. It is one of our very favorites.
February 16, 2014
Definitely one of the best period rom-coms I've ever seen. I've never been a fan of romance in movies, but this one is worth it.
½ February 10, 2014
A lovely reworking of the Cinderella story with Drew Barrymore playing a more 'modern' role model. I would allow my daughter to watch this movie.....if I had one....
January 31, 2014
in a real situation, the prince would be dishonored and exiled from his kingdom.
January 30, 2014
I fell in love with this movie! I can't get enough. the cast is a magnificent blend. I
can watch it almost weekly!