Fahrenheit 9/11 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fahrenheit 9/11 Reviews

April 29, 2017
I'm a little behind with documentary films and this finally arrived from the library. The film is great for the backstory of the connections and eye opening for the better part. It covers a lot of ground and the war in Iraq is definitely painful to watch when I've known people who went. There is an objective to smear the current government of the time and you do understand the reasons. It is relentless with too much pushing of opinions, Michael Moore seems to have gone personal with this film. I have my own opinion of all government policies and won't voice them here, this film works in many ways and fails with many others. A must see film. 29/04/2017
March 20, 2017
As with 'Bowling For Columbine', you don't really learn anything new - just made aware of the facts that were there already but choose to ignore. Moore is more of a confrontational documentary filmmaker, presenting the shocking truth and looking for the reactions of those at fault. This film does that, but it's overly long and Moore's control over the proceedings (as well as his intentions) seems to dwindle halfway through.
February 20, 2017
Interesting documentary as he points out much of what we already knew was wrong with the Bush Administration
January 30, 2017
viewed on 17/8/04 (Tues)

I left the theatre with a very heavy heart. I feel pity for the Americans and thank goodness, I don't live in a country run by a very incompetent, money-grabbing, two-faced, pretentious and insincere president. I like the opening of the film of Al Gore winning the election.

Ok, when I watched SUPERSIZE ME, the facts presented in the documentary are not new to me. I read them before the show so they did not take me by surprise. I was even lamenting that reading the reviews spoilt my viewing pleasure. Now, for this documentary, I read even more about it before I watch it. Still, what I see on the big screen never fails to surprise, shock and move me. You may have read it all, heard it all but it is rather different seeing it for yourself.

I have to admit that I am trying hard not to be bought over by Michael Moore completely. There are accusations that he presented his facts unfairly. I think it is inevitable. Anything that is edited will have some degree of bias. Now they may be griping about the minor details but those who read the papers and follow the news, what we discuss at the coffeeshop and over luch breaks is not far from what Michael Moore and the Americans see in George Bush. It takes only a courageous man like Michael Moore to make it more public.

I believe Michael Moore, unlike his cheeky and humorous self in BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE, is dead serious in exposing all the uncensored ugly side of George Bush. He is relentless and shows utter hatred for him. There is one particular scene which everyone will bring up. The expression George Bush had when he was told of the 9/11 tragedy in a school classroom, in the middle of a reading activity. You read and heard about his candid response to the news but nothing prepares me for what I am going to see. He was shown showing a blank expression and you can see fear, devastation and utter loss in his eyes. It has a very haunting effect.

I think if I am an American, the documentary will be very close to my heart and I would have given a A+. I just think it is not fair to give it the highest honour when I am not capable of knowing the ultimate truth. Like what Moore quoted Orson Welles in the documentary, there is no winner in a war. I must not be impulsive to declare Moore as a winner too.

Expected Rating: A-
Rating: A
January 4, 2017
At the risk of making his film sound too preachy, Michael Moore examines with a lot of sardonic humor the causes behind one of the most shameful chapters in recent American history, creating an insightful and well-edited documentary that should be seen by everyone.
½ November 27, 2016
Powerful. Shocking. Tough. Especially with the election. Shocking how it all repeats. Yet the people protesting now are wrong and need to get over it.
½ October 12, 2016
Gore was supposed to win and the Bush family has been close with Saudi Arabia for a very long time. Osama was even working for the CIA.
½ October 6, 2016
This straight up attack on the Bush administration is shocking and sometimes brutal. The interviews with the soldiers is pretty strong, and same goes for when Michael is confronted by a security guard. The movie is scathing, but also very eye opening in some ways. The only over the top moment I didn't like was when Moore tries to get senators to sign their children up for the war. The Bush scenes are very good and it was an enjoyable documentary.
August 16, 2016
Total propaganda Rotten Tomatoes is a bunch of liberal fascists!
August 14, 2016
It's hard for me to review a documentary without just giving you guys a list of facts. But what I can tell you is that Michael Moore perfectly spends 2 hours carefully explaining how George W. Bush "destoryed" the United States of America. How he was able to turn the American public into people oozing with fear and how he was able to take those fearful teenage boys and send them to a war that they had no business being a part of. If you are interested in politics, this is a must watch. I think this may be the best time to watch it before the polls open for Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton. Michael Moore makes politics interesting and he does it here very well.
½ July 24, 2016
What predictions from the movie came true? Yeah, exactly.
July 11, 2016
Michael Moore is aiming every canon towards G.W. Bush and the republicans, with a rather legal point. The war of terrorism is purely a lie, there is stuff with great value here, and there lots of things which should have been left out. What are his motives? All in all a interesting documentary.
½ June 20, 2016
Thought-provoking albeit one-sided documentary.
June 8, 2016
after seeing this film.... you gotta ask yourself one question..... why is george w. bush NOT on death row for crimes against humanity????
March 20, 2016
One of the best documentaries I've ever seen.
February 20, 2016
Well done, but WAYYYYY too one sided
February 17, 2016
Michael Moore takes on American foreign policy in this devastatingly funny and satirical account of the first term of President George W. Bush. It's angry and sometimes strays on weird tangents but Moore makes an effective case for the stupidity of the leaders under analysis here.
½ February 12, 2016
Pretty decent movie, but very slow at times. Very interesting, truthful outlook at many shady things dealing with President Bush and the wars during his presidency.
December 22, 2015
It's a tipical one sided Moore movie, but definately worth watching.