Evidence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evidence Reviews

½ December 1, 2016
Good, solid mystery/thriller with a shocking ending.
½ October 25, 2016
Twist should have been revealed sooner and explored longer. Ending was a little cheesy because the twist came too late. I did like that they ended the exposition stuff before the hour mark and that they weren't as brutal as they could have been
July 8, 2016
It wasnt the best horror /slasher movie but I found that I couldn't turn it off until it had finished.
½ June 10, 2016
interesting movie with twisted ending
June 8, 2016
y'all are crazy this movie was great, you just have to watch it till the end.
½ February 20, 2016
The freezing frame at the opening really looks like something... until realizing the whole film was just totally shit.
½ February 8, 2016
He visto películas malas y esta!!!!
DrStrangeblog
November 14, 2015
Outside of an arresting freeze frame opening shot sweeping across a crime scene, Evidence is a total failure. If you believe watching stars Radha Mitchell and/or Stephen Moyer will at least make it bearable, be forewarned that they are onscreen 30% of the time, and 80% of that time is spent staring into space at the found video footage that makes up the main story. There's little more dull and less cinematic than watching someone watch something else.

The unfolding of those events in extremely shaky visibility are filled with logistical impossibilities and other nonsense, including a horrific bus crash that results in one superficial wound across the 6 passengers. That the perps would take such huge personal risks in staging the crash is completely absurd. Believe the Tomato with this one.
½ September 13, 2015
I realized that the reviews for this are terrible, but I actually ended up liking this film. I enjoyed the found-footage aspect, as well as the frame narrative. This film has its problems, but all in all, I liked it.
½ September 1, 2015
This is a terrible horror movie. It's like they take a shitty found footage horror film and they add a team of detectives watching the video after the fact in order in order to find out who's the culprit and then, somehow, that's supposed to make the film more interesting than it actually is. News flash: it doesn't. It's one of those movies that mumbles, fumbles and stumbles its way until the last act, where they do the flashback reveal of what actually was going on. Or as I like to call it: the Saw ending. If memory serves me correctly, and I've seen every Saw film, I think they did this type of ending in every installment of the franchise. They do the flashbacks and reveal all the details and solve the mystery that, hopefully, invested you in the film's story. This is that type of film. There's one little problem though, this movie is not even interesting or that good to begin with. Despite being a 'slasher' at heart, there's a surprisingly lack of gore in the film. I mean that in the sense that there's implied blood and guts, but you rarely ever see any of it. Like they were too squeamish for their own good. It's not like if the entire film had explicitly shown blood and guts that it would've honestly improved by much, but there would've at least been something that might have been good. The non-found footage scenes with the detectives are pretty terrible and are incredibly poorly shot. The acting is practically nonexistent. There's some good actors here, but you wouldn't know it by how the film was cut together. They just don't the actors and actresses in this film any favors. The way the film is paced is also a problem, it's almost like it's sabotaging itself with how the film is paced. I'm honestly really struggling to come up with any redeeming qualities this film may have had. The found footage style was absolutely dreadful in this goddamn film. Might actually be some of the worst usage of this method that I've ever seen. The glitches themselves are a part of the narrative, and this might actually be one of the only legitimately clever things the film really does, but the fact that it plays a role in the story doesn't make it any less insufferable to watch. If 'shitty usage of found footage' was a phrase in the dictionary, and why the fuck wouldn't it be, this would be the picture next to the definition. Honestly, I can't say it enough. If ever there was ammunition for the 'found footage sucks' people, it'd be this film. It's just terrible. The reveal of who the villain(s) were was also pretty good in that they actually drop hints in there, so it's not like it's entirely nonsensical. Though it does lead to the worst line of the entire film, which also ends up being the last line of the entire film. So they couldn't get that right. They couldn't even use an actually decent twist that well, at least after the fact. It's just so stupid and they, the characters delivering it, decide to deliver this line at the same time, like they were in a fucking infomercial. It was pathetic and laughable. Though more the former than the latter. Now that I think about it, I really hated this movie honestly. Reviewing it has revealed a new disdain and distaste for this movie. This was just the drizzling shits and there's no way I would ever recommend this to anyone. Not even if you're a horror super geek and you must watch any and all horror movies available to you. Awful fucking movie, just dreadful.
½ May 20, 2015
An interesting variant on the popular "found footage" genre. A lot of it is familiar crazy killer stuff but the approach to telling the story is different and the final big twist is is delivered very effectively.
½ April 20, 2015
Evidence : Ça a failli être bien ! Le déroulé à tiroirs, le rebondissement ultime... Par contre, faut que l'ensemble soit un minimum crédible ! Encore un film où on nous demande d'applaudir, mais surtout de ne pas réfléchir à l'intrigue pour pas qu'elle explose sous la logique.
½ February 21, 2015
I only watched this because it's 4am and there's nothing on. But this movie is so aweful I'd been better off watching the weather channel. Waste of time and electricity.
½ January 18, 2015
Despite an interesting premisa and an engaging beginning, Evidence gets trapped in a repetitive second act and a not so surprising ending.
January 13, 2015
Highly predictable but not as bad as most of these reviews claim.
January 10, 2015
Interesting film, always keeps you wondering what's going to happen next.
½ November 18, 2014
Loved it. Found footage done brilliantly with a great twist!
½ October 7, 2014
One word - AWFUL! There was no suspense and the storyline was a stupid idea. Waste of time.
½ August 7, 2014
enjoyed it. Pretty good twist. kept me guessing.
July 31, 2014
The movie was unwatchable until the final twist/act.
2 Stars! This movie tells us that the Evidence gathered by the Police isn't and will never be 100% accurate.

2 Stars!