Expiration Date - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Expiration Date Reviews

June 4, 2012
no info = no interest
June 24, 2011
a strange but quite funny indie flick.
½ December 11, 2010
Keep on dancin' till we die! I wonder if Stevenson has ever read Murakami's novel "Dance, Dance, Dance"?
½ October 11, 2010
I loved this movie! It was very funny, and I loved the characters. It was also fun to see all sorts of Seattle places in this film. I highly recommend it.
April 6, 2010
despite the low budget this movie is excellent.
January 2, 2010
I liked this film, but I wouldn't call it it a dark comedy - its a romantic comedy that gets a little preachy. It is also obvious that the filmmaker loves Seattle and wanted feature every little tidbit he could. Aside from the beginning and the ending, the movie isn't bad. It did make me laugh some, so I guess it did its job.
½ December 29, 2009
A tribute to what can be done with sincere, honest directing and a good cast on a low budget. Are most "famous" actors really any more engaging than the stars of this nicely paced quirky comedy?? Deceptively simple, it is loaded with touches of directorial and acting genius. Throwing money at this film and/or producing it in Holly wood, couldn't make it any better.
December 5, 2009
An amazing film about living your life to the fullest, Expiration date is a fairly dark romantic comedy that entertains though out. Robert A. Guthrie (Charlie) and Sascha Knopf (Bessie) give great performances with relatable and interesting characters.

While it's not a complex story (boy learns he'll die, boy meets girl, boy's feeling are in chaos), it's has enough interesting twists to keep the audience wondering what's coming.

Littered with red herrings, and foreshadowing, it keeps the audience guessing till the end.

The one fault could be that the plot pacing is uneven a bit during the end of the first Act going into the second, but the characters make up for it in their intrigue.
July 27, 2009
I just really really enjoyed this movie a lot. Charlie's shy, understated nature was perfect for the character and a good compliment to the bubbly yet insecure Bessie. Also utilizes the scenery of Seattle in a beautiful way.
May 30, 2009
Promising and hilarious beginning, but too many forced quirks per minute. It was more endearing during the few dramatic moments. Thankfully, use of Seattle streets was just halfway touristy (John Wayne's McQ has done this best so far).
½ April 26, 2009
While Stevenson's film unwinds along familiar lines, it delivers unexpected charm and low-key vibrancy.
January 28, 2009
Gotta love roadkill!
½ January 21, 2009
very relaxing...the kind of movie that you'll see only on cable tv...but anyways, strong message
January 8, 2009
This is bar-none my favorite movie. It has the right balance of comedy and intensity and really speaks to the Seattle soul. The cast of relatively unknown actors brings the excellent writing to life, and asks all of us if we simply want to finish the list or if we want to die dancing.
½ December 27, 2008
Interesting and sort of fun plot line and possibilities. The characters just don't bring enough life to their parts to make it more convincing however. Doesn't warrant the comparison to Harold and Maude that some reviewer gave it.
December 26, 2008
awesome and hilarious and even has cows :)
½ December 18, 2008
Quirky, funny, imaginative and [i]udderly[/i] engaging.
November 21, 2008
ok movie not my favorite
October 29, 2008
I liked the concept and the main character, but some of the other acting I thought was kinda so-so.
½ September 20, 2008
This is a very fun movie- especially for those who live in the Seattle area. About a man cursed to die on his 25th b-day by a milk truck, it follows his life until the very dooms day. Very funny and cute. And you will fall in love with "Roadkill"!