Family Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

A decent watch, can't say I'd watch it again, and don't recommend it unless you're on a "offbeat child, unprepared guardian" trope kick. I'm not really impressed with the acting, the story, or the fact that this movie heavily involved Insane Clown Posse (like em if you like em, but I have my reasons not to). And in fairness, the inevitable concert makes for a rather touching moment. This is a search for self identity for the adult and coming of age for the kid, and cliche that has no real distinction here. It feels like that's the problem, while most stories like this focus on the kid: this is very much about the adult having to deal with the kid.

• May 12, 2020

Baby joker cracked me up . This was an easy watch movie that follows a story that has been played time and time again . In the end it still had enough originality to be more good than bad 2.7. Synopsis - a coming of age story for an odd girl who is able to come into her own when her parents leave her with her aunt who is a workaholic

• May 07, 2020

I put off watching this for months because of the obvious potential for suckage in the general synopsis of the movie. Turns out, it's a perfectly good comedy that locked me in early on and kept me interested & laughing for the first 3/4's of the movie. It did treacle down as 'lessons were learned' and they all....care n' stuff. Taylor Schilling is was a spot on choice for the lead. She's very good in drama and comedy. Lohman was good as the hypertense mom. My guy Brian Tyree Henry is great, as always. And Kate McKinnon gives us yet another reason to watch anything she is in. 3 stars

• Apr 24, 2020

Wow. Better than expected.

Wow. Better than expected.

• Apr 08, 2020

Extremely heartfelt and utterly hilarious story with fabulous character development and undeniable charm. The narrative beats are a tad familiar but the execution is near flawless. Very surprised by how much I liked this film. Definitely rewatching this one very soon.

• Feb 14, 2020

Sublime scriptwriting. Taylor Schilling gives a nuanced performance that is as touching as it is hilarious. Maddie's character is so relatable and real, and Bryn Vale is a standout in this role. Was surprised how endearing Fabrizio Guido was as Dennis. It is, at its essence, about the love and acceptance we crave in the families we're given, and in the families we cobble together in spite of the rejections of the wider world.

• Feb 05, 2020

Surprising funny. Shoutout to Paperboi

Surprising funny. Shoutout to Paperboi

• Jan 27, 2020

A charming little comedy that rarely generates laughs but entertains nonetheless.

• Jan 06, 2020

5/5 for me I thought this was an amazing movie. It shows the balance that you need in life between work, family, life but also shows how to be open and listen to kids who might be struggling with who they are. People in some ratings who believe it's centred around ICP are wrong- as they only come into the movie at the very end. This movie has a solid 80% for a reason! And deserves it. Please watch this if you're trying to find a good, warm hearted movie today ❤️✌️

• Nov 20, 2019