La posesión de Emma Evans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La posesión de Emma Evans Reviews

July 13, 2016
in my opinion ... the exorcism off Emma Evans ... is the best horror movie i have ever seen ... i'm passionate about exorcisms saga ... i found this film both an exciting and well suspended ...
½ June 14, 2016
This was an interesting take on exorcism movies. Music was pretty bad. Not a lot of jump scares, more psychological. Worth watching if you're into that sorta thing.
April 6, 2016
Started off promising, really got into it, but by the halfway point, nope.
July 12, 2015
This film in my opinion shocks. It looks like a shitty film but like a book with a bad cover it proves you wrong. There's alot of things that makes you think "oh shit! did that just happen?!" all in all its a great film, especially for IFC standards
April 23, 2015
When it comes to horror movies The Exorcist ranks as one of the best in most film buffs lists. This is The Excorcist updated to the 21st centuary. Where it mirrors The Exorcist is in the idea of the child being possessed and the exorcising priest existing on the edge of social respectability in a world that has turned profoundly secular.
So when our heroine Emma becomes possessed by Satan himself, and she is judged by her elders to be suffering from psychosis of a scientific kind, she is met by inverterate disbelief by her parents.
Our girl is not a sweet child as was the case in the original Exorcist, she is a strong-minded, independant, death metal goth. She is also sexually active, despite being only 15 (although this is only implied at during the film). With her dark ideas comes a risk when she dabbles in the dark magic arts, setting a course for a terrifying ordeal for herself and her family. And in places this, being a horror film, is extremely graphic. But it is not a hack and slash gore-fest. It is a vey well written and well acted story that, when it diverges in plot away from it's more illustrious predecessor, is certainly it's equal. In many places it excels, despite a constraint on budget feel to it. Sophie Vavasseur certainly gives a commendable performance of the emotionally dysfunctional Emma.
I like it.
½ December 30, 2014
The worst supernatural film.
December 15, 2014
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
½ October 31, 2014
Very well directed, an unexpected choice to have it mostly take place during the day, with the flashbacks to the first girl taking place at night, great contrast! Great movie overall.
½ October 8, 2014
I like exorcism movies, but this one offers nothing that hasn't been done before. The story is lackluster and the effects are only fair. Nothing to see here.
½ September 19, 2014
Been done before, but allot better.
½ April 22, 2014
the only thing saving this movie is Emma
March 19, 2014
The third act I must say, is pretty good, but compared woth tje rest of the film. It doesn't stand a chance.
January 4, 2014
A British angle on the well-used exorcism story. It looks nice enough and the acting is passable.
½ December 28, 2013
This ain't your average exorcism!
½ November 25, 2013
Bland and unoriginal. Exorcismus is a lazy attempt of an exorcism movie.
November 17, 2013
...just a mediocre and cheapening rip-off of The Exorcist.
October 19, 2013
Boring and horribly tedious.
August 6, 2013
Brill film! Would recommend to anyone.
August 5, 2013
Some great elements and Sophie Vavasseur is fresh and engaging, but the film is built on flawed premises supported by tenuous threads and just can't hold together. We're left unable to believe or become invested in what we're seeing. A shame, this could have been a better film.