The Fabulous Dorseys - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fabulous Dorseys Reviews

½ January 7, 2017
random julesy background pic thanks to amazon prime
while certainly dated and never great
this bio pic of the always great musically Dorsey Brothers is worth a turn on viewing
esp if you like the music or have things to do in the foreground
the kind of movie i may have looked at with my grandfather if streaming existed when he did
with the legendary jazz band brothers playing themselves, this often maudlin sometimes dull sometimes witty fun picture always has great music and more
certainly a worse way to spend less than 2 hours
if ya ask julesy and the hobbit den kitties
January 3, 2015
I know next to nothing about the Dorseys, but I still enjoyed this movie. I did feel like it started to drag a little by about halfway through, but the characters were enough to keep me watching. Probably not one of my favorite classics, but it's worth sitting through.
July 6, 2013
Nice biography of musicians that allows the music to speak for itself in various interlude moments.
May 27, 2010
It?s worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn?t great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey?s mother. It?s best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.
May 27, 2010
62/100. It's worth watching for the music alone, and the historical appearances of many of the popular swing stars of the time. The screenplay isn't great, and it does lean toward melodrama. As for the performances, a bit uneven there. Sara Allgood does a fine job as the Dorsey's mother. It's best to ignore the negatives and focus on the great score and the slice of history this film is.
May 17, 2008
This is some movie
What music
The big band era
March 26, 2006
Mediocre biopic with fairly bland performances.