Evil Bong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evil Bong Reviews

May 8, 2012
This was stupid. Tommy Chong even though he's only in the last 5 minutes still saves this film because: It's Tommy freakin' Chong!
April 5, 2012
awesome freakin movie! one of my top5 by far.
March 27, 2012
C'mon its Tommy Chong
½ March 14, 2012
I've seen it, and let's leave it at that LOL (:
½ February 29, 2012
Not that I expected much, but expected a little more. I agree on the comedy thing, wel sorta, but horror...not even close. Few laughs, but kind of cheesy.
February 19, 2012
was funny watched again still jus as funny every time
½ February 2, 2012
Evil Bong is more of a stoner thriller than a thrilling horror.
January 15, 2012
This is one of those movies if you are watching alone and someone walks in the room, you are embrassed to be watching it. I am amazed that this movie spawned two sequels, considering this movie was neither funny or scary. The special effects and sound track were campy.
December 28, 2011
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen, it has things that Joe Bob would be proud of. I recommend watching it at some point.
December 18, 2011
To be honest watching this movie made me giddy,
It had a great and cute ending.
½ November 14, 2011
Terrible, but couldn't stop watching. I appreciated the cameos as well. Still mad that the "Evil Bong 3D" screening event in Atlanta was cancelled earlier this year...
½ October 26, 2011
SPOOK-A-THON!
October 2011
REVIEW #:022
Charles Band's EVIL BONG [2004]: "If there is one thing that this pad is lacking, it's a killer Fucking Bong!" -Line from EVIL BONG [2006]-

After nearly dropping the book 150 MOVIES THAT YOU SHOULD DIE BEFORE YOU SEE by Steve Miller in a fit of laughter after reading the small section about a 2006 film called EVIL BONG, I thought to myself that after some really odd films that I have seen (I.E WEREWOLF IN A GIRLS DORMITORY, THE KILLER SHREWS, TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE) how could a film like this even exist. Then again sadly this is the same guy who saw SANTA AND THE ICE CREAM BUNNY yeah why wouldn't there be a movie about a killer Fucking Bong. From Cult Filmmaker Charles Band under his Full Moon Pictures label, EVIL BONG is one odd horror comedy that sees a geeky college student move into a dormitory that is home to three pot smokers.

One day one of the bright pot-heads gets the idea to buy a possessed bong which as soon as it is fired up the Bong (called Eebee) starts to kill the roommates so it's up to the Geeky student, His Girlfriend and a Hot Wheels obsessed Tommy Chong ( Of CHEECH & CHONG fame) must join forces to kill the Bong. Silly, with weak humour and Band's Post-PUPPETMASTER trademark by having evil small puppets/ dolls/ or imamate objects in 80% of his horror films, EVIL BONG despite being mildly amusing gets a bummer rating of 50% from me.
½ October 17, 2011
Evil Bong is pure low budget stoner fare with an evil twist. If you're into lots of campy dialogue, stereotypes out the wazoo and plenty of nudity and drug references and you'll be in heaven with this film.

Full Moon fans will get a kick out of the multitude of cameos from the Full Moon hall of fame including Tim Thomerson, Bill Moseley, Phil Fondacaro, The Gingerdead Man, Ooga Booga and Jack Attack.

My biggest complaint was not the poor acting, story, etc. or the multitude of camp found in the film instead it came from the terrible villain. As a concept, Eebee the evil bong works well and Michelle Mais does some good voice acting, but the creature FX were just terrible. Essentially just a molded piece that was painted, Eebee had very little to do. And when the bong finally started to "move" the range of motion was akin to a painting being pushed from behind the canvas trying to make it talk. I realise budgets are tight but a simple hand puppet similar to those old Boggles toys would have worked.

I'd say this film probably works best in the stoner horror Full Moon fan crowd, but I'm not sure that's really a big enough group to warrant a film and the affection put into this film as a result, kinda shows Band didn't think so either.
October 10, 2011
Yeah it's pretty bad but there is an audience out there for it. Personally I liked Tommy Chong's cameo out of the whole thing. If he was in the whole thing like as one of the roommates or something than I probably would of liked this more. The other cameos just came off as too random and I love Bill Moseley. If you're looking for cheap bad movies that existed in the exploitation era, this would be one of them. This is a modernized version of those movies.
September 19, 2011
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The idea of a possesed bong makes this movie hilarious before even watching it, but that's about how good it gets. There was nothing "horror flick" about it, could of had more fright scenes in it. It's a crappy movie based on a hilarious movie idea. Tommy Chong's addition was great though, I can't hate anything he's in. Not really worth watching.
½ September 14, 2011
I laughed... this was so stupid - in a good way!! Best lame-o horror movie I've seen in a while. Plus - Tommy Chong AND Bill Moseley in a Full Moon movie = awesome.
½ August 2, 2011
I advise you to watch this movie with no preconceptions as to what it is going to be about. If you manage to do this, the movie will entertain you. The horror bits are predictable once you see the first one, but the funny moments are what cemented this movie into my memory. The funny moments come out of left field despite the fact that the movie sounds like a punch line based on the title. Tommy Chong is hilarious and the acting really is better than a movie called "Evil Bong" really requires. Granted, I am sure the actors didn't have to change themselves that much to play their roles. Overall, if you turn your brain off for a bit and don't delve too far into it, this movie will at the very least entertain you.
½ June 23, 2011
Nothing could make this movie good...not even the best weed in the world.
½ June 1, 2011
First one was actually entertaining. I love when Robin gets high and becomes a horndog!
February 14, 2011
A funny Stoner / Horror Movie Mixture a Evil Bong its a funny Idea and the At the Beginning Sober Guy who smokes to save the Day is hillarious