Exit Humanity - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Exit Humanity Reviews

November 3, 2016
This is a brilliant movie!!! It is very clever concept. The acting is compelling. The movie itself is visually gorgeous. When the movie ended, I could not help feeling a little resentment that they don't make more movies like this one! I am more than a little taken aback by some of the negative reviews on this site and others. Do these "critics" have cornflakes for brains? Were they staring at their navels throughout the whole movie, pining for the next rendition of Saw? This is a great movie!
½ April 20, 2016
Okay zombie apocalyptic drama about a man who loses his wife and son and is hell bent on revenge for their lives taken from him
June 13, 2015
For being crazy low budget im half impressed by what they put out.
May 4, 2015
One of the more memorable, sweeping zombie films seen in years..
January 3, 2015
Wow. Excellent high concept zombie movie. Sure there's no shortage of that these days, but this one shines through the heap. Creative, clever and compelling.
November 2, 2014
Není nad to se na Dui?ky podívat na horror o zombíkách. :-D

Kadopádn? tento vynechte. Bé?kov? nato?ené, roztahané a pomalé, herecké výkony taky nic extra. Musel jsem se ob?tovat, abych vás p?ed tímto filmem varoval. :-)
April 21, 2014
This film was almost on to something.
January 15, 2014
Decent premise, zombies in the Civil War, but it's just poorly developed.
December 18, 2013
Monday, December 16, 2013

(2011) Exit Humanity
WESTERN DRAMA HORROR

Straight-to-rental and low budget that acts like a cross between "The Last Man On Earth", "The Omega Man" and "28 Days Later" perhaps the Western equivalent of "Dawn Of The Dead" with a new kind of setting which takes place during the "Civil War" centering on a narration involving the first time the central character noticed zombies. What this film does well is that it focuses more on the after effects toward it's human characters than on the gore stuff which not many zombie films do well very often- hence the title "Exit Humanity". It has Edward Young (Mark Gibson) writing a 'journal' narrated by Brian Cox about his own experiences living with zombies as well as the effects it has on other people 5 years later after the Civil War and then attempting to settle down with a wife and son. It's the most unlikely scenario since the civil war has already been a part of history ,so it's defined as a what if scenario! The breakout of zombies serves as a backdrop to the journal aspect of it which can be moving and sincere, and is an idea that has "never" been done before(at least as far as I know). The low budget production is sometimes evident as soon as some of the zombies are shown since some look fake meaning the budget restraints may have been compromised to resort to animated drawn sequences. Perhaps if the movie is remade again but with a much larger budget, my rating may have been higher.

2.5 out of 4 stars
½ November 1, 2013
Exit Humanity [2011] Too slow, too staged, too predictable... Too ambitious for a too low budget film. 3/10
½ July 1, 2013
I heard good things about this movie so I was maybe expecting too much for a Zombie B movie, but it really disappointed. The concept of it was good, Civil War era overran with the walking dead, but it failed in almost every category. The only good thing about it was the zombies looked half way decent as far as the makeup and movements, but they were the best actors in the film in my opinion. The terrible excuse for an antagonist was also one of the many weak points of the film, as well as the main characters. If you really enjoy B zombie movies you might get some enjoyment out the film, but I doubt it.
April 18, 2013
I found this boring to be honest and very slow.
April 3, 2013
Seen and heard it all before...turned it off
March 31, 2013
A stylish and serious zombie film, Exit Humanity is a respectable endeavor, but it drags after the first thirty minutes. A superb cast and stylized vision make Exit Humanity a sad, intelligent take on the zombie genre. Set right after the civil war, Exist Humanity traces the spread of the disease, the struggle to find someone who is immune, and the darkness that dwells inside humankind. As is so often the case with zombie films, the humans actually become the sources of true evil, and the film becomes a reflection on how war turns humans into creatures that crave death and flesh. Still, despite its serious approach to the genre, it should have been about 30 minutes shorter because it plods at various points in the film.
½ March 23, 2013
Amazing storytelling. Great photography. Story itself, not so amazing. Character development could've been better.
March 21, 2013
A zombie movie set in the civil war should be good fun...and it is for the first 30 minutes, then not so much
½ March 15, 2013
Well damn - a thoughtful zombie movie! Who knew such a thing existed? I tried seeing things from the reviewers' point of view, but frankly my head just won't go that far up my arse.
½ February 3, 2013
I don't usually expect much from Zombie movies, but I enjoyed this one more than most...especially considering I hadn't heard of it prior to viewing. This is more of a drama set in the 1800s, with zombies. I enjoyed the main character and most of the story, though it was a little on the long side and had the typical "yeah right" moments. It doesn't introduce anything new to the genre, but it has some impressive production values and was very beautifully shot. I was hoping for a little more excitement during the finale, but what happened was serviceable. Give it a viewing on Netflix of you're bored on a Sunday afternoon.
½ February 2, 2013
one of the best zombie films I've seen the story was deep and enthralling the drama was better than some drama movies and the animation cut scenes were just spectacular
January 31, 2013
Amidst the ravages of the Civil War, a strange outbreak of living death has spread across the fields of battle, causing the dead to rise up and consume the flesh of the living. A lone warrior is left to carve a new life in this twisted new world, but he will find even more to fear in the other surviving humans than in the walking dead. John Geddes' ambitious period piece reshapes the history of the walking dead in EXIT HUMANITY. Not only is the film beautifully shot and finely dressed in its best wartime attire, but it also provides powerful performances by its leading cast members Mark Gibson and Adam Seybold. Geddes spends his time carefully crafting his characters without feeling the need to rush either the action or gore, an encouraging trait that is shared with television's The Walking Dead. This allows for a clear emotional rapport with our lead that is carried on through the end of his journey. Bill Moseley joins the cast as the disillusioned General Williams, along with Dee Wallace and Stephen McHattie in other supporting roles. Rich in character, atmosphere, and mood, EXIT HUMANITY is never to be overlooked.