False Pretenses Reviews

• Sep 08, 2017

Terrific cast, good script, and top-notch acting. First-class entertainment without a huge budget. Peta Wilson shows why she is one of the most underrated actresses of her generation. Cross the wrong woman and payback can be a bitch! It is our loss that Wilson wasn't able to make more movies that channeled her inner-Nikita.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Jan 05, 2015

Predictable, but entertaining.

Predictable, but entertaining.

• Feb 12, 2014

Caught this on the W network and stuck with it because I was such a huge fan of La Femme Nikita and Peta Wilson plays the vengeful wife here. Its not a great movie even for Lifetime, the acting is okay but it feels kinda choppy and rushed (she didn't appear to mourn her husband at all) with some super boring parts involving the "Ponzi scheme". There were a couple twists I didn't see coming towards the end but still very forgettable. Peta plays a woman seeking revenge against a con artist who finagled her husband out of all their money, an event that prompted him to commit suicide. 02.14.14