Everybody's Famous! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everybody's Famous! Reviews

July 16, 2012
Can't believe this got nominated for Best Foreign Language Film.
November 21, 2011
Surprisingly good! Hilarious! i confess that I wasn't expecting much about this movie, but luckily I was wrong and I'm glad I watched this. I can see why it received a best foreign film nomination at the Oscars.
September 10, 2011
Everybody's Famous is an Academy Award nominee for Best Foreign Language Film with plot on fame and stardom bordering ridiculous and stupid, but still sweet, likable, and funny.
½ September 15, 2010
Sort of like a Flemish version of "King Of Comedy". A father discovers a way to make his daughter a star: kidnap an already established star who wants to turn her back on her career. A very fun (and funny) film.
½ June 1, 2010
I guess if you're looking at main checkpoints of this movie, it is kinda light and simple. However, the idea and the plot are brilliant. The casting made a huge difference in this movie, especially Josse De Pauw, who won a national award as a best actor for this movie. It is not a revolutionary film, but it's great in its own genre. It's something that I'd see Quebec cinema do. Also, until the very end you don't understand what will be the final outcome of the situation, which is unusual for this type of movie. No wonder it was nominated for Oscar.
May 3, 2010
Hilarious. A fantastic foreign comedy. Acting and music both were extremely good.
April 3, 2010
A satire which takes itself too seriously, this Flemish film is about fame and its the struggle to get there.
December 18, 2009
well, i didn't regret to see this... but it's kind of weird that I have a feeling that... it's probably the reason why dutch people never seem to grow up
January 28, 2009
Don't read the synopsis, just rent. Charm met een Vlaamse accent.
December 5, 2008
Charming, but at times it's a bit too cheesy for my likes.
½ September 15, 2008
dada da dada da da da dada. LOL (If you've seen this film you'd get that.) Love the Michal Jackson mask! Great film. very cute and heart warming story. He believed in his daughter so very much. This movie is so funny. Where the hell do they speak Flem?
July 6, 2008
A quirky comedy, really fun and enjoyable. I'd recommend it to anybody
½ April 30, 2008
Realistic, tender, very funny, truthful, meaningful,this excellent movie packed with in-tune netherland actors is a jewel of candid entertainment.
March 29, 2008
Reminds me of "Muriel's wedding"
January 23, 2008
Nobody seems to be able to write a good synopsis of this film (don't bother reading this one - don't read the one on Netflix, either) - but it's a quirkly and lovely film.
January 13, 2008
A great film, and a beautiful language. It's good to see that even someone who doesn't fit the singers body type can actually have a chance
January 10, 2008
i loved this film but i wouldnt class it as a comedy - as it wasnt funny - but it was depressing. a good viewing x
December 15, 2007
How this movie got an Oscar nomination, I'll never understand. Average European comedy. Some fun moments involving the overweight daughter who wants to be a pop star, but nothing memorable.
½ October 31, 2007
One of the best Belgian movies ever produced. The story is simple, yet moving and funny.
½ September 3, 2007
You probably have to be Belgian to enjoy this comedy. No offense. I just found the material too wacky to work in the deadpan kind of tone it seemed to aspire to. And as wackiness goes, it was kind of bland. Also, too sentimental.