Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Reviews

½ February 12, 2018
An enjoyable view on the wizarding world. Definitely recommend watching. It's a shame you knew Colin Farrell was the antagonist from the very start as they gave it away with the hair immediately..it was just a matter of waiting.
February 6, 2018
Newt is a compelling lead character. Jacob was fun, and a comedic relief, in a not so obvious way. I had fun learning about all of the different beasts. Can't wait to see more of Newt and his friends : )
February 3, 2018
Movie made no sense. Great film if you enjoy confusion and loud sounds
½ February 2, 2018
Well at least this film got a interesting story, or else I will be giving this a 2-star rating. But it may be a great film for Harry Potter fans.
February 1, 2018
I like the adult theme set in the Harry Potter world. What's not to like. Come on people!! Not a fan of Waterston but she did okay. Looking forward to next film. Kudos.
½ January 30, 2018
I hate this movie it's boring and confusin.
January 29, 2018
I am obsessed. Brilliant storytelling. Thrilling characters, perfect acting, special effects, costume design, just everything on point.
January 27, 2018
I was excited to see this movie and learn of the upcoming sequels. The movie as a stand alone wasn't great. I would give the sequels a try considering the story line and how much I enjoyed Harry Potter; however, with yet another appearance of recycled, blonde villain, Depp as Grindelwald, I'm seriously disenchanted. Lost the magic, J. K.
January 27, 2018
Absolutely loved it.
½ January 27, 2018
Other than pacing issues and the way that reveal was done it was a great movie... I hope they will work on the pacing and make the sequel even better than this one. and yeah., there was also the issue of Eddie redmayne mumbling many of his dialogues which was not a big issue for me as I watched this with subtitles but for those who didn't this certainly was a big issue. and I hope we will see real Percival graves in some of the sequels.
½ January 24, 2018
With dazzling special effects, Fantastic beasts and Where to Find them, brings another adventurous film to the green screen.
January 23, 2018
Harry Potter fans will love the new spin-off, even though there is very little to do with the Wizarding World, as we formerly knew it.
January 18, 2018
It's hard to pinpoint why this is so tiresome. It's not the cinematography or production design, it's not the performances (although Eddie Redmayne's trademark toothy mannerisms have become increasingly annoying), it's not David Yates' direction. It's the feeling that it's just one thing after another aka the Harry Potter problem. There's only so many times a CGI monster can create havoc while the camera swoops and we all go 'wow'.
January 13, 2018
Terrible. Didn't like any of it. The title is a little misleading as it seemed more in the end to be about an Obscurus which I believe was poorly executed.
January 12, 2018
the film
10/10
harry potter
January 3, 2018
more enjoyable than harry potter. more original ideas and more relevant even if it is set in the early half of the 1900s. forget a world of teenage problems of high school and being special because you can kill the bad guy and enter an adult wizarding world that anyone can love and enjoy. with real in context issues and a part of the universe we actually want to see and is really interesting to watch. enjoyable and lovable characters. amazing special affects. the sounds were just as good. casting brilliant. its a fun film.
January 3, 2018
I've never been a Harry Potter fan, neither watched and read any of the source material. So this might have been a bad choice to start with Harry Potter franchise and this movie didn't win me over to watch more of Harry Potter movies. That said I'm sure the fans of Harry Potter will enjoy regardless & wanting more. The only saving grace of this movie was following of one of the supporting character who's witnessing this world of magic because most of the time, that's how I felt during the movie and without it, I would have been fall asleep most of the movie.
½ January 2, 2018
3.5/5. 7.1/10.

-JDK
December 31, 2017
The movie wasn't perfect, but it was still really good and a welcoming presence as a prequel to the Harry Potter saga. Everything about this was on point, it had one of the best storylines, a great cast of characters, the best special effects I've seen in the series, and the unique beasts were truly incredible. I can't wait for the next movie and see where it could go, very special things are instore.