Evil Remains - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Evil Remains Reviews

August 28, 2015
So I came to check some reviews and right off the bat, from looking at the cover I became more frustrated... The cover for the movie makes no sense. I watched the whole thing and I never saw that red eyed guy, Ashley Scott (on the left) has brown dreads in the movie, not blonde hair. And Estella Warren (crouching on the right) wears a while tank top throughout the whole thing. I just don't know whats happening with this picture. Oh and it was annoying, dark and often when something would happen you couldn't tell because the screen was too dark and then you'd finally say to yourself "Oh he got snapped by some big bear trap thing in an attic."
October 31, 2014
Not scary or hilarious....just plain lame
October 11, 2014
I JUST DID NOT CARE! Ever. The film looks and sounds terrible. While there's an initial possibility the film would be good because the premise sounds interesting enough - the sheer shoddy amateurish execution produces a film that is impossible to sit through. The actors deserved a better production.
½ January 1, 2014
Not good at all, if i were you i'd stay away from this movie completely!
½ April 24, 2013
A real piece of crap, Evil remains stars model Estella Warren, who also starred in the abysmal Tim Burton remake of Planet of the Apes, and has about as many scares, interesting characters, and memorable scenes as an innocuous pebble. Elementary-school children could make better supernatural slasher cinema than this. Having just finished it, I can't really even remember what it was about because it was just that damn bad. Should have known from the cover....
April 17, 2013
This did nothing for me. I did not find it interesting and it seemed to lag on & on. I watched a couple of days ago and it was so forgettable that I barely remember the movie!!! So many better films than this one.
½ January 9, 2013
The only evil that remains is the memory of this horrible film
DrStrangeblog
October 18, 2012
Yah, i know i know....but cmon, Estella Warren AND Ashley Scott!
½ October 6, 2012
Ashley Scott and Estella Warren star in the indie horror film Evil Remains. It's the stereotypical haunted house story where a group of college kids go to a cursed house and end up turning on each other while getting picked off one-by-one by a mysterious killer. Surprisingly, the film does a good job at build suspense and developing the characters as the situation spirals out of control. However, there's too much ambiguity as to who the killer is and what actually happened in the end. Still, Evil Remains is able to provide some scares and thrillers without being exploitative.
½ March 31, 2012
This movie is just wretched. The plot literally makes no sense at all and 4/5 of the characters are utterly stupid. That blonde chick on the poster front was the only one over 75 IQ. The movie also can't seem to decide whether its featuring ghosts, a real murderer, or the characters just going insane. I mean, make up your mind, because in the end nothing makes any sense regardless of which one is suppose to have happened. I spent more time than the writers did writing it, just trying to figure out wtf is suppose to have happened. This thing is horribly written... and also horribly edited. Most of the time you can't even see wtf is going on. Whenever something interesting is happening they deliberately take away all lighting and they also zoom in on someone's FACE during any kind of action. You can't see anything. Was this suppose to make it more suspenseful? It doesn't. Retarded ass director. This is one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen. Keep in mind that I watch shit like this all the time, so I know what I'm talking about. Tremors 3 and Frankenfish weren't this boring, badly edited, or made as little sense. This is right up there with Cabin Fever 1 levels of bad, but at least the plot in that one makes some kind of sense and you can actually SEE wtf is happening.
September 14, 2011
Does Estella Warren get naked? Otherwise forget it.
½ June 16, 2011
The worst horror movie ever... totally hackneyed, plagiarized from other horror movies, scene by scene - zero suspense, zero thrills
½ August 7, 2009
The worst movie ever! The director just watched a few standard horror movies & put together all the scenes to make this movie. Scare factor = 0.01, originality = 0.00
September 7, 2008
REVIEW: My feelings towards this movie are very mixed. Some
parts of the movie are simply terrible, if not even
abysmal but most of the movie is, well, I wouldn't
say brilliant, but not far from it. See, the chase
scenes in the movie are some of the best chase scenes
in horror movie history. However, the bad things about the movie was that the
actors seemed to have very little experience as they
all overacted a bit too much. But that I saw past
pretty easily, the camerawork however is something
that I could not see past. The camera often moves in
a jumpy and simply unprofessional way. There was one
time in the movie that they had used the exact same
camera effect where it shows the students in front of
the house three times in a row and that was not well
received by me. The lighting was also very bad as
there were many times that you wished to see more
than you did. Instead, it got that Blair Witch feeling
which really didn't work here as it was still obvious
that they were going for the high budget look.

The title Evil Remains leaves a lot to the imagination
and I really did prefer the original title, Trespassing
as that's what the movie's really about. Five students
trespassing on property and get offed by an unknown
killer wearing a dog mask (hehe, yep, you heard me
right). Well, let me put it this way,
when was the last time you saw a dtv movie that was
not only suspenseful and scary but also had the same
qualities as a theatrical flick? This phenomenon
doesn't happen very often and when it does, it makes
me want to continue watching DTV horror flicks even
if I know that most of them are bad. So with some
killer chase scenes and some very cool murders and
with a very suspenseful story, I'm proud to be able
to say that I dug the hell out of this flick. Cut
this one some slack and give it a try.

BOTTOM LINE: Evil Remains definitely has its flaws but the
suspense and the chase scenes made me love it
anyway. Even if this wasn't really much like Wrong
Turn, I still think that fans of that movie will
be able to enjoy this one as well as it has the
same atmosphere surrounding it. Give it a try.
August 31, 2008
som mange andre grøssere var evil remains filmen ganske mørk, til tider vanskelig å få med seg hva som hendte.

Historien handler om en mann som skal finne bakrunden til myter og derfor oppsøker et hus som skal være forbannet. sammen med vennegjengen sin skal han dokementere at det ikke hender noe unaturlig.

Med onskapsfulle feller og en Morder som aldri blir identifisert kjemper gjengen for å overleve, usikker på om det er et spøkelse, en av dem selv eller en annen som begår drapene.

selv liker jeg bedre filmer hvor historien blir oppklart til slutt, enten det er overnaturlig eller ikke. så den blir nok ikke noen favoritt, men underholdende.
August 10, 2008
I thought this was okay. It was a pretty typical story angle, but was entertaining enough.
Liloh
½ July 20, 2008
No Plot no Point
I dont know what is good about this Movie. I didnt see any sense in the Movie. There was nothing Evil in the Movie.
The old classic cheesy thingy, the girls are curious. Everything goes fast. They go out in to the woods, the Boys stay in the Wooden House, get nuts, and killed by a guy in a Halloween Bear or was that Wolf Suite? So what was so Evil about it?
Yep, another cheesy Movie. Not recommendable unless you like to waste your time.
June 29, 2008
My cousin and I were so bored that we actually saw this film. Its... I dunno.
½ May 29, 2008
A very slow movie but at the same time it feels very short. A ok movie too watch when you have nothing better to do.
½ May 28, 2008
Your typical backwoods horror film, with tons of cheap blood, bad acting, and boobs. EVIL REMAINS is nothing near original, but a fun movie that should be checked out.