Ex (Chin do) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ex (Chin do) Reviews

July 30, 2012
?(TM),-"<; 1/2? 1/2, 3/4 3/4 1/2?~?
½ April 17, 2012
½ November 1, 2011
with no expectation, but still disappointed!!
July 16, 2011
3/4年?...主 3/4 (C)~
July 11, 2011
interesting take on relationships and a good message to take home...don't dwell on the past...live for the future...type thing. probably hits home for those who have been hurt by past relationships and struggle to move on. However, director is obviously very new...the style of camera work and angles shouts "cantonese mv"...dialogue very simple....lots of whining....i hated gillian's character whenever she unnecessarily flipped out. obviously very low budget but at times showed so artistic colours. i think for those who really are going through these type of emotions...would love this film....in hopes to find a reconcilation. but for love-less people like me..i found it quite boring and didnt move forward enough. gillian was very beautiful in this film.
½ June 9, 2011
Meh. Has a hot scene near the end tho!
½ March 14, 2011
~ 1/2?, 1/2 1/4""" 1/2>......
½ March 14, 2011
EX ?度 -歡(TM)> 1/2?
½ March 7, 2011
2.5: Basically everything I said about The Road Less Travelled goes for Ex as well, except even more so. The internal-consumption-only Asian romantic comedies I saw from 5-15 years ago were vastly different from this. It's like a quantum leap forward, or sideways and forward, or backwards, etc. I think sideways and forward is probably right. It has all the proper romantic comedy genre elements, except it is Hong Kong through and through. Films like this make me think about how my film class at Columbia reacted to John Woo's A Better Tomorrow, which is widely considered to be a modern action masterpiece and to have heavily influenced action films the world over: they laughed. The stylistic mannerisms were so drastically different from what they were used to that they couldn't help but laugh. This would not occur with this latest batch of Hong Kong films I'm inn the process of making my way through.
½ February 20, 2011
just...where are we heading...?
January 23, 2011
Wake storyline, nice exectuion, like especially the music score.
½ January 23, 2011
1/2 3/4> (R),,,,Love~~淡淡,?" 3/4 1/2 1/4起 3/4 1/4 1/4 1/2??~,骨" 1/4 1/4 1/2 1/4此头~ 3/4...??~ 1/4 1/2 1/4"太 (C),
January 21, 2011
<? 3/4- 3/4 1/2~...>...?"?, 1/4 3/4-
½ January 18, 2011
Way too over-directed for my taste. I like what I took to be the main theme of this film, we are our histories, but the story is interrupted by an over zealous directorial hand. I wanted to settle into the hearts and minds of the characters but the MTV generation style camerawork and editing (and I don't mean that as insult or insinuation, necessarily) wouldn't let me. Listening to a lot of fighting and whining in high decibel Cantonese isn't the most pleasant experience. I knew from the opening scene's musical soundtrack that my audible wavelength was not in tune with the director's. And things didn't change. The whole soundtrack sucks.

The director has brains and chops but maturity hasn't kicked in yet.
January 17, 2011
Despite sounding naive & cutesy-poo sometimes, dragging quite a bit from the middle too, alrightee overall.
October 1, 2010
Low cost film with meaning gonna tell by the director, but william is not really a good actor...like the music and also the scenes...