Fade to Black - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fade to Black Reviews

October 16, 2014
Aside from the niche style of music which is an acquired taste, the film itself is not all that, more of a concert with a few interjections in between from the backstage and unseen build up to the gig. The language and lyrics used are quite revealing if you're not used to this genre of music, and Cliff Richard fans should certainly stay clear of this one.
July 16, 2014
Look into how one of the best albums ever was finished and the concert that was suppose to end a legacy
½ August 12, 2013
Overlong concert album with great music but very little insight.
December 7, 2012
Will have to watch this one. Not necassarily good or bad. Will see. Want to watch!
May 19, 2012
Can I get an Encore?
April 19, 2012
I dont care to watch.
March 16, 2012
the best to ever do it!
September 30, 2011
Best rapper alive! You need to love Jay to understand this film. This was an in depth look into the making of THE historic Black Album. Genius documentary from a genius man.
May 25, 2011
Not as psychological as the autobiographical tone promised, and Jigga himself suggested. Too much of a concert video, and even as that it is nothing special, just a static memory of those who were there. Mostly just praise of Hov. Yet, very powerful and document of our time. Great music. Highlight: Kanye West, the producer.
½ November 19, 2010
Meh, the concert aspect was dope. But the behind the scenes footage was underwhelming.
July 18, 2010
walla......cant get better then this.....
½ June 28, 2010
((Late review)) ...... Before I saw this, I was never a Jay-Z fan.... And to this day I'm not THAT much of a fan, but I've learned how to appreciate artists..... Go watch it if you're a hip hop head... They smoked weed in the middle of MSG, you've gotta love this shit :D
½ May 11, 2010
the last, but not really the last concert Jay Z does, I am expecting at least 5 more last concerts for Jay Z in madison
½ January 28, 2010
This is not a movie...And since when do music videos count as flicks now days"
½ August 20, 2009
I liked it.. I'm into Jay-Z's music
August 20, 2009
i really like jay-z..i think beyonce is so fit to him...and i like beyonce so much...i like black man or black girl...they r talented people...they can do anything...they perform so well...really!!!
½ August 8, 2009
Classic album, G.O.A.T. status artist, documents a great concert, this whole thing was a true inspiration.
July 18, 2009
i will like to see it
July 15, 2009
probably one of the best concert movies i seen....i only seen a few but it was ingenious to put some studio recording sessions.....in between....though his retirement was only like 3 years it was a good way to go out
May 11, 2009