Evil Ed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evil Ed Reviews

½ June 20, 2017
Evil Ed features some cool gore moments and a hilarious story about a man becoming so desensitized to horror that he becomes a deranged killer. There's a good number of funny and brutal moments, but the story feels really small, the sets are small, and some moments drag on a fair bit too long. Better to watch in a group than alone.
½ June 4, 2017
There's some fun to be had in this ridiculous mess. Like there are some nice effects and a couple absurd laughs, but for the most part it's better off collecting dust. Maybe my expectations were too high...
January 3, 2017
Evil Ed is too low budget to get its point across the way it wants to. The vision is sound, but the execution needs work.
December 14, 2013
A thoroughly enjoyable gore flick that I'd somehow missed during the '90s, but recently discovered on DVD courtesy of a local pawn shop.

Well worth tracking down, give it a rental.
October 7, 2013
An outrageous and silly good time! I always love films that don't take themselves seriously.
August 4, 2013
This movie is great for people who love to watch horror movies nonstop around Halloween or any time as a matter of fact. If this is you than you'll really be able to appreciate this Swedish film. "Evil Ed" is a flick about Ed the editor who has been promoted to the horror and slasher movie department. Now he spends his time cutting footage of gory horror films to appease the censors. However, he's a nice and simple man, and all of the exposure to these horror elements is driving him completely insane. The overexposure ultimately leads to him having horrible hallucinations such as a loaf of bread turning into a human arm, along with the devil coming and offering a race to hell. But one of the best parts is when the puppet flips off Ed. This is a very odd movie, to say the least. Some of the best parts come from the movies that we only hear, but don't actually get a chance to see. My all time favorite line from these movies is "Where in the fuck is my beaver rape scene"? I can only imagine what could be happening on the screen.
The boss is my favorite character though, he's crazy. Although its a great spoof of the genre and definitely worth a watch around Halloween. Definitely falls into cult status.
February 14, 2013
Ever hear of the Splatter and Gore Department?

I wish I could work there.

So this movie comes from Sweden. I really wish more like this came from there, because this movie had my sides splitting from laughter. There's in-jokes, ridiculous characters, gore, goofy dialogue, and some of the creepiest film reels you'll ever see.

Ed works as a film editor, but after a previous editor for the Splatter and Gore Department goes nuts and is killed while working, Sam Campbell (get it?) puts Ed in charge in his place. He puts Ed up in a nice secluded house, where the movies he edits begin to mess with Ed's head. He starts seeing body parts in place of food and monsters in the refrigerator. So he tries to tell Campbell that he doesn't want the job anymore.

The scene with Ed in Campbell's office is outrageous, due mostly to the sound effects that Campbell has running in the background all day long. My favorite line from this sound collage? "It's molestin' time!"

Wow. What the hell movie was that? Not to mention the "Beaver Rape Scene" that Ed cut from the movie, which Campbell demands stays in, claiming it's not offensive. Well, I mean, I've never seen or heard of a beaver rape scene, so I don't know if it would be or not. But probably, yeah.

So Ed goes progressively crazier, killing people who deliver film to the house, or pretty much anyone who comes to the house. He even goes after his wife and kid, before finally tracking down Campbell, and well, Ed loses his head. In more ways than one.

This movie is completely nuts. It's tongue in cheek, it's funny as hell, and it needs to be seen by more people. So yeah, watch it, then spread the word. It deserves viewers.
½ December 30, 2012
Seems promising in its first half, as it does OK at balancing the comedy and the horror, but unfortunately it takes a turn in tone from being comedic to being more focused on horror... and not GOOD horror either. It proves to not be funny or entertaining two thirds into the movie when it does take that turn. It is too quiet and uninteresting, leaving one depressed by the time he or she begins to see those end credits roll. Overall, I was disappointed.
December 17, 2012
B-Horror Parody at its best--A great Swedish splatter movie, definitely a must for every splatter fans!!
½ November 17, 2012
"Where in the fuck is my Beaver rape scene!?"
January 31, 2012
Evil Ed is the movie version of a train wreck. There isn't a redeemable quality to be found, unless you love B movie like I do. This may be in the top 5 of worst acting ever caught on film. Really fun for one watch.
½ January 19, 2012
Boring movie, Not funny at all!
December 12, 2011
88%

Awsome tribute to horror films, EVIL DEAD being the best. Must see for horror fans and gore hounds.
½ December 3, 2011
Same what comes out of my butt hole. Some few good cracks between shitty story and lame parody. Forget you ever saw this movie anywhere.
½ October 24, 2011
The movie starts off strong, but sadly loses steam half-way through.
July 31, 2011
WTF! this movie is not the most bizarre movie I've ever seen but close.
April 3, 2011
som vanligt helt fantastisk. Och ännu bättre vart det ju på bio!
March 18, 2011
Om är sugen på en sjukt rolig splatterfilm så är denna film guldvärd. Man får ta den som den är och förstår man inte ironin och dom roliga dialogerna då kan man gå och se Göta Kanal3 istället.
November 3, 2010
A film editor goes insane while editing violent horror movies and starts killing people.
The first half hour is funny in a 'wow this movie is awful' sort of way. The second half hour where he's killing people in the house is terrible and the last act where he's running wild in the hospital is okay.
October 30, 2010
Avgn reviewed this and its hilarious and messed up.