Ever After: A Cinderella Story - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ever After: A Cinderella Story Reviews

October 17, 2014
Love this movie! Seen it several times.
September 28, 2014
Well after years of having it on my wish list I finally got the chance to watch this film. First of all I will salute the tremendous efforts the production managed to pull by shooting the entire film in real locations instead of recreating everything in a studio and throw CGI all the way like most modern films do. Set in France the film has some of the most amazing castle and landscapes giving the film a gorgeous cinematography and a an authenticity that I really enjoyed. Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott are a charming couple that really has alchemy and magic on screen. Huston provides a nuanced evil stepmother who is incapable of loving Danielle due to jealousy and some ego issues. Most of the film is actually very pleasant and manages to entertain without being too corny or cheaply romantic. Here things ring true and the director really manages to steer the film in a very interesting direction. It's not the film of the millennium but I'm glad I saw it because it's an old school caper rather than a romantic comedy and felt really great to watch.
½ September 22, 2014
I shouldn't have enjoyed this as much as I did but Drew has a charisma that few actresses have and even with the silly story she is able to carry the film with just her presence.
½ September 17, 2014
I didn't really see anything amazing about this movie, but there was nothing noticeably horrible about it either. A classic story, well acted, good scenery, and a few surprises. I wouldn't be against watching it again.
September 14, 2014
It is an light movie to watch. Catches your attention with a sweet-sweet love story. If you get the time and looking for a happy ending romance, this is spot on. Very family friendly as well.
August 10, 2014
Magical! Pursuing! Determination! True Love! What else can I say. I watch all sort of movies but this one hmmmm....it the best favorite movies I've watched of all times.
July 24, 2014
Drew is great, but the role of "wicked step-mother" was made for Anjelica Huston. Lovely film with interesting quirks within.
July 22, 2014
Love this take on Cinderella. Barrymoore plays a witty passionate girl and wins not only the heart of the prince but everyone watching.
July 12, 2014
This show is very well done in my personal opinion. Story well told and the characters and actors did a great job. This is probably my favorite chick flick.
July 12, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies, if not my favorite! Love the casting and the how the classic tale is redefined. The addition of Leonardo DaVinci is brilliant. A true must see!
½ July 4, 2014
I want to like this because I've loved Drew Barrymore since the ET days when we were kids. But just can't get into the 16th century fable prince servant French accent fairy tale mumbo jumbo. If you like all of that, then you'll like this movie.
June 29, 2014
Everything that Cinderella story wasnâ??t. It changed the time of Cinderella and made a strong movie with a wonderful cast.
June 26, 2014
I have a huge soft spot for this version of Cinderella. Extremely well acted by everywhere. Funny one liners and just has a great atmosphere and feel to it. It feels realistic without being too serious and weighed down. Obviously, there's a lot of liberties taken when it comes to "reality," but it works well.
June 25, 2014
Reaffirming Tennant's once great talent as a filmmaker, 'Ever After' is a sweet yet spunky twist on the iconic fairytale. Barrymore's energetic yet also mature approach forms a huge part, as does the Renaissance painting-esque colour palette and a moving, heartwarming score by George Fenton.
June 17, 2014
Why did I cry in the first place? :-)
June 16, 2014
Charming and realistic adaptation. Drew Barrymore is great in this one.
June 9, 2014
I've always liked this movie.
May 16, 2014
Love Drew Berrymoore's STRONG character
May 11, 2014
They've made a few tweaks to the standard story: no magic, and the Prince gets to know Cinderella before the ball so that their love is based on personality rather than a single dance. It's also unusual amongst rom-coms by having a male friend (equivalent to Buttons) who supports her new romance rather than being the person who she's supposed to be with. That said, the basic structure is still familiar, so you know how it's going to end, and there isn't much going on with the supporting cast to liven it up.
½ April 15, 2014
it was great, but i wish it had "more" of that "thing" that is missing