Eye of the Tiger Reviews

• Dec 06, 2014

Gary Busey takes the law into his own hands when a biker gang murder his wife and put his daughter into a comatose state. The power of Busey is strong in this one, but what isnâ(TM)t strong is the soundtrack. I do give credit that the evil biker gang does go out of its way to be evil. I also give credit that a super criminal lays pity on Busey by way of a private arsenal and a super truck. Heroes rarely get it so good in these tales. Not the best film, but fun with friends.

• Aug 09, 2014

Simply for the sound track !

Simply for the sound track !

• Jul 05, 2014

(62%) A better than expected 1980's mid-budget action movie. Gary Busey really is more than good in this, as he is a decent actor that could and should have been a much bigger star. The movie is as simple as milk and cornflakes, but very watchable throughout, and the really silly elements (the super high-tech, James Bond style pick-up truck being the best) make the movie even more fun to watch, despite the tragic and quite dark things that happen on screen. Overall this is a largely forgotten little gem that's worth tracking down.

• Apr 10, 2014

If you like cheesy 80's action flicks like Rambo, Death Wish 3 or anything made by the Cannon Group, chances are that you're going to like this too.

• Apr 09, 2013

A Vietnam vet, falsely imprisoned, returns to his home town, finds it overrun with corrupt law officials and drug runners riding motorbikes. His wife is killed and he avenges her death with complete disregard for the child he is about to make parent-less. You've seen it 100 times before, but this time it stars Gary Busey. Enjoy. Actually it also stars Yaphet Kotto, which is a plus. It's not the worst.

• Oct 27, 2012

Out of prison for a crime he didn't commit, a man returns home and seeks vengenace on a biker gang (another one led by Will Smith) after his home is murderously violated. Hit Survivor song of the same title proves a winner again in film.

• Jun 25, 2012

I wanted more from this I really did, it's a good old 80s flick back when the brilliant Busey wasn't a joke and it's a revenge movie which are among my favourite films but it was pretty hammy in places. It does use the awesome song (a bit too much) and like I said Busey was cool but to be honest his home was raided by bikers who killed his wife in front of his infant daughter who in turn became somewhat catatonic, he didn't actually seem that angry. If this was done today it'd be a bloodbath movie, yeah he kills a few of them but damn surely you'd be angrier than he was! There wasn't even a scene where he broke down or cried etc it was pretty emotionless. Maybe that was the point, he was an ex con and a Vietnam vet so maybe he'd become a bit jaded I don't know but seriously you'd be angrier. I was hoping to see more of his Tony Montana style cell mate but sadly we on;y see him at the start.

• Jan 22, 2012

Pretty fun, if very, very predictable. Pre-accident Busey is solid, and William Smith is slimy with a weird hair thing (half a mohawk on the back of his head). Produced by Scotti Brothers, so Eye Of The Tiger is on the soundtrack three times. Worth a watch if you want a unspectacular but entertaining 80's actioner.

• Dec 27, 2011

Why would you take a song that peaked 4 years earlier in a franchise film, derive your title from it & use it as your own theme is beyond me? I love that Survivor song. It's fucking classic but it's way out of place in this movie..maybe not because there's hardly an original idea in this filme. I think it's sorta ironic that this stars William Smith as the heavy because he made these type of movies famous in the drive-in circuit in the 70s. Those are a lot better but this one grows on you after a while. You really need to stick w/ it though. Probably about the point & time when Gary Busey slathers a stick of dynamite w/ vaseline & shoves it up some guys ass. Sorta gets it's outlandish bearings about that point & time. Worth checking out for fans of Gary Busey, Yaphet Kotto & of course the always great William Smith

• Nov 10, 2011

The Scotti Brothers had a mediocre record label that hit it big when the group Survivor recorded the smash hit single for "Rocky 3". Never the ones to let anything die peacefully, they once again recycled the song and the title a few years later with the film "Eye of the Tiger", a poor man's excuse for a revenge thriller. This is by-the-numbers in every way, with a lackluster lead performance by Gary Busey. He makes much better bad guy than he does a hero, as he proved in the original "Lethal Weapon". But this film's failure doesn't rest solely on his shoulders as everything about this reeks of blandness. The script is weak, as are all of the characters. In order for any action movie to be successful, it needs a good villain, and once again this forgettable flick drops the ball. The biker gang here, led by a duller-than-usual William Smith is more laughable than menacing. Why they chose to terrorize this vacant wasteland of a town is a complete mystery. Busey doesn't even really seem to mind when they murder his wife, even going as far as to hit on the nurse in the hospital right after her death. And despite the film's lack of originality, it does feature some odd and laughably bad murder scenes, such as the death by overdose and the infamous dynamite stick up the ass. If only the screenwriters had that much imagination with the rest of "Eye of the Tiger". That badass truck might have given K.I.T.T. an inferiority complex back in the day, but today, it's just as silly as everything else in this lame revenge flick.