Ewoks: The Battle for Endor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor Reviews

February 14, 2016
One of the worst things ever committed to film, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is an atrocity that set the Star Wars franchise back over a decade. Completely trashing everything done in the first Ewok film, Cindel's family is killed off, leaving her an orphan who's then taken in by an old hermit; meanwhile a warlord imprisons the Ewoks and chases after Cindel. The plot is just ridiculously stupid, and gets worse and worse as it goes on. The costumes and makeup effects are hideous, and the sets look incredibly cheap. Barely up to cosplay standards, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is unwatchable garbage.
½ December 21, 2015
Personally I found this made for TV Ewok movie to actually be better than the first. I mean neither is particularly good, but this one at least had more fun, a little bit more action, and some fun new characters and villains, which the first one severely lacked. The first was dull throughout most, this one was a tad more fun. They kill off most of the family from the first movie early on, and leave only the little girl alive...which is always good for a family TV special. It truly is hilarious to start a movie aimed at little children off with the death of an entire family. Sleep tight kids! The best part though, is this movie stars Wilfred Brimley, which is totally awesome. Again, I wouldn't recommend either of these Ewok movies unless you are a die-hard Star Wars fan or like weird strange things. I found them interesting but nothing too special.
½ December 15, 2015
These Ewok movies are under-rated and 2 of the better fantasies of the 80's.
August 12, 2015
As a kid it was one of my favorite films ever. Of course watching it today makes me smile but somehow the films of our childhood have a very special effect on us and will downward play in my partiality when reviewing it. It's the kind of films no one makes anymore, the heroic fantasy kind of tale that used to thrill kids of my generation. This is not a masterpiece but it's well produced and has an 80's flair to it that always gets me. If you have some curiosity give it a shot because it's honestly fun to watch ... just keep an open mind and bring back your childhood spirit...
July 28, 2015
Watched this as a kid, but don't know if I'll bother with it now!
½ June 18, 2015
Lough out loud funny because it was so terrible.
½ September 13, 2014
I do not know the purpose nor the effect this had on viewers, but its guilty pleasure material.
½ August 16, 2014
Still better than the prequels.
Apparently, the Ewoks have learned English since Return of the Jedi.
August 14, 2013
Awesome sequel to Caravan of Courage. Maybe even better and more mysterious than its predecessor.
August 13, 2013
The opening is surprisingly dark for movies primarily targeted at children but like the first one it has some cool creature designs and gives us a solid strange fantasy flick set in the Star Wars universe but not connected to the main movies
August 2, 2013
A slight improvement on the original Ewoks adventure, this battle is still light years behind Star Wars.
June 2, 2013
Amazing, cute and very interesting :)
April 5, 2013
An agreeable sequel to the first Ewok film, 'Caravan of Courage' (1984), continuing from where it left off. This one's all the better for not having a narrator and being slightly darker in tone (the young protagonist's parents are killed off in the first ten minutes), 'The Battle for Endor' is a satisfactory effort, showcasing some nifty (though altogether inferior) special effects.
April 4, 2013
I can't recall much of this film and I'm not really a big fan of Star Wars anymore... maybe i'll give it another shot, just because it has Ewoks in it.
½ February 16, 2013
I watched this so many times as a kid. It was superior to the first Ewoks TV movie.
½ January 22, 2013
Dude, they killed the majority of the cast from the first movie and introduced magic!? Well, I love those furry little creatures, so whatever.
January 5, 2013
I actually prefer the first one.
½ January 1, 2013
'Mace' and 'Cindel' return for the follow up story to their predicament. 'Cindel's' family don't get too far into the film which leaves us with the helpless princess and her best Ewok friend 'Wicket'. This time the duo must save their other Ewok friends and battle against 'Terak', a nasty pirate marauder and his rather band of dumb henchmen. Along the way they are helped by a kind but grumpy old man played by the legendary Wilford Brimley.

The whole plot is virtually the same as before really, some characters are taken prisoner, so its up to a small band of other good guys to save them. Naturally its still a full on kids film so its very comical, silly and a bit camp at times but that's to be expected. Acting again is pretty ropey but Brimley has a good go adding some flavour.

Much the same deal as the first Ewok adventure only this is slightly better methinks. The bad guys are a silly bunch but they certainly look the part and fit into the Star Wars universe perfectly. If you think along the lines of the 'Weequay' race that are seen in 'Return of the Jedi' and then just add the CGI animated 'Clone Wars' series characters lead by 'Hondo' for an idea of lots of them in a gang.

Effects are still sketchy but this is an old film, heavy use of stop motion animation which is really jerky but again it adds to the charm just like the first film. Gotta admit I loved the large dinosaur-like 'Blurrgs', a simple yet effective design which is pure Star Wars ('Willow' pinched the concept I reckon), even more so with the classic stop motion animation.

The whole look of the film is actually quite good and better than the first if you ask me. It still looks a bit cheap and basic but 'Terak's' fortress is nicely done and the forest moon of Endor looks less like California hehe. Costumes and makeup for the 'Sanyassans' are nice too, nothing original but they do the job, 'Terak' the leader looks the best of course, even has white balding hair which actually gives him a good sense of depth and history.

The witch/sorcerer character of 'Charal' seems rather pointless frankly as she does nothing accept turn into a crow, or raven? I dunno. Much more magic and sorcery in this adventure but still a quirky fun deeper look into the world of the Ewoks and their home. Overall a closer feel to the Star Wars universe for me and slightly more exciting but only just. A film aimed at kids which is extremely tame and admittedly the only reason it gets away with it is because its Star Wars.
½ December 7, 2012
Good spin off from the star wars franchise.
½ October 13, 2012
I've never seen a Star Wars movie in my life, but these movies used to be my favorite movie sever. This isn't as good as the first one, but it is still generally enjoyable. Planning on re-watching soon.