Everybody's All-American Reviews

• Jul 18, 2020

Talk about your end arounds: A sappy speech makes everybody live as happily ever after as possible -- given the circumstances that there are a lot of alcohol and painkillers involved. In Frank Deford's book, the football hero tries to kill his wife before taking his own life. Something's wrong here.

• May 25, 2017

Based on a Frank Deford novel, this one covers a good chunk of a university and pro football star and his wife through ups and downs as he goes from being a star to life struggler after his pro career and she is forced to step up and provide for their family. The sets and uniforms are exceptional from the 50's to the 70's.

• Apr 15, 2015

Good actors in a shallow drama......a damn shame.

Good actors in a shallow drama......a damn shame.

• Nov 15, 2014

football is supposed to be fun

football is supposed to be fun

• Apr 14, 2012

I watched it again recently and it didn't age as well as I might have thought but it was still wonderful. Dennis Quaid and Jessica Lange both shine here.

• Feb 07, 2011

Not a great movie but a good one. It's entertaining.

Not a great movie but a good one. It's entertaining.

• Jan 03, 2011

Yeah, it's a little overly sentimental. But it takes itself seriously and takes its characters seriously, so you have to give it that. I think it's still pretty watchable after all these years. Maybe more so, now that the present time in the film was over twenty years ago.

• Dec 20, 2010

Very poignant story of the rise and fall of a football star. Good music and great actors.

• Oct 16, 2009

One of my all-time favorites!

One of my all-time favorites!

• Mar 22, 2009

A louisiana football legend struggles to deal with lifes complexities after his college career is over. Studio: Warner Home Video Release Date: 02/08/2005 Starring: Dennis Quaid Timothy Hutton Run time: 127 minutes Rating: R Director: Taylor Hackford