Falling Up - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Falling Up Reviews

June 18, 2016
I don't know why this movie was written, much less made. There was no character development, no legitimate plot, no laughs, no cries, no damns to be given. The pace was so slow and in the end went nowhere anyway. Why do I bother torturing myself with Saturday network access movies?
½ September 26, 2012
its kinda cute and likable..
½ August 8, 2012
This movie was ridiculous. The two redeeming qualities were the appearance of Snoop Dogg as a night doorman and the sweet romance between the young nurse/doorman and the penthouse princess.
December 17, 2011
Firstly, Snoop Dogg needs to do more acting - he played this role perfectly. Overall, this movie is decent, but lacking in many areas - mostly editing. The story is cliche, the acting is par, but it has a nice message and a few touching moments, so it landed - kinda. Rachael Leigh Cook and Annette O'Toole were both fantastic - great performances.
December 11, 2011
November 17, 2011
This was pretty good. I enjoyed the story line and the acting was pretty good. Was a bit predictable though at least the ending was but still was fun to watch. :) I recommend
October 13, 2011
Motivating! Just like those Fairy tale kinda motivation, Cinderella and the Prince lol
August 27, 2011
5th avenue meets Flatbush. Doorman Snoop Doge Dogg shows up to greet every tenant, and 2 worlds collide.
July 2, 2011
grest music in this smart & funny rom-com that features death prominently proof therre's still life in the rom-com gernre/black comedy.
½ July 1, 2011
Snoop Dogg is in this!! Mildly funny.
½ June 20, 2011
I know that romantic comedies aren't supposed to be realistic, but this was stretching the bounds. It was cute and I wanted to finish the movie, but in no means was it very good. It was funny, but the weird kind.

Favorite part; Snoop Dog and Rachael Leigh Cook
½ April 30, 2011
A good watch once through.
February 14, 2011
A cute enough rom-com. Joseph Crossā(TM)s dad dies at the start of the movie (not in a dramatic way), and Cross beings work as a doorman so the family can afford to keep the house. The dadā(TM)s death sets the tone for the rest of a pretty light movie. But itā(TM)s still enjoyable.

The cast is my favorite topic on this one. I thought Cross was good in a low-key role. Seems pretty likeable. I really like the little bit Iā(TM)ve seen of the gorgeous Sarah Roemer, and I love the name. She is a perfect love interest in this movie and whatever else one can imagine. I didnā(TM)t recognize Rachel Leigh Cook until at least half way through. Again, completely likeable and somewhat tragic she has been kicked down to doing more independent-type flicks (though I like them). And Snoop Dogg was surprisingly good in a more dramatic role. Not that dramatic given the lightness of the movie, but no stupid sayings and a toned-down role. Finally, the mom is good and delivers a pretty good speech at the end of the movie. Bumped it up a solid half-point to a 7.5/10.

The story is quite but how realistic I wonder? Iā(TM)ve seen a few movies and shows that point toward an equal suffering among the rich. I do believe that, but itā(TM)s tough to compare the lives of someone who works and never gets ahead and someone with a silver spoon from birth. Right before the mom speech at the end, Cross delivers a little speech of his own. I wish heā(TM)d answered her speech with something along the lines of: momā(TM) what I said is true. Itā(TM)s not bad and Iā(TM)m not ashamed, but it is what it is. Plumbers donā(TM)t date trust-fund babies. Truthfully, Iā(TM)d rather associate with the plumber. And therein lies the suffering on either side: judgment based on something other than personality. But it sure is cute when they can get past it in the movies.
December 28, 2010
Cute movie. Nothing to write home about. I would recommend if you are in the mood for a girly flick, and cant decide on anything else. Annette OToole plays Henrys Mom, and she does an ok job. Decent, but not great.
December 24, 2010
Oddly likeable, with a strange cast ensemble that includes Snoop Dogg.
½ December 15, 2010
What A Shocker. Soundtrack Was The Same Bloody Tune Over & Over, Which Was Laughable Considering Snoop Dogg Was One Of The Cast. The Love Story Was Lamely Predictable With Crap Performances All Round.
December 7, 2010
I thought this movie was nice, easy to watch and follow. I can understand Henry and most of us understand the mindset of "station in life" it is not right but we all do it. It is a great date movie.
November 21, 2010
A pretty good cute movie. the music in it is good.
½ November 7, 2010
cute story about the clash between classes and love