Facing the Giants - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Facing the Giants Reviews

November 19, 2016
Obviously its a badge of honour to get a bad rating from the critics when 85% of the audience liked this. It's passionate. It's real. I loved the movie. People get bothered by the faith aspect, but there's no reason to in this case. It's inspiring here. I showed it to a group of pre-teens and they came away cheering.
August 11, 2016
This as well as other movies by the Kendrick brothers are at times a little "corny", but stand out as quality productions over and above so many very bad and super awkward Christian movies. The small "corny" aspect aside, they have many very solid Christian truths in them.
June 4, 2016
Like I said in another rating... I like the sports movies, and I have no idea why!
March 9, 2016
A lesser film, in my opinion, than its predecessor, "Fly Wheel," but still an inspiring production nonetheless. I have nothing but respect for the total devotion that the Kendrick brothers have for their films. They truly have followed God's call, and are creating films they're proud of.
January 31, 2016
I was surprised by how much I liked this film. Yes, the acting and production value is somewhat sub-par, but there were moments in the film that genuinely choked me up (and that's not easy). I see this as an early effort by filmmakers that will (God willing) go on to better things.
½ January 31, 2016
Makes everyone have unrealistic views on teams, kids, outcomes and material things. Christian movie from top to bottom.
January 30, 2016
Does god answer all prayers are just the ones we wait upon, could we hinder his answer? Some believe in a concept of yes, no, or wait, where do you stand?
January 25, 2016
Not bad. Not bad at all.
½ December 26, 2015
Usually i could care less about football but this was a GREAT MOVIE (the acting was a huge improvement from Flywheel)!!! 2007?/2008?

Updated Review: Terrible acting, improbable script, but gooood story. I still like it. :P
2015
½ October 16, 2015
Poorly written, awfully cliché, and sO MANY MONTAGES! It's really like a skit from a football themed VBS, trying SO desperately to be relatable and cool. But the plot was so easy to figure out, and every word I heard sounded like someone from one of those 1999 videos you watched in school about the dangers of smoking.
And about the montages... Are we sure this is a movie and not just a long commercial for some Christian country singers' collab album?
September 14, 2015
A faithful movie that is upfront about its message. A little over-the-top at times, it has a lot of heart. Not going to win you over if you don't believe, but it will tug on your heart-strings if you do
August 30, 2015
While one or two scenes feel like they were "made for TV," Facing the Giants reteaches the audience the story of David and Goliath, but instead of throwing stones, they throw footballs. And there's a lot less blood and death.
July 12, 2015
They do an admirable effort in striving to avoid cliches but wrap the story up with a string of them. Still, if you're a part of the target audience, you're probably going to enjoy this movie.
July 10, 2015
This reminds me of "The Sound of Music" The "movie critics" gave it the lowest rating. It turned out to be the best selling and most liked films of the decade. Why? Critics, especially the ones used by Rotten Tomatoes, are brainwashed by what Hollywood churns out every day. They review a movie that shows all kinds of filth and nonstop, in-your-face worst of mankind's behavior and give it their highest ratings. They see a wonderful wholesome movie like Facing the Giants, and they have no idea what to do with it. I almost didn't watch it after reading the reviews from the likes of Leydon, Lobdell and Fry. Obviously they offended by such goodness. I am glad I didn't listen to them. This was a wonderful movie, with a great message, and an up-lifting story line. The acting is great and the production is genius. It has a great pace and actually acknowledges God's power, and displays what A Godly life looks like. It shows what real life is about, while entertaining you with humor, drama, and good old football. I loved this movie.
May 28, 2015
great movie. I love this series, they are bringing good wholesome movies into mainstream.
March 1, 2015
My wife and I saw his film last night. We were astonished to see how well-acted, well-produced this low-budget film came across. We found it inspiring, and not insipid, that these characters choose to let the words of the Bible become so real to them that they achieve great things, and become happier, better people. True, becoming a Christian does not always guarantee you a "happy ending" in real life. But we should celebrate stories like this, not poo-poo them. The world would be a better place if families enjoyed more films like this together than the atrocious fare that fills our networks and cable channels and mutltiplexes. Better to light a candle thn curse the darkness.
February 1, 2015
With God All Things Are Possible especially on the football field.
½ December 27, 2014
Second worst acted movie I've ever seen right ahead of 'Fingerprints', but not very by very much. Won't recommend either to anyone. The full star is because I love football the half is because I'm a southern Christian.
½ December 22, 2014
Another missionary film. Technically, it did nothing wrong step by step. With all due respect, give me a break by mentioning HIS name five times in a single dialogue, for Christ's sake.
½ November 19, 2014
Facing the Giants is a positive, uplifting, and family-friendly motion picture that not only entertains but delivers an important message on the power of faith and placing God first, whether in the classroom, on the football field, in the home, or wherever life may lead. Despite a predictable plot, Facing the Giants works extraordinarily well for what it is, a faith-based movie that's bound to touch the lives of all who watch.