Everything's Gone Green - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everything's Gone Green Reviews

½ November 27, 2007
oh it's vancouver, that weird and wonderful paradise...the city of glass. i miss vancouver, so i simply watched and read this love letter to vancouver out loud.
November 27, 2007
Douglas Coupland's world. I laughed all the way through this one. Recognizing familiar scenery of B.C. was only part of the fun for me. Only Highway 61 gave me this much satisfaction from watching a Can con film.
½ November 26, 2007
This is complete garbage. Not only is it boring, but the characters are contrived and the situations they get in are obvious... This feels like J-pod lite. I always hate to see good money spent on poor productions like this... at least the film was in focus, so half a star for that.
½ November 25, 2007
So what if every story Douglas Coupland tells involves parents starting grow-ops in their basements, he's still brilliant.
November 25, 2007
Very Vancouver, for August anyways.
½ November 24, 2007
to watch if you don't have anything else to do
½ November 18, 2007
A very poor man's Garden State, without the soundtrack...
½ November 16, 2007
Paul Fox directs the world's most pointless film, and calls it "Everything's Gone Green", an equally pointless title. Flat characters and an aimless story make for rough going. We revisit the '60s with an anticlimactic non-ending.
November 11, 2007
Ohh this is such a good film to watch on a sunday, It's refreshing to watch a canadian film after all that american dross...
November 10, 2007
I thought this Canadian made movie was really really interesting. I think it's really eccentric but in a good way if you know what I mean. The theme is generic( finding meaning of life over money,ect) but it's just the eccentricity of the style that makes it interesting to watch.
½ November 10, 2007
Coupland brings situational humor to the screen brilliantly. Everyday life is challenged again and again, you can see how much of it is going to progress, but the movie remains interesting.
The dialogue drives this movie, and much of it is awkward, even dry in execution. Many of the situations Ryan walks into have you chuckle, realizing it really could happen though you'd never had thought of it on your own.
November 7, 2007
I really enjoyed this - it was original and smart. Indie movies just have that fresh perspective you don't
get from the hollywood films. This film is subtle, shot beautifully in Vancouver and it made me laugh. The interesting thing is that some people might think the scenes are ficticious -- and then not so remarkable --but Vancouver is really like this with movie extras running around in costumes and the most stunning scenery i know of in a north american city.
November 5, 2007
I'm afraid to say Coupland's first fictional contribution to film is a bit rubbish (the nonfiction Souvenir of Canada works better and provides more laughs). His plot isn't strong enough to tie together all the ridiculously unsubtle Couplandisms in an interesting and captivating manner. However, there are some beautiful shots (and beautiful people, both Constanza and Song look great) and it really shows off Vancouver (so I might force my friends to watch it anyway). The soundtrack was also enjoyable and does Canadian music proud. In response to one reviewer (Serge) this is NOT a good movie "for something from Canada"...there are plenty of amazing Canadian movies - check out the work of Arcand and Maddin for starters!
½ November 3, 2007
funny/cute movie. great location too.
November 2, 2007
Excellent movie, Coupland is a genius
October 29, 2007
everything very well shot (cheesy review intro) , too bad it shovels the coupland patronizing style down your throat every shot. its been five minutes.... opps i forgot its a doug coupland story better shovel in a detergent bottle or a bad tourist totem pole......
the actors at some points seem to have little to none in terms of direction, why can't Canadian productions have solid consistency in terms of quaality?
October 28, 2007
Wow, its a good movie for something from canada... Just love vancouver and the way this movie plays on all parts of it.... Its a good movie too check out if you have lived or work in vancouver!!
October 27, 2007
Vancouver at its best... and worst.
October 26, 2007
Quintessential Vancouver. You have to live here to appreciate the west coast sensibility.... could use a little depth although.
½ October 26, 2007
I loved this film. Every self-loathing Canadian's daydream.