Every Which Way But Loose Reviews

• Apr 16, 2021

Ruth Gordon as "Ma" is the absolute highlight of the film. I only wish she was given more screen time because every moment is comedy gold. Unfortunately, the rest of the film, other than a few select scenes, isn't that great after a recent rewatch. However, I'll always have a nostalgic soft-spot for Clyde the orangutan.

• Nov 01, 2020

Great nostalgia, enjoyed watching more 40 years after than 40 days after it was originally released?

• Aug 21, 2020

Mostly forgettable and haphazard movie that's incredibly dated. So dated it's from back when Topanga Canyon stretch was mostly farmland. It has some funny moments but nothing grabs your attention.

• Aug 15, 2020

This sorta has the vibe of a buddy-cop movie, but with an orangutan as the buddy and Clint as a underground fighter instead of a cop. Mildly amusing, I just find it hard to believe he went from The Outlaw Josey Wales, one of the best Westerns ever, to this. I mean it's not a bad movie, just random as hell really.

• Mar 08, 2020

This movie is funny, entertaining and light. Plus the theme song is great!

This movie is funny, entertaining and light. Plus the theme song is great!

• Feb 08, 2020

Every Which Way but Loose is an okay film. It is about the adventures of trucker turned prize-fighter Philo Beddoe and his pet orangutan Clyde. Clint Eastwood and Sondra Locke give decent performances. The script is a little slow. James Fargo did an alright job directing this movie. I liked this motion picture because of the action and humor

• Jan 28, 2020

Clyde the Orangutan is the real star of this show. Some moments of laughter and pretty decent street fight scenes but a silly plot and poor dialogue make this a forgettable ride.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 04, 2019

Eastwood as a good ol' boy, bare-knuckle fighter who falls for a aspiring honky tonk singer (Sondra Locke). While seemingly amiable on the surface the work is fraught with interior tension, brooding hate and mistrust, that is Middle America. Interesting. Eastwood's only friend is an orangutan.

• Jun 19, 2019

Even in comedy Clint Eastwood still pulls through

Even in comedy Clint Eastwood still pulls through

• Feb 01, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!