Factotum - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Factotum Reviews

January 28, 2013
Covers similar ground to Barfly but Matt Dillon's Chinaski isn't quite as eccentric or entertaining as Rourke's and the film lacks Bukowski's usual humour.
½ December 20, 2012
hate it, I thought it was crap, I just didn't like this movie, I expected better and expected better from Matt Dillon, I don't want this movie on DVD, I didn't think it was a good movie
December 7, 2012
Could be worth a viewing, would like to see it sometime in the future.
½ November 5, 2012
Despite interesting subject matter, Hamer and company fails to reach the potential in Factotum. With weak cinematography and average acting (other than Dillon), It seems to be an uninspired attempt at a decent script.
½ November 3, 2012
I've read almost all Bukowski books and i would say that this movie portrays pretty good his beliefs..
September 2, 2012
Damn good Bukowski. Damn good....
½ August 27, 2012
good film about a great writer with a great soundtrack by dadafon
½ August 2, 2012
matt dillon ba?rolde, factotum charles bukowski nin roman?ndan uyarlama,her i?i yapabilen adam gibi bir anlamda..bir tane sewgilisi oluor uzatmal? sewgilisi,arada ayr?l?p yendien birle?iolar vs,bi ara marisa tomei ile tak?l?or filan,genelde kay?p diye nitelendirebilecegimiz hayatlar? g÷sterior ama adam cool ŘstŘ cool,her girdigi i?te išior,sigara išior vs patronlara geri vites yapm?or vs derken kovuluor hep..÷le bi hikaye i?te,fena deil film bence ;)
½ June 6, 2012
En tant qu'Úcrivain apprenti, ša me touche davantage. Cette dÚmonstration de pathÚticitÚ humaine, c'est poignant, c'est tranchant, c'est enivrant. Chinaski a une telle perception de la vie, un tel abysse ouvert sous ses pieds qu'on s'y laisse nonobstant aspirer... Et bon Dieu que ša fait peur.
June 6, 2012
po knjizi od bukowskog,neznan kako mi je ovo promaklo...jos norveski redatelj ej :D
June 3, 2012
Read the novel instead.
May 8, 2012
masterpiece that outstripped even Bukovski
April 29, 2012
Disjointed and depressing. I suppose it's possible one of the two was deliberate.
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
April 18, 2012
Gotta love Bukowski! This film had a great mix of humor and hopelessness. Dillon really surprised me in the role of Chinaski! I'd love to see him reprise it in an adaptation of The Post Office!
April 10, 2012
awesome adaptation of bukowski's novel
½ April 2, 2012
I was terribly disappointed by this film. I found it excruciatingly dull. Every few minutes I was looking at the time elapsed on the front of my dvd player to see if it was over soon...not a good sign. I so desperately wanted it to be good, but alas, it was not to be.
March 26, 2012
I miss the whole point of this movie, and rather then watch it a second time, I rather have pins stuck in my eyeballs, The best part of the movie was the line about the wine nats on the unemployment office. Could Matt Dilon fall any lower. 1 star
March 9, 2012
He's not exactly the most lovable character but he's certainly funny and you sort of warm to him. Matt Dillon is really good and also a decent supporting cast. It surprised me that is was around 90 minutes because it felt very slow, but none the less very much enjoyed it.
½ February 10, 2012
Nekako, mrachno privlachan film.