Ezra Reviews

• Feb 03, 2010

This was the child-perspective version of the less-interesting part of Blood Diamond.

• Oct 23, 2009

Harsh reality, sad movie, make me think a lot !

Harsh reality, sad movie, make me think a lot !

• Jun 27, 2008

Film sur les enfants soldats, en Sierra-Leone, meme si le pays n'est pas cite. Le film est blinde des thunes d'arte, et souffre peut-etre de trop de moyens. C'est tape a l'oeil et brouillon. Reste une energie un peu affolante dans les scenes de brutalite. Pas de quoi susciter un remake hollywoodien pour autant.

• Apr 28, 2008

Saw as part of SF International Film Festival. Offered a different and more "realistic" perspective from the big budget blockbusters. The exploitation of children and the power/politics/greed surrounding natural resources disgusted me. I liked the ending and was helpful that Director spoke at screening to put movie into context.

• Jan 24, 2008

Didn't like Blood Diamond? Didn't even like the idea of Blood Diamond? This is probably the film for you. I highly recommend it.

• Oct 29, 2007

A harsh depiction of child soldiers in Sierra Leone being taken away from their families and then taught to commit atrocities. The film offers no solutions (it isn't supposed to) but it certainly opens your eyes to the problem faced by the African authorites. When the credits rolled, there was silence in the cinema as the audience reflected on what they has just seen - pretty poignant.

• Oct 14, 2007

A though, brutal and important story about a yound child solider in Sierra Leone. Felt very uneasy when leaving the cinema