Eyeborgs - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Eyeborgs Reviews

October 10, 2017
Yes I saw it on Syfy channel, its was so bad and not great either. its not gonna happens
June 3, 2016
Eyeborgs has never heard of the concept of "subtlety", but manages to remain somewhat intriguing. The poor quality of the CGI & acting as well as the messiness of the plot outweighs the possibilities the core concept alludes to.
½ November 1, 2013
Bad but not as bad as I was expecting.
½ July 8, 2013
Uber silly, but far more charming than it had any right to be
February 10, 2013
It has a good premise but isn't well executed. The characters are uninteresting, the computer effects are cheap, and the plot is bland. It's still an interesting science fiction film, but it falls along the levels of Syfy channel material.
January 30, 2013
A believable and intruiging concept, dulled down by cheesy acting and dialogue. Its the thought provokingness of the story however that keeps you hooked.
½ January 24, 2013
Lost interest in the opening couple of minutes, suffice to day avoid!
May 13, 2012
Got better as it went along. Can't stand that moving camera and gave it 1/2 star less for using it. Could have been a great sci-fi movie without it.
April 15, 2012
reasonable concept of a future where we are monitored and law enforced via spider-like webcams. I give huge credit for what it attempts on a limited budget but the flat performances and a seeming reluctance to do any practical effects, which are cheaper and often more realistic, marred what could have been a real show piece.
March 19, 2012
½ January 3, 2012
This is obviously a comment on the 'Patriot Act' and our creeping loss of privacy. This has a happy ending (sort of) but if we don't do something ours won't be.
November 17, 2011
I liked this film, though I know fee found it boring! Watched Demon Seed after, and nice to see contrasts and similarities!
½ September 23, 2011
ytterligare nŚgons framtidsvision.... ganska ok.. men....
September 6, 2011
Not a great sci fi, but not a bad one. I recommend it for 9/11 anniversary viewing.
August 15, 2011
Adrian Paul not so much shits the bed this time but goes out to the streets and blasts his anus across the road, while onlookers watch in horror
July 23, 2011
Sci-fi kanske en sanning inom en snar framtid, då vi kanske blir övervakade av kameror överallt
½ July 3, 2011
In a near-future USA its citizens are under perpetual surveillance from Eyeborgs, mobile robotic cameras, used by the police to stop crime happening and to convict any criminals they see. A big hairy ranting paranoid man is arrested when tries to shoot Jarrett Hewes (Luke Eberl) the nephew of the American President as he is performing with his punk band. Agents from the Department of Homeland Security 'Gunner' Reynolds (Adrian Paul) and his partner Bradley investigate to see if there is any other threat. During the investigation Gunner become suspicious of the Eyeborgs and his suspicions are confirmed by evidence from TV reporter Barbara Hawkins (Megan Blake).

This film covers a lot of old ground but it is a pretty good take on the ideas that make up it main story. While 'The Matrix' and 'The Terminator' had humans at war with the machines this film suggests that their route to dominance and control may be through taking advantage of suspicion and fear to encourage humans to surrender their freedom to the machines.

The design of the robots was okay especially the little two-legged ones that almost look like toys but they turn out to have more in common with a certain silver ball from 'Phantasm'. This is film is worth a watch, not too deep and not too dumb.

Rating 7/10
½ June 4, 2011
With the new Freedom of Observation Act, mobile surveillance cameras ‚" nicknamed eyeborgs ‚" are now employed to ensure US citizens are not getting up to mischief. Musician Jarrett, the President‚(TM)s nephew, is an unwitting target for assassination, and with a Homeland Security agent and news reporter investigating, they discover the eyeborgs‚(TM) are taking over. Feeling like an eighties DTV movie, Eyeborgs is a lot of fun mixing sci-fi conspiracy and cheesy action and explosions. Plus it‚(TM)s got Danny Trejo as a guitar dealer!
½ June 2, 2011
Wonderful for Netflix Bad Movie Night, Danny Trejo is awesome though
½ May 15, 2011
Well technically...EYE-BOTS...NOT EYE-BORGS. No flesh = no borg.
Still better than the usual crap "SyFy" is notorious for. Danny Trejo popping up in this? After the awesome "Machete"?
Like others have said, I see great ambition behind the tiny budget.
Watchable enough...and did I hear "Bad Religion" in there?