Ewoks: The Battle for Endor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor Reviews

January 8, 2018
A mark improvement over the first Ewoks movie but still trash.
November 8, 2017
Watched this as a kid, but don't know if I'll bother with it now!
August 22, 2017
Quaker oats can fight...
½ June 27, 2017
A very good Star Wars Ewok spin-off film its much better than the 1st Ewok film its different than other SW films its like a cross between SW and Willow. It delivers on the Wars aspect of the series unlike Caravan Of Courage which was boring anyway go and see it its a lot of fun and i include it on Star Wars marathons and watch it after ROTJ but B4 TFA.
February 14, 2016
One of the worst things ever committed to film, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is an atrocity that set the Star Wars franchise back over a decade. Completely trashing everything done in the first Ewok film, Cindel's family is killed off, leaving her an orphan who's then taken in by an old hermit; meanwhile a warlord imprisons the Ewoks and chases after Cindel. The plot is just ridiculously stupid, and gets worse and worse as it goes on. The costumes and makeup effects are hideous, and the sets look incredibly cheap. Barely up to cosplay standards, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor is unwatchable garbage.
½ December 21, 2015
Personally I found this made for TV Ewok movie to actually be better than the first. I mean neither is particularly good, but this one at least had more fun, a little bit more action, and some fun new characters and villains, which the first one severely lacked. The first was dull throughout most, this one was a tad more fun. They kill off most of the family from the first movie early on, and leave only the little girl alive...which is always good for a family TV special. It truly is hilarious to start a movie aimed at little children off with the death of an entire family. Sleep tight kids! The best part though, is this movie stars Wilfred Brimley, which is totally awesome. Again, I wouldn't recommend either of these Ewok movies unless you are a die-hard Star Wars fan or like weird strange things. I found them interesting but nothing too special.
½ December 15, 2015
These Ewok movies are under-rated and 2 of the better fantasies of the 80's.
August 12, 2015
As a kid it was one of my favorite films ever. Of course watching it today makes me smile but somehow the films of our childhood have a very special effect on us and will downward play in my partiality when reviewing it. It's the kind of films no one makes anymore, the heroic fantasy kind of tale that used to thrill kids of my generation. This is not a masterpiece but it's well produced and has an 80's flair to it that always gets me. If you have some curiosity give it a shot because it's honestly fun to watch ... just keep an open mind and bring back your childhood spirit...
½ June 18, 2015
Lough out loud funny because it was so terrible.
½ September 13, 2014
I do not know the purpose nor the effect this had on viewers, but its guilty pleasure material.
½ August 16, 2014
Still better than the prequels.
Apparently, the Ewoks have learned English since Return of the Jedi.
August 14, 2013
Awesome sequel to Caravan of Courage. Maybe even better and more mysterious than its predecessor.
August 13, 2013
The opening is surprisingly dark for movies primarily targeted at children but like the first one it has some cool creature designs and gives us a solid strange fantasy flick set in the Star Wars universe but not connected to the main movies
August 2, 2013
A slight improvement on the original Ewoks adventure, this battle is still light years behind Star Wars.
June 2, 2013
Amazing, cute and very interesting :)
April 5, 2013
An agreeable sequel to the first Ewok film, 'Caravan of Courage' (1984), continuing from where it left off. This one's all the better for not having a narrator and being slightly darker in tone (the young protagonist's parents are killed off in the first ten minutes), 'The Battle for Endor' is a satisfactory effort, showcasing some nifty (though altogether inferior) special effects.
April 4, 2013
I can't recall much of this film and I'm not really a big fan of Star Wars anymore... maybe i'll give it another shot, just because it has Ewoks in it.
½ February 16, 2013
I watched this so many times as a kid. It was superior to the first Ewoks TV movie.
½ January 22, 2013
Dude, they killed the majority of the cast from the first movie and introduced magic!? Well, I love those furry little creatures, so whatever.
January 5, 2013
I actually prefer the first one.