Everything's Gone Green - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Everything's Gone Green Reviews

September 24, 2016
You're kidding me, right? This thing gets a 60-plus? It's a piece of s**t! It doesn't follow what it promises; it uses hackneyed metaphors and really, really farfetched cultural losses in translation; and then tries to justify itself as some holistic remedy. It's crap. It's self-indulgent and leads to nowhere, and we're left pondering at the end of the film whether the main actor just pulled off an awesome con to his viewers, as he...indescribably giggles in the passenger seat. Frankly, this movie should have been left in the trunk.
October 14, 2014
A charming indie film that meanders its way casually through the story. Nobody is in a rush here!
June 25, 2012
An interesting little film with some interesting commentary on the futility and materiality of our modern existence, but never rises above mediocrity.
½ June 9, 2012
it's weird to see vancouver as vancouver...subtle to the point of being a little slow, but the whole idea of scamming the bc lotto was hilarious.
May 8, 2012
I love Douglas Coupland. Can't wait to see this!
½ February 7, 2012
loved the soundtrack and the Vancouver film making backdrop but at the end the movie didn't quite do it for me, probably coz of the sappy acting at times...but i'd pro'lly watch it again only for amy, Jason collette and BSS playin at the back since i'm million miles aways from Toronto right now :(
½ March 8, 2011
Nice little drama about nothing.
½ January 15, 2011
SOME amazingly beautiful shots of Vancouver. Incredibly so. Bad parts include the fact that Copeland has reused some many of his ideas in other books as well as this screenplay.
½ July 11, 2010
I see a lot of jPod in this film, and a lot of Coupland-art. Very Canadian.
May 24, 2010
Y is he failing so miserably?
½ May 10, 2010
Starts off well but can't quite keep the pace.
May 2, 2010
I'm watching it... right now =)
April 24, 2010
Wry look at real life in McVancouver by Douglas Coupland the Woody Allen of VanCity. Lots of local sets and scenery of downtown Vancouver and it's actually set in Vancouver! What a trip! See it...
½ April 18, 2010
Very solid, independent film with good acting. Quite funny too.
January 29, 2010
I really like this movie because it came from the mind of Douglas Coupland. He is hands-down my favorite writer. It is not an amazing, must see movie at all, but if you like Doug Coupland, you should watch it.
January 26, 2010
funny and original, good indie type film
½ December 27, 2009
This movie is clever, cute, and very Vancouver. Vancouver could be a character itself. The directing, script, and cinematography are all sublime. This film was evidently well-researched.
½ November 5, 2009
Great show, would have rated higher if it had a better ending. Cool that the story takes place in Vancouver.
½ November 5, 2009
Well done comedy/drama with script by Douglas Coupland.