Everybody Loves Somebody - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everybody Loves Somebody Reviews

August 4, 2017
the movie is for American viewers as well as the Latino ones to get the same idea of modern love and how it's meant to be viewed
a large cast of unknowns make for very likeable characters next to the three leads
Clara had true love once but when it ended it broke her and shifted her opinion on the whole idea; people just set themselves up for failure, there's no way of knowing if it will work out, and other people whom are happy set a very tough example to follow
when she needs a date for her mother's wedding she invites fellow doctor Ashe who seems genuinely nice and interested in her even though he's just for show
on top of that her ex, Daniel crashes the ceremony hoping to rekindle some of that spark they felt like they gave up too soon on
there's plenty of debates and discussions on happiness, true love etc.
we're not always expecting things the way we imagine them to be, your own life can outlive you, and it's true that love isn't supposed to be simple, it can be easy if you let it
Clara now has to choose between two important people in her life whether to settle or actually have something real
sure she has some frustrating qualities she takes out on others but she slowly starts to understand that she cant control how her view of love is the only one that matters
the film has amazing scenery, terrific lighting, realistic people, and a reason to analyze what really makes us happy as people
the runtime seems longer than it should but it gets the job done adding some new stuff to a genre this familiar
½ July 29, 2017
This was a lovely exploration of the various ways we try to understand love.
July 12, 2017
This movie lost me and then won me again.Unique take on the rom-com. So brilliant.
July 10, 2017
This movie lacked depth - the plot line was obvious and the characters, aside from one, were not interesting. The acting was also lacking. Not a good movie.
½ June 27, 2017
This was a perfectly lovely independent movie for me to watch tonight. I didn't know any of the actors, but they were all excellent, working with a decent script and interesting plot (Mexican American OBGYN needs to decide between her old boyfriend who her family adores and new non-Latino man in her life.) The film is in both English and Spanish which was a treat as well. What a breath of fresh air, after having seen a bunch of mediocre crap lately (or superhero movies....I'm done!) Another Spanish language independent film worth watching (on Delta) is "Una Noche de Amor" from Argentina. I loved it.
½ June 27, 2017
Overall I loved this movie, but it felt rushed in ways. Her epiphany seemed to happen suddenly and went almost unnoticed except for the fact that they say she had one. Also, Asher? Way to full of himself if you ask me. But good story for the most part.
June 26, 2017
Really good, simple movie, great performances from everyone in the cast, the script is just well made, never gets too mellow, the chemistry among the family shows up, the production seems spotless, it reflects also a reality for some families in the north of Mexico and their relationship with the border.
It let's you go in peace, with no extra drama, a good film.
March 24, 2017
Good, funny, worth the watch
March 4, 2017
Personally I think it was a short film that got to the point of moving on and when you've realized that it's time to do so.
½ March 4, 2017
A well-told form-over-substance embellished-but-plain story that might not stick to your memory but will leave you with a smile.
March 1, 2017
At first this film makes you angry about what' decisions the main character makes, but at the end of the day it was such a good Latino film that has so much important messages in. Karla was such a spectular to watch!
February 23, 2017
Wonderful! Heart warming and true lessons about love.
You must learn to fall in love again and again with your partner. A true Gem. Love the bilingual script!
February 22, 2017
A surprisingly wonderful, perfect romantic-comedy with way more romance than comedy.
½ February 21, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie! Made me forget about everything! Light, funny and a bit outside of the traditional romance comedies out there. Very relatable for most but especially for Hispanic families.
February 19, 2017
Not your regular rom/com! Beautifully written and executed by actors. Not to mention the scenic shots were outstanding!
February 19, 2017
Great movie! Karla Sousa is the best actress ever.
February 19, 2017
Excellent flick. Very funny and enjoyable!
February 19, 2017
Sexy, smart and bilingual. This romantic-comedy entertains on many levels, with a great performance by Karla Souza.
½ February 19, 2017
Had time to fill so I saw this. Had no idea about the subtitles. Didn't bother me much. Well this one was frustrating. I mean know yourself & figure out what you want in life. Seemed too long and dragged on a bit there... I digress...
½ February 18, 2017
Not a stupid comedy, enjoyable cute movie.