Fame High - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fame High Reviews

November 24, 2015
It suffers from a lack of depth as it spends a lot of slow screen time on mundane conversations while never presenting a clear and detailed look at how the school functions.
½ September 19, 2014
Ethan's review: bad editing and bad cinematography.
February 27, 2014
Inspired by these kids yet feel sad for some of them. Some of these parents need to go back to parenting school. Your child first, meal ticket way on down the line.
February 21, 2014
I am going to pass on this one.
January 12, 2014
This movie reminded me of my high school experience. I guess I went to a performing arts school after all...
November 13, 2013
A very open and unassuming documentary following the lives of several youngsters at a competitive LA art school. I felt for them very much, and this world is always curious to visit. The doc was made well, and I enjoyed it very much!
½ November 13, 2013
There is enough drama is this earnest documentary about teens with big dreams, but ultimately the story loses focus, especially when it tries to make a case about arts education at the end in a half-hearted effort to insert political meaning into a teen-drama narrative. The documentary could have been many things - an honest look at teenagers, at the arts, at the very idea of fame. It tries to be all this (plus the political ideas) and ends up being none. The characters are so engaging, though, that one can forgive the structural flaws.
August 20, 2013
Fame High is an incredible look at the reel Glee - high school students striving to make it big in the arts. It wonderfully follows several characters as they succeed - and sometimes don't succeed so much at the most competitive and high pressured arts high schools in Los Angeles. Totally recommend this new work by the extremely talented filmmaker behind the Oscar nominated The Garden.

Jon
August 20, 2013
This movie really captures the essence of the struggle for fame in the entertainment world. I felt like my dreams were on the line. I definitely recommend.
June 8, 2013
great documentary for those of us like documentaries on life we know
February 10, 2013
An enjoyable peek into the lives of some aspiring entertainers at their high school for the arts. I wish the film had a gone a little deeper with each of the subjects, but it gets high marks for reinforcing just how important arts education to everyone.