Exorcist Chronicles Reviews

• Jan 10, 2013

A mockumentary within a mockumentary, this piece of found-footage cinema starts off as another reasonably entertaining exorcist film but quickly devolves into a tired cliche that is played out time and time again before the final credits roll....

• Feb 07, 2012

This is the most scary movie I've ever seen!!!

This is the most scary movie I've ever seen!!!

• Mar 29, 2011

Background music absolutely ruined this psuedo-documentary.

Background music absolutely ruined this psuedo-documentary.

• Oct 17, 2010

A pretty decent mockumentary- does a good job of setting up the atmosphere and the actors (with the exception of the woman researching the doctor's disappearance and the camera man) are all very believable performances. There were times I could have done without the soundtrack creeping in as it did not add to the atmosphere at all. No soundtrack would've been even better because let's face it, there's no soundtrack to a demon possession. The worst thing about this movie is you're treated to a decent,eerie flick that completely falls flat in the last 3 minutes. It was the worst, most cliche'd ending that ruined an otherwise good Halloween time movie. Also, if one is interested in an authentic representation of how the church authorizes exorcisms, this really doesn't deliver as watching this would give one the impression the church is ready to exorcise most anyone when in reality, exorcisms are very rare.

• _kelly . Super Reviewer
    Jan 31, 2009

The structure of a mockumentary within a mockumentary is odd and makes things indecipherable, in the beginning primarily, but throughout the film, it suffers from confusing crosscutting. The score is atrociously overdone and does not sync with events onscreen for the most part. The acting is even worse, and sometimes makes the film unwatchable but certainly wholly unbelievable insofar as the characters' emotions. I don't mind the documentary method of filming and honestly most of the shots are better coordinated than handheld crap in large budget mainstream pieces. I do mind that the acting is so bad that it betrays an otherwise decent script structure. Sadly, there's no scares here and no one ever addresses why all possessed people are bed-ridden. When the "exorcisms" themselves are performed, it is little more than cheap rips from the classic bar-setter "The Exorcist". If exorcism is your thing like how zombies are my thing, then you may find something worthwhile here, but with this low level of acting, I seriously doubt it.

• Oct 03, 2008

this film was so scary and i had nightmares after watching it . i couldnt sleep because of it