Evil - In the Time of Heroes Reviews

• Dec 31, 2011

I believe that mentioning Billy Zane & bad movie in the same sentence is like a double negative, but if you want to see Billy Zane as Obi-Wan Kenobi in an extended cameo in an Feta Cheese zombie movie from Greece then this is the movie for you!

• Feb 11, 2011

• Aug 21, 2010

An artistically shot film, this zombie movie has lots of good elements including interesting filming and actually funny comedy. Not sure I love where they went with Billy Zane, but overall a very entertaining zombie movie, because, a lot of them that are released these days aren't so great.

• Aug 19, 2010

Its nice to know the Greeks are making bad zombie movies too. Granted, this is hilariously bad, and it features Billy Zane as some kind of Jedi Zombie hunter. Still not recommending this (it was fun in the theatre, but I don't know if it would stand up to repeated views.)

• Aug 17, 2010

I had no idea what this film was about going in and while I was pleasantly surprised at first... that surprise eventually turned into boredom. The film involves two timelines, a multitude of characters, a convoluted story that I'm still trying to wrap my head around and some of the craziest splatter FX to ever leave Greece! While there are some scenes that are super fun, others that are super funny and even some that are just plain whack, the film is much too long and begins to drag considerably starting from before 1/2 way through all the way to the end with only a few moments to relieve the boredom. Billy Zane's character feels as though it was thrown in last minute and while he gets some of the best scenes in the film, I still don't understand how he ended up in the movie. And unfortunately, even a crazed Billy Zane can't save this film. Had the film concentrated on one timeline at the beginning of the film and left it at that so the modern timeline could tell the story, I'm sure this film would have been much better. Having both continue through the entire film just didn't work for me. Not a bad film, especially considering how many genre films we get from Greece, but far from a good film.

• Emily A Super Reviewer
    Aug 15, 2010

Ohhh... kay... This is one nutty, nutty movie. I wish I hadn't been so sleepy when I saw it, but I don't think it would have made much sense either way. There's a zombie apocalypse going on in Greece, and there are dudes using it as an excuse to open fire on people (just because they like shooting folk). These are the bad guys. There are also good guys who, to the best of my understanding, are led by a dude protected by Badass Magic. It's also unclear what is important in this story, because there are times when the zombies are an immediate threat, others when the evil snipers are the main villain, and other times where our heroes can roam around in peace. And there's also Billy Zane, the inexplicable ninja-monk throwback that comes bearing a prophecy, I guess. The TAD festival director explained that they shot all his footage in a single day, then decided to use every frame they had shot somewhere in the film. There's a lot to enjoy about this fiilm and the director seems to enjoy covering people head-to-toe in blood, but it's hard to know what to make of this. It feels like it was made by hacks.

• Aug 01, 2010

Weird zombie flick from Greece. Had some laughs and really good and bloody cg head shots. Story was a little all over the place with the present and ancient greece time periods. What was up with Billy Zane he would show up in the most random parts.

• May 28, 2010

Yeyyy! this is the siquel to the Greek(and only) zombie hit 'Evil'. Its bloodier, funnier and bigger! Much better than the original, with cool gore effects! it also has Athens as it actually was thousands of years ago!! must watch!!

• Apr 19, 2010

In this greek movie, none of the actors got paid. There are some very boring bits in it, but there are also some very funny and inventive parts. All in all, after only seeing the movie 2 days ago, i can't remember most of it. It's utterly silly but great fun when watching with a bunch of people who are all 'into' these kind of films.