Every Girl Should Be Married - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Every Girl Should Be Married Reviews

July 30, 2008
so adorable to think they married after this film
½ July 23, 2008
My daughter would like to know if there are any old movies with *smart* women in them.
July 21, 2008
Okay, so the ONLY good part about this movie was the fact that Cary Grant was in it.
July 4, 2008
Betsy Drake wants to get married, she meets handsome Dr. Brown (Cary Grant) and decides that she wants to get married to him. Betsy begins to stalk Dr. Brown in a delightful manner but he wants to stay a bachelor. Betsy can be a bit creepy sometimes but she's a cutie.
Trivia: She later married Cary Grant and they did LSD together.
½ July 2, 2008
"I'd like to accommodate you Miss Sims but actually I'm in another line of work."
July 2, 2008
This is the best movie ever. If you like this one, you might also like Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
½ July 1, 2008
cute but definitely outdated! she'd be a stalker now days and this would be a horror film not a delightful comedy. But still delivers some clever lines.
July 1, 2008
I thought Diana Lynn's character was a bit creepy especially towards the middle. Somehow though I came around...
June 9, 2008
not my favorite cary grant film. diana lynn comes off as crazy in her persistence but the audience is supposed to laugh it off.
June 2, 2008
~~~CARY GRANT~~~

~~THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW!!~~~
½ January 20, 2008
Talk about an annoying character. Woman falls for Cary Grant (surprise) then goes out of her way to trap him any way she can. All this woman wants is handsome Grant, a beautiful house and a bunch of kids -- so she stalks Grant. A) She's not attractive B) in 2008 (or 1948 for that matter) the stunts she pulls off should have landed her in jail and C) the jabs at bachelors are simply insulting.

Luckily the film doesn't totally fail in that Grant is never suckered by the schemes. This is the first romance movie where I was hoping the would be lovers didn't get together. I would pity any man stuck with this woman...and let's face it...the idea that women need to help men growing up by domesticating them is plain insulting. Look around and see how many unhappy married men there are!
½ January 14, 2008
I can watch this over and over
January 4, 2008
Hysterical! Love it so much! She did marry him (Cary Grant)
½ December 20, 2007
By today's standards, this plot is outdated, sexist, and kind of creepy. But if I had seen this in 1948, it would probably be my favorite movie.
½ December 18, 2007
Hmmm...entertaining, but the obsession of Betsy Drake's character was more scary than charming. I kept thinking the girl should seriously see a psychiatrist, that Cary Grant should call the police to report a stalker, and that he would do well to steer very clear of her.
½ December 17, 2007
Completely weird film that's too creepy to be screwball. A proto-Fatal Attraction with the always awesome Cary Grant.
December 17, 2007
Betsy Drake's melodrama is possibly the most endearing and wonderful thing in this movie...that and a slight feeling of villainy from Cary Grant. Absolutely lovable.
December 17, 2007
Lovable romantic airhead schemes to catch a handsome doctor.
½ December 17, 2007
Could Betsy Drake have been Audrey Hepburn? They seem two birds of a feather, but you can see why the latter won the hearts of Hollywood while the former didn't. Betsy Drake is weird - she has a strange, deep, nasal voice, and she pursues the most psychotic subterfuge in an attempt to "land" Cary. Because the game is rigged, the ladies must play dirty. Funny and thought-provoking power games in an otherwise workaday romantic comedy.
December 16, 2007
I love this movie. Still cant find it on dvd