Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed Reviews

February 10, 2015
I like the direction of this documentary that Ben starts in. He's begins to unwind the religious faith atheism requires and how science doesn't agree with or deny religion. I don't think he ever successfully finalizes that point. The movie begins to drag part way through. My favorite scene was his interview with a famous atheist author as he makes bold philosophically illogical contradictions.
February 7, 2015
WATCHED AND IT WAS AWESOME!!
February 1, 2015
A really stupid documentary about Intelligent Design
December 8, 2014
This is a movie to observe, as much as to watch. It's a political and commercial product, and surely a nice vehicle for Mr. Stein. What does it do? On one level I think it's a fairly cynical, slick and inflammatory exploitation of tribal mistrust and hostility in America. Pick a side! You're either for us, or you're against us; there are no alternatives.
½ November 23, 2014
No intelligence was allowed in the making of this atrocity.
July 19, 2014
as a scientist and engineer, the more i studied evolution, the more i disbelieved it. Evolution as an explanation for origins of life takes a lot more faith than any religion. Something made us by design. Call it whatever you want. It's bigger than us. No way anything can come from nothing and we have absolutely no proof that evolution can have any truth. It's all theoretical and we haven't been able to duplicate any of it and have no physical evidence either. Amazing how much we in the science world cover this up. Disappointing.
½ May 10, 2014
Unbelievably biased, poorly constructed, highly deceptive, unsure of itself, overly confident about itself, and HIGHLY ignorant of terms, ideas, and smeared with propaganda filled imagery.

I found this film highly offensive, ignorant, and just plan boring.
½ April 21, 2014
No intelligence allowed, indeed.
½ April 17, 2014
Expelled is a classic bait-and-switch, presenting itself as a plea for freedom in the scientific marketplace of ideas, while actually delivering a grossly unfair, contradictory, and ultimately repugnant attack on people who believe in evolution.
April 14, 2014
This is an excellent pro-Science film that exposes the rotten underpinnings of the blase' mentality poisoning the otherwise sagging education system of America and England. This film by an eminent Jewish intellect is very, very philosophical and very thought-provoking, and dynamic and well produced and well shot.... tinged with humour, and a healthy analogy between the conflict of Worldviews in Science and the the conflict of Worldviews in Politics of the Cold War.

The backdrop of this Atheism-vs-Creationism Manichaean duality reveals the shallow, personal flaws and personality-of-the-speaker-colored interpretation of what science is - by these self-important and self-serving 'minds' of darwinian Biology and its liberal minions in various institutes and various academic groups, the bouncers for a political-qua-scientific club behind a devastating agenda which started with the materialism of 19th century economic success of England ... a trend that spawned several devastating ideologies for the mobs and masses (the gallery of rogues behind these ideologies is abundant, Marx, Malthus, Darwin, Huxley, Spencer, Houston Stewart Chamberlain).

Richard Dawkins is a classical British intellectual tyrant who made a virtue out of shallow thought & feeling. His make-up work leading up to the interview with Ben Stein tells all for those who can see it.
March 11, 2014
- Who wants to see religious propaganda?
- [crickets chirping in the distance]
March 9, 2014
nothing but another marterd card, peace of tripe trying to win popular support via pretending being silanced. Mixed with Strawman fallacies build in place of the actual theory of evolution, and demanding outlandish claims to prove evolution - which in most cases would actually disprove it.
½ February 17, 2014
The purpose of a documentary is to provide accurate information. If that is the criterion by which "Expelled" should be graded, then it receives an easy F.
February 15, 2014
This is another of those conservative movies that highlights the difference between the liberal extremist fringe in Hollywood and ordinary Americans, liberal journalists hate it and ordinary viewers do not. Though not ideal in its critique of evolution, Stein makes some good points throughout the film. Dawkins at one point even floats the idea that life could have been seeded on Earth by evolution due to the improbability of life arising from nothing, raising the question of whether evolutionists object not so much to the idea of Intelligent Design, but as the Brothers Winn have noted, the extraterrestrial being called God.
January 27, 2014
Very Badly Underrated Movie. The Critics Love Al Gore More THAN THIS!?! gez.
½ January 8, 2014
Looks like confirmation that Approved Tomatometer critics are clearly on the side of the anti-God elite. Compare their rating to the average Joe (a clear majority of which liked it).
I'll be using the Audience meter from now on.
½ January 3, 2014
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed has an intriguing premise about an important issue (the closed-mindedness of modern scientists), but unfortunately does not argue its case convincingly, employing fallacies and dishonesty rather than coherent logic.
December 18, 2013
Missed it when it was in theatres...
December 7, 2013
A documentary that proves that the United States of America is not a free society and that it continues to bully, its own people and the rest of the world. With the antagonism of Hitler and the power house of Communism, America marketing money is available to Darwinians to push there own self centered view. Honest questions deserve honest open answers. Nibbles: Crème Anglaise.
½ November 24, 2013
I wish I could say I enjoyed laughing at this film but it wasn't even 'funny-bad'. It was just clumsy, poorly paced and most of all, treated the audience like idiots. Unforgivably bad. I'm sorry I watched it.